Recommendations

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Miku, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Sabruness likes this.
  2. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i do not seem to recall anything about a tournament arc, there was some sort of tournament in the first 100 chapters i believe but overall not important to the story (i read it over a year ago so i might be wrong)

World of Cultivation is xuanhuan at least according to tags..
    (special powers include bloodline/physique cultivation, buddhist cultivation, immortal cultivation and spell? cultivation...
    mostly eastern stuff but as there are spells it cannot be considered pure xianxia)

as for Reverend Insanity it is xianxia but a very unique and enjoyable non-repetitive cultivation novel so i figured i'd mention it

EDIT: you might like Warlock of the Magus World ..... this is basically a western fantasy cultivation novel, not as much focus on cultivation but still seeking Eternal Life.

EDIT 2: just found a xuanhuan novel called Eternal Life, seems decent from reviews so i guess check it out? lol

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  4. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
  5. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to ask.

Are you serious or trolling?

I've read the reviews on that novel and it's really really bad.

I've read my fair share of bad novels. I still keep up to date with MGA but i have never recommended it to someone else because i know how bad it is.

Then again, maybe you still haven't read really decent ones. I remember my first time reading MGA, the latest chapter was still in the 9 provinces the last arc before the MC goes outside of the 9 provinces(continent) but i binge read that thing for 2 days straight.

But i can't imagine doing that anymore, maybe because i've read really decent ones or maybe because i've read too many average novels like it.

6. Saol

Saol [The Six Sect★Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    So you haven't read it yourself. How can you approve or disapprove something you haven't tried yourself? Based on someone else's review? Really? *disapproving look*
    Had a few novels that I was afraid to start reading because of bad reviews and lo and behold...when I tried them myself they were really good. Since than I take reviews with a pinch of salt.

To OP
    I'm upto date on the translated chapters of Super Gene novel and it's not as bad as others. Yes there is some repetition (in people's underestimation of the MC and than him kicking ass) as in any other webnovel there'll ever be but its not as strong as in other stories (there was a moment near the last arc when I thought "oh, it'll repeat" but it didn't happen...so I can honestly recommend this one. )

Enryu022 and otaku31 like this.
  7. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what reviews are for.

They would be called comments if they arent.

Of course there are reviews that hate on novels for specific personal trigger reasons.

But those are rare.

Anyways, your suggestion goes against what the OP is looking for. What you suggested is exactly the kind of novel the OP is blacklisting.

You also said it yourself that there is repetition. At this point you sound like a mother calling her son 'handsome' when he's not. I don't really care much for your taste but you are suggesting something OPPOSITE of what the OP clearly stated he wanted.

I might add, reviews exists for a reason. If i went somewhere and the local people(who experienced it/in this case people who read Super Gene and left those reviews) told me that this particular alley is dangerous, i would listen. What are the odds of those people lying to me? compared to the odds of me getting mugged/killed in said alley.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  8. jakcoholic1

jakcoholic1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wolrd of cultivation is like reading a wikipedia. ALL EXPLANATION. mostly find 2 sentences of conversation on every pages. very boring.

9. Enryu022

Enryu022 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the reviews of novels that Qidian translate is not a bright idea, especially on this site!

Saol likes this.
  10. Eques

Eques Translation machine (not)

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that Reaper of the Martial World does what you want. It's an English Origional that is, admittedly, only at 457 chapters (as of today, as it updates a few chapters practically daily), and is seeming to attempt to avoid repeating itself.

Apart from that, I don't know. I tend to categorise all Cultivation Novels together as if they were one genre, and so would have difficulty with this even if these stories didn't typically repeat themselves.

...Once Upon A Time, There Was A Spirit Sword Mountain and Commanding Wind And Cloud? Novelupdates marks them as Xianxia and Xuanhuan, respectively, at least.

Once Upon A Spirit Sword Mountain is the story of an intelligent MC who uses his intelligence and shamelessness to succeed at everything he puts his mind to. It was written due to the Author wanting to show that there could be more diversity for MC's and plots in the (Xianxia) genre. The only really repetitive bit is the MC succeeding by outsmarting or out manoeuvring everyone else, possibly including his "allies" every single arc... probably a few dozen times each arc due to the circumstances they end up in.

Commanding Wind and Cloud is a fairly straight forward Cultivation Novel, where the MC gets a cheat and uses that cheat to become the very best, like no one ever was. His particular cheat is a floppy wizard hat that knocked him out by landing on him during a test, which can send him into a dream realm that trains him up in various ways by absolute experts in their fields. The thing about this story is that it sounds what you're looking for, a Xuanhuan where most of the superfluous, repetitive chaff extra chapters were taken out of the story, only including things that either do something new, add something or otherwise benefits the story as a whole.

Then you didn't get to the point where the MC, Zuo Mo (I, honestly, don't bother remembering the names of most MC's) crafted new weapons in the Mo style (the body cultivation race). Just the crafting itself took about 5 to 10 chapters, most of which was either repeats of the MC crafting, or sights of the Mo outside reacting to the environmental changes from the MC crafting. It basically ends up doing everything you asked for us not to avoid.

12. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    If i were to be honest, my bright idea would be brighter than yours that abandons or completely ignores the reviews of novels in this site.

If you took the time(it only takes a few seconds to skim the reviews), you would be able to tell the difference between those useless reviews from the useful reviews.

I can tell a good story from a novel that was written purely to earn cash/profit from readers, the reviews will tell me as it will for you, if you just took the time.

13. Enryu022

Enryu022 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should stop dude before you embarrass yourself further, you are arguing with someone who actually read that novel while you never even check one page of it! Either be useful and recommend a type of novels OP asked for or stop arguing with those who are trying to be helpful here!

Try Everlasting Immortal Firmament OP, I haven’t seen any repetitiveness so far where i reached in that novel!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  14. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    You are mad because you wanted to come off as someone wise by saying i am not so bright with relying on reviews while i plainly stated to you the obvious logical reasons as to why reviews exists.

As i said, i don't need to read a chapter of said story because i already know what kind of novel it is. Sigh, it's sad when someone can't even handle an argument in an online forum. Calls other people useless but praises the other guy for recommending something the OP asked not to recommend, OP clearly stated he did not want repetitive CN novels which the guy recommended, he even admitted it so in his post.

It's sad when people regardless of what OP stated recommends their bias novels simply because they like them.

I did not recommend any novels because all the novels i would actually recommend to the OP has been recommended already aside from the really popular ones which odds are, OP already read them(works from IET and Er Gen).

Also i'm not as shameless as to recommend novels i like just because i like them. Regardless if i'm useful or not because i havent recommended anything, arent you the same? you came here to insult me and now you replied to my logical argument with another insult and as an added bonus just so you don't counter yourself, you recommended something. Just to say you are 'useful' like in your counter insult.

What a shame.

15. Saol

Saol [The Six Sect★Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels by Er Gen or IET not repetitive?! Really? Wow! They're the definition of repetitive novels! Wow!

And people are being Humans. They do things just because they can. 80% of the time if you'll look at a review and if you'll read the novel you'll find the review had nothing to do with the novel! JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN! (If I look at reviews there are few people that do them well that I search for specifically)
    Edit: and some repetivness is unavoidble! So yes I'll recommend something with the least amount of repetivness.

16. jakcoholic1

jakcoholic1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read BIBLE, an OP character is in the middle of the book.
    It have dragon, beast, army, etc. but its a tragedy though, MC died. Guarateed a non repetitive ones.