Picked Up 有匪 Bandits – Priest (HE)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Peterpan97, Aug 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Peterpan97

Peterpan97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:有匪 Bandits – Priest (HE)
    Raw Link:
    linkhere.com
    NU Link: http://91baby.mama.cn/thread-1148823-1-1.html
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Sounds interesting.
    Description:
    “There will come a day, when you will leap across the silent flowing waters of the Ink River, when you will leave the mountainous Utopia that is your home, and arrive under the pitch black night sky engulfed by clouds. You will witness the collapse of innumerable high, unclimbable mountains, and the drying of wide, uncrossable seas. But you must always remember, that your life hangs on the tip of your blade, and your blade must always point forward.”

“I hope, that before your blade shatters under the weight of the cold, unfeeling metal, you would be able to catch a glimpse of the first rays of dawn.”

2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting~

The title~ is the mc a priest? Who used to be a bandit?

3. MoMoePom

MoMoePom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    priest is the authors name. She's a really famous author even though i havnt read her works yet.

akki likes this.
  4. ChocolateCosmos

ChocolateCosmos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually Priest's bl stories get translated into other languages more as she wrote a lot of stories. Bandits is probably one of stories with a hetero pairing and also one of her popular works. From what I've read from people, her writing can be draggy as the novels she wrote tend to hit 100+ for chapters and are pretty lengthy each. However, she's great at reeling in readers and her bl stories are said to be written better (can't attest for that since i haven't read any of her bl stories)

As for Bandits:
    In a nutshell, there are these two "countries" (they're really states), the Northern and the Southern. The female lead resided in the central area where there is no war. I think she kinda live in a tribe-group like setting. Since her childhood, she hasn't experienced much with war and stuff, but that eventually changed when her dad got invited to join the Southern side.
    Btw this is all within the first couple of chapters. I'm not really spoiling the story here.
    As for the male lead, he's someone she met along the way and helped her out in sticky situations. He helped her grow into someone with poweress and strength in jianghu. She's the type to stand up for friends and seek out adventures.

Chiiiiiiiii, akki, Action and 2 others like this.
  5. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That description tho...

6. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh this one.

It's pretty highly rated on douban. But yeah, definitely as @ChocolateCosmos said: draggy. Maybe I'm just used to fast-paced webnovels or something, but this one felt kind of slow. Or at least the beginning was slow. The literary quality was very nice though. But it's definitely one of the more advanced Chinese novels I read. It was a little of a stretch beyond my Chinese reading level, so I ended up putting it on hold a couple chapters in.

It does seem like a decent book though.

alexfilia likes this.
  7. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh okay~
    Ah thanks~ I'm not a fan of vague descriptions that say a lot but at the same time don't reveal much about the novel~

8. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. NoonaFangirl

NoonaFangirl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest news is that it's going to be turned in a live action drama, titled "The Legend of Fei" starring Zhao Liying and Wang Yibo.

Pikiliu and Elisa1804 like this.
  10. Elisa1804

Elisa1804 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone pick up this novel for translation?? There is a live action coming up for it and I am getting curious regarding the story. Synopsis seems intriguing and the author is Priest. So it should be good.

11. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
  12. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Peterpan97

Peterpan97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    baka8roukanako likes this.
  14. Pikiliu

Pikiliu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhm, I started watching it two days ago, now I regret bc there aren’t any useful spoilers and I can only find up till episode 34 ;v;.