Recommendations 2ML like ML

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tumtum, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Tumtum

Tumtum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know how sometimes you want to grab the FL and scream at her to dump the ML and go for the second male lead? Well, me too.

I want a ML with the qualities of a second male lead. (For ex.; staying in the entertainment industry, meeting through mutual friends, ML’s sibling, doesn’t stalk FL, is at no point described as the “cold, handsome, and rich heir of [insert some big conglomerate with]” or some other version, doesn’t have step-sibling that want’s to ruin him for an unclarified reason besides wanting to control earlier mentioned conglomerate, isn’t good at combats for no particular reason, and has a person handsomer than him.

2. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading Tearmoon Empire (google it since its licenced for English translations you'll probably not find it on this site) right now and the one who seems to be the ML at the moment is quite the second male lead type of guy.
    The other guy is some genius righteous prince from some large empire and this guy is the second prince from another country who has always been compared to the first guy and his older brother. He doesn't have any talent in swordmanship and can't to anything so he starts messing around with women and gambling.

Anyway, you know how it goes. He falls in love with MC, she gives him hope and believes in him, and then he changes into best boi.

3. Ruruchi

Ruruchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd recommend Slowly Falling For Changkong the ML is one I rarely see in CN novels and it's nice to see a FL that is assertive and takes the lead in the relationship. The ML is someone who actually cares about the FL from the beginning and doesn't hide his emotions by acting cold (like other ML's). It's also cute whenever he acts shy cause the FL is always so bold.

4. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Lilla

Lilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk how much of a complex plot you're looking for bcs the one I'm about to recommend doesn't have it BUT Heroine saves a Gentleman has the cutest ML. FL is super likable too.

6. Tumtum

Tumtum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m reading tearmoon empire too and I agree with you on all fronts.
    It looks interesting.

thank you:blob_grin:

I wasn’t looking for a complex plot. I was just getting sick of cookie cutter MLs and thanks for the recommendation (y)

Lilla likes this.