News A better machine translation for chinese webnovels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by HarutoraRyu, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarutoraRyu

HarutoraRyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    have you ever seen the quality of "advance chapters for x amount donation"? i have seen some, they are barely a bit better than google translate. if people are ready to waste hundreds of $$ for such shit, i am not sure we should complain how shitty free mtl are.

The site is up now. if anyone interested, you can make account now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2019
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So what's these "babel bricks"? I saw this 67% off discout so without paying too much attention to what it said I assumed it cost money.

Edit: Simply being 'free' isn't a feature, but from a glance it does look like the translation is pretty good. Or at least it's smooth to read.

Is this site fully machine translated or is it edited by hand?

3. HarutoraRyu

HarutoraRyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is just some mess they made recently...used to be 10 bricks, use 1 brick to translate one whole page. and then they made this mess nobody wanted on 1st march. we are still chewing their heads off because of this mess.

just go to your library and click on the check in to get 5 bricks and you can translate one whole page with 5 bricks. after translation is done mark the page with the "mark it" button on the translated content and you will get back 5 bricks back and continue with translating. at the top there is a link to forum, where there is detail on the mess they made. https://forum.babelchain.org/t/good-news-we-will-have-five-changes-on-march-1st/138651 ....they really believed this mess would be a good news......

And all the novels are machine translated with their tool and then proofread by community.

If you have any problem or question regarding the site, just ask in their forums, forum and site have same login. https://forum.babelchain.org/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2019
    Astaroth likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    If the novels are pure MTL that did not go through human editing, you can safely report it through this form and the NU mods will look over it. If your claim holds true, then it will be appropriately removed.

If the novel was MTL'd and then edited though, then nothing will be done.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.