A conceptual weapon's theory of singularity?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Lazriser, May 17, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need validation on whether the conceptual attack is understandable, reasonable, and possible.

The conceptual weapon is a sword. The sword is not originally a sword, but it is perceive as a sword made from fragmented universes. This sword's original purpose is suppose to be a boundary between countless worlds. This sword's conceptual attack is accumulating every fragmented universe as shards, with each shard being a possibility. The sword is physically nonexistent, but it's existence parallels everything like a shadow.

The conceptual sword is the ultimate defense against anything supernatural and everything related to illness. The ultimate sword's ability is invincibility, therefore unconquerable to anything the sword's capable of defending. So the user uses the ultimate sword, but materializing the sword's whole body would make everything singular in nature.

The ultimate sword can be materialized incompletely, limiting the dimensional interference it has on which universe, the user has willingly attempt to summon it. The incomplete sword can nullify anything supernatural on contact, while the user will be immune to everything that negatively affects the user except death. The complete sword will enable the user complete victory, and shall grant the user invincibility, but the byproduct of it's complete form would be nullifying every possibility except complete victory. The concept of victory depends on how the user visualizes victory.

Lastly, the ultimate sword weights infinity into a singularity, meaning any existent universe is destroyed, becoming shards, and these shards will form the ultimate sword, which shall be the lightest yet densest existence materialized.

So is my conceptual weapon's theory of singularity understandable, reasonable, and possible by your knowledge?

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    strayCat0 and The loner like this.
  2. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Not possible, based on actual physics. I’m not sure if that is what you were asking however.

PotatoZero likes this.
  3. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    So not possible, but is it understandable and reasonable to you?

In a nutshell, the conceptual attack is defensive in nature, but the byproduct is infinity negates infinity plus one.

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    All the other issues aside, this one seems like the biggest. Because your story would end the moment that is summoned.

5. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Weight is a force, based on a mass interacting with gravitation acceleration. Gravitation acceleration is actual the amount by which spacetime is warped.

Singularity is the ‘core’ of a black hole. In order to have a black hole, you must have an escape velocity greater than the speed of light. Edge of a black hole is the (3D) radius at which the escape velocity = the speed of light.
    1) Singularities May be a point, but are more likely a ring due to conservation of angular momentum.
    2) When dealing with a sigularity the mass at the center may actually be in the form of energy.
    3) Until quantum mechanics and general relativity are reconciled, and we can understand ‘quantum gravity’ (how gravity works on very small scales) we are unable to truly understand/describe a singularity.

Edit: Meaning your sword creates a black hole and everyone dies...

6. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    1 singularity in physic = unknow....
    2 if the sword weight is infinite...materializing even a fragment will cause a massive blackhole to appear instead of a sword...

7. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This lowly one can only sit in the corner watching the higher being's discussion.. :sweating_profusely:

Nagecian, Moy and Nifleims like this.
  8. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you remove all physics terms like ‘singularity’ and replace them with a fictionalized term. Then it can do anything and everything you want and no one can complain about it.

9. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Why illness, that's oddly specific for something on the scale of multiverse
    What do you mean by singular
    Why?

10. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate I have so many questions, and I am so confused right now (forget about physics and whether it is scientifically and theoretically possible or not), like why is a sword for defence? and why a sword is a boundary between multiverses? and what do you mean infinity plus one (like something surpassing infinity?), so many questions, you can't imagine what paradox you made in my head right now imagining that sword, so excuse me for saying this but here is my answer

Moy and rhianirory like this.
  11. PotatoZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Singularity is actually not the core of black holes.. it's mathematical concept that is found in the center of black holes, but it also can be found in simple coordinate transformation

12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole story is trying not to summon the ultimate sword, because I plan to make an alternate ending if it does completely materialized.
    So singularity is not exactly a point, but more of a circle being the point of origin?

To your edit, well yes, but actually no. The ultimate sword itself is defensive in nature, meaning it shall grant victory to the user, but the everyone else dies, except the universe which summons it. If you remember, the sword will cancel itself out once accomplishing victory, since it is a paradoxical weapon. Nullifies or negates anything supernatural yet itself is supernatural, but this depends on whether the form is complete or not. Incomplete = no black hole; complete = a singular universe that exists in a black hole.
    Magic, I know... it sounds bullshit, but magic. I was corrected by the post above, but the black hole will appear outside the materialization.
    Join us, perhaps you might help.
    What's the fictional term for singularity? Most fictions I've read so far, refer singularity as singularity.
    1. I'm basing the sword on a specific jewel from ancient times. It's properties warded off illness and magic.
    2. There is a multiverse (or infinity), and summoning the complete sword would render the multiverse to a universe.
    3. The original idea was having energy in the form of light condensed into a matter most light (in weight for the user) yet most dense (for everything else) to the point it's very presence tears the dimension apart.

13. deanadiktus

deanadiktus day-night reversal

Reading List:
    Link
    Too powerful that it f***ed up itself

14. Kracko

Kracko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that a singularity is the unique exception to a rule.

Also, that sword is inside the boundaries of conceptual weapons, so a void shield of attack nature that invoques the posibility of being nothing instead of being something, is a reasonable weapon that can and will be created in response of the everything sword. After all you can't attack with something that doesn't exist.

15. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Why not? The ultimate sword is both the immovable object and unstoppable force. A paradoxical weapon that should not exist, but by plot, a side character made it so, which made the protagonist able to use it.
    2. The ultimate sword is not originally a sword, but it was visualized a sword, and materialized into one by the character. The essence of the ultimate sword is basically an overly condense cluster of universes materialized in the last remaining universe. The ultimate sword was made from the breaking of boundaries and fusing it with something material in a universe through arcane.
    3. Infinity will negate itself, but plus one, meaning the user's universe is the plus one. Hence, everything becomes nonexistent except the universe where the ultimate sword was completely materialized. Multiverse to universe.
    Exactly, and the whole plot is not the summon it. Hahahaha!
    Indeed, something like that.

It does not work like that. It's not matter of whether something exists or not, but rather the whole concept is invincibility. Once the ultimate sword is completely materialized, anything that leads to loss of invincibility will be negated, and having nothing will do nothing as a whole to the ultimate sword's function.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  16. PotatoZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Still weird, why would an existence on the scale of multiverse have an extra feature that has nothing to do with it's background,
    And that's a limitation why? What implications does that have
    Well, at least that one has some background from GR's Frame Dragging.. if we handwave how it feels to the user to magic...

17. Kracko

Kracko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you speak of invencibility do you mean the unbreakable type or the non-ban type?

If you just use Invincible without explaination, it just feels empty.

18. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Well, because background story, and I needed something iconic to make it look awesome. It just happens that this particular stone fits so damn well with my idea, I used it as the form and effect of the ultimate sword.
      Diamond
    2. Incomplete sword is enough to defeat supernatural enemies, but completes sword is overkill, because the summoning it would mean completely making everything linear. There will be no more IF or alternate scenarios, and everything will be ultimately destroyed in the end of time. Why? Using the complete sword removes duality, the whole concept of 2 becomes 1. So if there was hope or despair in that last world, then there is only despair, because there will be no hope. Something becomes nothing. No vise versa anymore.
    3. ?
    By invincible, I mean the literal definition but used to it's extreme. The user will never be defeated by anything that is deems as a loss.
    Summoning the incomplete sword will grant the user immunity to magic and illness except death. Summoning the complete sword will grant the same effects but in a larger scale, making anything 2 to 1. By 2 to 1, I mean if there was chance, there will be no more chance, but guarantee instead, since everything becomes predetermined.

19. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wtf am I reading? I literally do not understand what you have written. Is this some kind of query? Are you positing a theory? Is this some kind of setting for a story you have in your head?

Literally, wtf is this?

20. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    feels like CN fanciness without substance