Spoiler A divorced evil lady bakes cake

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    이혼한 악녀는 케이크를 굽는다
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-divorced-evil-lady-bakes-cakes/
    Raw Link:https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=54157890
    Summary:
    I had been in the position of Duchess for nine years for my quiet and indifferent husband, but all I had left was contempt and indifference, and the only thing I was accused of having a love affair:

– Now it’s a limit to endure this marriage. No matter how you cry and beat the Emperor, I can’t stand it anymore.

—If. Yes. Can I sign here?

– So if you pretend to be poor like last time, this time … What?

I waved divorce papers on an indifferent day.

– I’m done. Can I go now?

– Oh, you don’t have to talk about alimony, dowry, just give me back my dowry.

– What are you gonna do with that little money?

My husband, who had not cared what he had done for the past nine years, asked me a question in his voice.

I laughed confidently and answered: – I’m going to open a dessert cafe.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    ikykwhiii and Guide1410 like this.
  3. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is not the ex husband! The ML is Calix. He had a long unrequited love to FL when he was young but she was going to get married with Raymond(the ex husband)...

4. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    comfort to my ears

5. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Somewhat Better Introduction And Cast Of Characters
    Erin : The Duchess MC and a marquess in her own right. Her family was on the verge bankruptcy prior to the start of the story. Her father was the last in line to inherit the title. She married the Duke to save her family

Raymond : The Duke aka Ex Husband. He's forced into marrying Erin by the emperor. Unable to do anything about it he vents his anger on her. He has a mistress while never consummating the marriage with Erin.

Erin's Father: Originally a poor knight, became a knight commander after inheriting the marquis title. In order to get Erin out of the marriage he fought bravely to gain military honors, unfortunately died in the process

Erin's Mother: Daughter of an immigrant baker, she is where Erin gets her cooking ability from. The death of her husband drove her to death.

Mrs. Brennan/Blennon??: Head maid of the palace active enemy of Erin during her marriage. Fired by Erin on the day of her divorce. Step mother of Serena has all her hopes riding on Serena's ascension

Calix: Raymond's adopted brother , possible ML doesn't like Serena or Raymond

Einz: Erin's Childhood friend. The correspondent in the accusation of her affair, both he and Erin were covering up the fact he had been infected with devils poison

Melly: Erin's loyal maid and first employee of her coffee shop

Serena: The mistress

Setup:
    Erin's family is fallen marquis, they are left with nothing but the title, a mortgaged mansion and a mountain of debt.

As the family is to be sold into slavery, Erin is informed that the emperor would like her to marry his grandson the Duke. This is done to put a leash on the duke and prevent him from trying to take the throne.

After 9 years Erin is framed for having an affair. The Duke moves behind the emperor's back and gets a divorce. Erin is more than happy to to get out.

As a note she holds the seal of the empress entrusted to her by the emperor not the duke, so she uses it to fire Mrs. Brennan who had been scheming against her. Mrs Brennan vows revenge in a way that would do a Xanxia character proud

Took me a little bit but I finally realized what's a big enjoyment for me in this novel.

It;s not Milady wants to rest (Rhonya), Lady Rose wants to be a commoner, The plain old me is no more, or any of their knockoffs. The MC doesn't give up her title or position,

SHE JUST DITCHES THE JACKASS AT THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY

She still has her title and connections, and she makes damn good use of them faceslap anyone that wants to give her guff due to her predicament.

Ex
    Around CH 10 Mrs Brennan who was the palace head maid and Erin;s nemesis hears about Erin's cafe plans, and it's implied contacts a merchant friend to lock her out of buying coffee (the friend has a monopoly). Erin takes the garbage beans she was sold and the receipt and makes them a gift to the emperor with the threat that he will lose his monopoly. After he caves, she extorts damages out of him.

THAT'S HOW YOU RUN A BUSINESS!!!
    THAT;S HOW YOU NEGOTIATE !!!
    I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but anyone who has ever had to deal with business problems with "connected"(shipping, garbage, alcohol supplier, linen laundry) suppliers can recognize this.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  6. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does one have spoiler on the ex husband n his ending ? Does he regret his action n such?

7. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    One review said that FL’s veins was special and the things she touched could change.(that reminds me of that anime called Yakitate!! Japan..). Like hungry spirits eats her bread and strengthens, and those suffering from poison eats her bread and they get better.

The princes who succeeded the emperor had a secret, that they had been married for generations to generations with the blood vessel of FL(probably because FL is an Erdan, a minority group, and her mother was part of that group), which is a constitution that neutralizes the magical power. The ex husband, Raymond didnt know about that(9 years) so his magical power was weak.

8. vdv027

vdv027 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers for when the ex-hubby regret divorcing FL?

9. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    Rest assured! the MC didn’t really love the ex-husband :blobhero:
    this looks like a cute story pls spoil me:aww::cookie: I’m really glad the ML isn’t the trash ex-husband :blobpopcorn:
    so this is what happened so far
    Erin’s father was a poor knight and her mother was a commoner baker, her cousin was a marquis and there were some other relatives I think. but when her cousin died her father inherited the marquis title. but the only land her father received was a mansion and the late marquis was in heavy debts. so they naturally had to pay off that debt, they were even poorer than before. so Erin became the young miss of the house and whoever married Erin would inherit the marquis title and if she marries a rich person they can get out of their debts. even though they were poor there were many nobles after the title of marquis so there was some proposals. but Erin’s family doesn’t want to sell her off because of their debts. and because of their poor state Erin can’t really go to any social activities and other events like other nobles. suddenly one day a servant of the imperial family comes and says that she got a proposal to be the duke’s bride. the duke, Raymond is a dead prince’s son so he has the duke title and he’s very successful, and their excuse for the proposal was that he noticed her on a social event that all nobles could attend (because she’s poor she doesn’t really attend these events, but this one was for all of the nobles) and that her late grandfather was a loyal aid to the emperor and other excuses. so she immediately agrees, to help her family. so they have some meetings with the duke and he seems like a nice person, but on the first night on their wedding he just shows his true side (Note: he didn’t touch her don’t worry) and her just leaves the room. so apparently he had a lover and there were rumors that he’s gonna marry her and make her empress when he succeeds the throne so the emperor finds a poor fallen noble house and forces him into this marriage. and that son of bxxxx just brings his mistress to the mansion and buys her a count’s daughter status and doesn’t even try to hide his lover. Erin didn’t love him but before the marriage she thought that maybe she and her family could be happy, but it was just hopeless dreams. so for nine years she tries her best and studies etiquette and other things a empress has to do, she doesn’t spend money, she never used her status, she never did any other things even thought she was the duke’s wife, one of the most powerful titles. and she wasn’t on a position to ask for divorce first because she was helping her family. so her family wants her happiness but her father dies on battlefield and after that her mother dies from an illness. then finally after nine years of marriage he asks for divorce. But Erin isn’t that sad or anything. she always had a dream to open a bakery shop but she put it behind because of her family and the duke. but now she wanted to open a bakery with her dowry money. and just to be clear Raymond never touched her, they slept on different rooms, he already had a lover and he was indifferent to her, and he was trash. and Erin wasn’t a bad person and the duke and his mistress were the ones spreading rumors that she’s evil and that she’s having a affair.
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    The duke is such a axxhole he openly has affair and doesn’t try to hide his lover and he’s such a duchebag, I really hope he regrets it and gets crushed :blob_thor:

10. zenslover

zenslover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please huhuu
    I love manhwa with food also ikemen and bishie

tisifone21 and By.Eve like this.
  11. Niaosaf

Niaosaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wah what a perfect sh*t couple... but I reliaf at least she doesn't received any harrasement I mean like a b*tch husband who slap her wife or smth like that

12. 7619.abc

7619.abc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also sooo curious about how her ex-husband will end like but what about the male lead?Is there any information about him?I need to know his name job and a bit about his personality spoil pls

13. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    Also Einz never got to confess to the FL at the end, but Calix became the emperor and they got married. At the same time, the shop seems to be successful... and the ex husband will regret..

14. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did Calix become the emperor and what was the reaction of the ex-husband to this? did the ex-husband marry the mistress?

Minaeli, DOHere, Elisee and 14 others like this.
  15. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks god that mofo didn’t become the emperor
    can we get more spoilers on how and when they meet and fall in love? pls spoil me:aww::blobpeek::blobalert:

16. sinnerman

sinnerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we get more spoilers please? The translator appears to have dropped the book. It is no longer up on Wattpad.

17. Cessavania

Cessavania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel was refreshing! I really hate that jerk ex husband of hers. And when he says in his pov that he admits that mc is a good person and is quite cute on their first meeting . I thought “dont tell me-“ but suddenly calix came. Thank goodness the real ML has finally show up!! Lol lol i was rooting for both of em! Mc should bake a cake for his exhubby then slap it on his face! Atleast give her a good elrevenge lol

18. Cessavania

Cessavania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also can anyone please spoil us the fluffy moments of the mc and ml? Thanks! And who was the person mc says that the first and last time she cook on the castle ‘he’ was there? Was it the ml? *Squeal

Minaeli, tisifone21 and Nikibunny like this.
  19. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Why/ how will the ex-husband regret? And despite his fuck-boi attitude as a husband, he is great at uh authority and other stuff. Why would the current emperor sideline him and prefer Calix?

20. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it’s not dropped u can find the link in novel updates 14 chapters are currently translated

Ceilo27 and Laerta like this.