A Glitch?

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by cap.toon, Jan 5, 2020.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personal story. Not fiction, although it may sound like it.

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.” - Mark Twain

"Tis strange - but true; for truth is always strange;
    Stranger than fiction" - Lord Byron

It was a warm afternoon when I left my previous workplace and drove to the next town for my job interview. I was unfamiliar with this part of town and had the GPS on just in case I missed my turn. I drove off the highway ramp and stopped at a four way stop signs, turned right and proceeded at 35 mph. As I approached the curve portion of the road, my attention caught on to a big sign reading $2 and something cents per gallon. I was quite stunned seeing a pretty worn down gas station with the logo V in a pale turquoise circle, beside some bushy and messy trees. “A Valero gas station?” I asked myself, but everything around here were just housing and apartments. Passing it, I briefly took notice of two run down gasoline slots; and I think, but my memory is very faint that there was also a black truck parked at one of the slots which was why I assumed the gas station was still in business. I thought it was odd, but hey--it’s low price for gas. I intended to come back after my interview, but entirely forgot when I drove back. Strangely, I didn’t notice until I was long out of town. I pushed this to the back of my mind and decided I’ll check it out when I come by again.

A few months later, a job interview was scheduled at the same location. I headed to the next town, planning to stop afterward at that gas station. I drove off the same ramp, made the same stop, and headed down the same road, but the gas station wasn’t there. I couldn’t see it and thought to myself, I’ll figure it out afterward--maybe I miss it. Proceeding on, the sidewalk was green and well tended and there were a few trees neatly aligned after the curved portion of the road. The road had a good mix of housing and apartment complex, although some areas had more trees than other.

I stopped at the traffic intersection where two gas stations were located, right before the building I was to check-in for my job interview. One of the two gas stations was Valero with a bright blue blue backing. After my interview, I drove back looking for that gas station but I couldn’t find it.

A few months later, the job was offered and I accepted. I drove through this road everyday, but I couldn’t see the gas station or make heads or tails of where it should be. I tried to explain to myself that maybe they tore it down and build apartments or clear it and planted on top. However, there weren’t any empty area with grasses and an apartment can’t be built in just a few short months, can it?

I don’t know. I saw something and returned to find my memory didn’t match up in a few short months.

2. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    [This area is currently under reconstruction. Skip to (■●■○)]

Ps: try ask the nearby residents. You probably got lost even further than you thought using the gps the first time you went there

Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. Ylle-QinMo

Ylle-QinMo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows what really happened. Well its refreshing events. And I think we all need that. Haha right?

4. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl: I wish. But you know, there is no construction sign!!

:hmm:I could ask the residents, but I rather not go find trouble.

5. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, as long as I don't walk into another realm like transmigration novels

GonZ555 likes this.
  6. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you get the job?

7. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean some gps have bad accuracy, so maybe what you thought was the same road, was actually a different road.

If i were you and is curious about the place, i would ask a local for the nearest Valero(?) Gas station or some other excuse.. maybe a dinner place next to the gas station is your favorite or the house near the gas station is one of your acquaintance.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  8. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is, it is the right road. How did I know? It’s a small town and I often used the word ahead of it. I’m familiar with that highway ramp too so it can’t be the wrong road. I really can’t be wrong because that road also lead to a highway ramp ( people can’t only go out).

I haven't thought about asking my acquaintances. For sure if I find the right moment, I’ll ask.

GonZ555 likes this.
  9. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the initial one, but the later one.

GonZ555 and Femme Fatale like this.
  10. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome, congrats. \o/

GonZ555 likes this.
  11. Ylle-QinMo

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't you want to try that?

You know, you shouldn't type nor put your mind's dislike in a comment, some deity might make a playful prank and transport you somewhere. HAHA:LOL::whistle::giggle:

12. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry. Probably not gonna happen. If it does, I just won't be back to tell you all.

13. Ylle-QinMo

Reading List:
    Link
    Mochiron, you will not. But if you have free(as in, alot of it) please try to message here, well, trying to be OP. hehe