Discussion A little scenario

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Bad Storm, May 6, 2021.

?

Do you want to recover your memories if you ever lose them even if they are painful?

1. Yes, I think they are important

57.9%
  2. No, living in the present is fine as is

26.3%
  3. Other response *comments*

26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    You lost your memory, about 5 years worth. Last thing you remember, you're still in college, nearly graduating with a very bright future ahead. So to you, it felt like you woke up 5 years in the future and somehow this future is very very different from your last memory. How is it different?

One, you used to have a boyfriend/girlfriend and your relations was going strong but 5 years later you're married to a different man with you have a 4 year old kid and you also find out that your ex-boyfriend is now with your step-sister. Two, apparently you don't like your current husband and your child, even hurt the physically as well, but they still love you very much and wanted you to accept them.

As an amnesiac, how would this scenario feel to you? Would you like to recover your memories knowing they were bad because that's how people tell it to you? Would you accept your current life? How would you approach it?

(p.s. this scenario is actually from a novel called She become sweet and cuddly)

Lucila, Nefasdetestasti and KhayDesu like this.
  2. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    HELL NO DESU~!!! As someone who wants to be financially secure and travel the world first, marrying and having kids in my early 20s is a nightmare DESU~~!!!

Well yeah i would be curious as to why i even made those decisions in the first place and to help me better deal with the situation

3. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're just going to abandon your 4 year old child because you don't remember him???

4. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    ofcourse not, im not an ass i'll take responsibility for the crap i did whether or not i remember the kid

5. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the "HELL NO DESU~!!!" was so palpable, I had to ask hahaha

babybb and UndyingSLIME10295 like this.
  6. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol ofcourse~ thats a given reaction desu~~~! anyone would react in a similar way, especially in a scenario as such weird as getting amnesia for 5 years and waking up having kids and a husband/wife

7. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I think my first reaction would be disbelief but an immediate denial would be too much. I'm afraid of how the denial would affect the kid whether what they said was true or not. There will be time to check the facts...

UndyingSLIME10295 likes this.
  8. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would choose not to get my five years of memories back, because what's done is done. Even if I get my memories back, it's not like I would be able to change the past or something. Also, those memories could be more than just a bad influence on my already fragile that is about to break from the confusion of the fact that I forgot how I got older...

KhayDesu and Bad Storm like this.
  9. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    off topic

I remember a certain post/ story about a dude getting hit by a ball in his head and losing unconciousness for a few seconds and in those few seconds he entered a dreamlike state that lasted for 10 years, he graduated from college, had a job, married had kids a perfectly normal life (in the dreamworld) one day that man noticed something weird while staring at a lamp he was so weirded out that he stared at it for days on end garnering him the anger of his wife, leaving him in the process, after staring at the lamp for such a long time he woke up from that dreamlike state which in the real world lasted for only a few seconds. I heard he suffered in depression for 3 years after that incident.

Though I am not sure if it was real or not

UndyingSLIME10295 likes this.
  10. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, same. I don't know how it could affect me. Maybe I forgot them for a reason, sometimes our own brain deals with trauma in extreme ways. But I think recovering them slowly is fine as well. Bite-sized memories.

Where did you find that story? It sounds interesting. It's like about a certain cn idiom about a man who fell asleep one day and dreamed that he was a butterfly. When he woke up, he did not know whether he really was a man who had dreamed he was a butterfly or whether he was a butterfly now dreaming he was a man.

KhayDesu and UndyingSLIME10295 like this.
  11. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the understanding of myself, my amnesiac self will likely find a way to get his old memories back as soon as possible... otherwise, my amnesiac self would dive into a deep sea of depression and paranoia.

otaku31 likes this.
  12. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, this is somewhat interesting..

13. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, when did I turn gay? Second? Did I become a woman through some magic and gave birth to a 4 year old? Finally, what financial situation I am now?

If all of that is answered, I can guess that I might had been possessed by my female persona, turned me into a woman, make out with a guy and had a kid, which promply woke me up from a coma with no memory and all of that can be explain through my logical thought.

As for my current situation, I would first turn back into a guy or if I fail, would decide to live as a woman and a mother, take care of my child, a bit distant to my husband(since I am a former dude) and maybe bond with him later and fall in love and become a normal family in the end?

When in every situation, you must always adapt to your surroundings, panic will always be useless and try to find the best senario in every situation.

KhayDesu likes this.
  14. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't force memories back tho. I remember how I always feel ridiculous everytime an amnesiac novel character regains his/her memories by another head trauma...

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  15. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    None of that scenario is related to my life at all.

What’s a bright future? Can you eat it?—Person who graduated during the Recession.

Yeah, I think I’d want my memories back. I mean, they’re part of what makes me me. Besides, without them I’d be too freaked out about why I suddenly have a husband and a kid. But I can’t imagine a me who’s physically abusive, so I’d probably also be terrified of getting the memories back. I think the most likely scenario is that I’d run away. Or at least badly want to.

16. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    i forgot all the other details on where i found that story, though i know it was from a famous platform Arghh i don't remember desu~! :notlikeblob:

17. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    You could have adapted and changed the pronouns as it suits you... I find it strange that you took everything so literally.
    That's the strange thing about memories and personality. You may feel like you won't do something like that but one day in the far future, you discovered that you can actually do the unthinkable, whether or not they are positive.

It's fine haha. Just thought it was interesting so I wondered whether it was a real life thingy or not

18. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    My amnesiac self would die trying.

otaku31 and Bad Storm like this.
  19. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Your amnesiac self must be really desperate

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  20. KhayDesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, its always sounds ambigous and unrealistic whenever that happens, things like regaining your memories after you get Amnesia can go back without warning or probably never, not like those novels who regain their memories by some cliché moment