Feature Request A long shot request

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Rajikai, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Rajikai

Rajikai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was think that it would be interesting to make an English version of ncode.syosetu.com. Honestly, I do not know how it work or what it is since it's Japanese, but I assume it's an online story sharing site.

I was thinking it would be nice if it could be implemented with a twitch type of style. Basically people supporting the stories they like, and also implementing a way to avoid charging for faster/next chapter. Now I might be getting ahead of myself.

If people want, they are free to dual host like how pirateyoshi does with moonbunnycafe. I just believe it would be nice to have a central hub to discover new web/light novels (let it be foreign or local).

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    do you mean something like original english novel hosting?
    @Tony have plan to make similar web for NU that solely focus on Original one

3. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    He did?

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    uh huh in announcement or something thread he said it have similar thing I read it on thread or was it on @Parth37955 rant about original novel

ABMAINA likes this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Rajikai

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, I do mean hosting. I did in fact see that NovelUpdates was planning on adding originals into their update directory, that would be nice.

7. Daily

Daily 日々いちゃつく

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, Shousetsuka(syosetu) actually doesn't hold any rights to the novels they're publishing. They're just a platform the authors can use to publish their novel. So believe it or not, they actually don't have any capacity to negotiate about any kinds of deals regarding the novel. The closest you'll get would be talking to authors. But then again, if the novels have been published, the authors won't have the full rights (or publishing rights) to their novel and they'll tell you to talk to their publishers. And knowing some of the publishers, they'll most likely decline, unless a considerable amount of money goes to them.

EDIT: I meant, considering Novel Updates is a site for translation feeds... I assumed it was about translating. >.>

8. Rajikai

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be misunderstanding this, but if feels like your rebuking me. It could be your simply informing me since I mentioned I did not know how it works, but as I stated, I understood it was merely an online story sharing site. I never implied, or at least I didn't mean to, that they get any type of rights, or have anything related to publisher. I just thought it would be nice to have an English version of it. I included twitch as an addition to the suggestion to show a possibility of supporting the authors, but it most likely won't be needed since authors are wild about sharing their stories.

And I feel like expanding is always a plus. For example, it does show in the to do updates that they are planning on implementing for feeds for original novels as well. So it's not such a stretch to add a hosting service for it as well.

9. hawkenss

hawkenss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this exists already doesn't it? There's royalroadl.com (Although it's a ton of shitty stories.) and then there's a ton of others like wattpad, quotev and fictionpress etc etc. There's not really a central one, but I doubt you'll be able to create that so easily.

10. Daily

Daily 日々いちゃつく

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the way I said it gives that vibe, sorry about that. I didn't expect that you'd be referring to original novels, since that has been asked in this sub-forum a bunch of times already, so I just assumed you were already aware of that. And I guess Tony did not really explicitly announce it either and just mentioned it in passing, so people except those who read that thread aren't actually aware about that plan. In fact, I wouldn't even know about it if not for Parth mentioning it to me.

My whole argument was actually based on your first sentence, "I was think that it would be interesting to make an English version of ncode.syosetu.com", so I just assumed you were asking for a literal english version of Shousetsuka. Which would have a lot of implications. lol

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Rajikai

Reading List:
    Link
    ^_^ It could easily be misunderstood, don't feel bad about it. I do that quite often. I try to validate stuff before wasting other's time, so I browsed the forums and noticed those two things you pointed out (There is a sub forums for Original Novels, and the TO DO List). The reason I mentioned ncode.syosetu was to give a general idea. Having everything in a sub forum makes it a bit cluttered, as well as hidden for people who dislike forums. So by mentioned ncode, it give a general idea of implementing a similar style. Of course it's quite the work to do so, thus the title of the thread.

I heard about aho, but not so much the other one. I'll take a look, thank you.

13. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait.

So pretty much wattpad? Or RRL?

14. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have any idea what you're talking about. NU will never host novels of any kind. If you were talking about the idea of making a site that did that, then it doesn't belong here.

15. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there's some misunderstanding. Tony doesn't plan on hosting original novels (as far as I know). He would just be planning on allowing an original novel release feed, much like aho-updates or wlnupdates.

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    similar to NU but for ori what I mean is directory~