Request A lost Doraemon masterpiece

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Ai chan, Nov 9, 2015.

Tags:
?

Have you read this before?

1. Yes, I've read it before

36.1%
  2. No, never read it

66.7%
  3. I still have it and willing to sell it

2.8%
  4. I still have it and not going to sell it

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    This was not the official ending, though. You can read it here https://anneliciouss.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/doraemon-final-episode-english-version/

I looked at Daichohen Doraemon too at mangahere, but I confirmed that it didn't exist. Similarly, Nobita's Journey To The West manga title doesn't appear to exist either despite how that title was one of my favourite Doraemon manga. There is an official anime for Nobita's Journey To The West, though, using the same front cover as the manga. Yea, I believe the two comics were better than some of the originals.

The ending where Nobita dreamed everything was one of the three proposed ending.

The other ending was where Doraemon hit his head on a rock and reduced to a vegetative state. By that, I mean coma, but only the one with the link above was ever drawn.

CDLevit likes this.
  2. chloroform

chloroform Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm...... i think there is another series but idk what it is. i suspect maybe manga version of doraemon's movies....... idk. love the journey to the west too. seriously, i think i had that too but i don't where i put or lost it........

3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark story? Well, let me enlightened you about some hearsay, that I'm not sure is true or not. It was all Nobita's dream as he's a sick boy dreaming of a life that he could have in a hospital where he is confined because of his illness. It ended with him dead (I think?), I can't remember most of it, but it ended with a happy angst. There was a riot that made them change this ending to a happier one. That's one of the hearsay I heard when I was searching for this long-lost masterpiece.

Not to say the volumes that OP searching is dark, but it was almost tagged with 'Tragedy'. To talk more about it will be spoiling it...so ;)

CDLevit and aridharma like this.
  4. aridharma

aridharma Hikikomori NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    thank for clarifying it

5. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    TxT... I know...
    There was also a riot y'know...
    It has been official since a long time, so long that people has been making one last chapter on themselves (fanfiction for good)
    That's what I also said...
    It was a fake (rather fanfiction), but it was for good.

aridharma likes this.
  6. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    The only Doraemon's ongoing series are the side stories (The Doraemonz) from Indonesia. With El Matadora, Wang Dora, Doranikov, Dora the Kid, Doramed the Third and Dorarinyo.

7. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    At least, so far I know.

canaria23 likes this.
  8. mangkukmee

mangkukmee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,

Sorry for reviving a necro thread, but after a long search I've finally found the missing two Doraemon titles that OP was looking for (Novita dan Dunia Ajaib and Perjalanan Mencari Cahaya). Both of them are online, PM me if you want to know the link as I'm unable to post any link content since I'm new here.

But, it is in Chinese. Now, if only somebody is willing to translate it to Malay/English.....

1amdude, CDLevit, asriu and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome! Thanks a lot. I've been looking for those. Do you happen to know if I can find the other missing pieces too? Such as Journey to the West?

Mods please don't lock this. I've been looking for those without success. And there are still several other titles missing.

CDLevit likes this.
  10. mangkukmee

mangkukmee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure. I've only found those two titles online. Maybe you can try to find it in the website link that I gave you.

Ai chan likes this.
  11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    adventure series(Doraemon Seri Petualangan)~
    hmm on Indonesia if I remember correctly adventure series come first then after vol 15 come the mini series(the one which become anime series)~ then it reprinted
    still I guess the order may different
    well cuz our language pretty close you can try use http://www.harisfirmansyah.com/2016/10/25-komik-doraemon-petualangan.html as reference

if you interested try search on gramedia doraemon seri petualangan and it's number using that web as reference btw journey to the west is number 9
    and to this day my favorite is number 15~

12. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the link.

It seems like this guy also read the fanfictions as well. I can see why some publishers choose the fanfictions over the official ones, since several of the official ones are boring. Journey to the West is apparently one of the fanfictions, though there is an anime for Doraemon's Journey to the West. Makes me think that the 'fanfiction' mangas were probably really Fujio F. Fujiko's work but was removed by either his publishers or students. A lot of the Daichohen Doraemon of which Fujio F. Fujiko (Fujimoto) was credited for was actually made by his students, especially the later parts of the series.

I personally believe that Abiko (Fujiko Fujio A) took over for some of the titles, as you can see that the 'fanfiction' titles all has darker humour than the usual Fujio F Fujiko works. For example, in Journey to the West, due to Nobita's carelessness, the demon king got out of the game and their world turn into demon world where eating humans would be the norm. In the fairies books, it punishes idealism and alludes to death and reincarnation.

Unfortunately, gramedia only sell the official ones.

doroppu likes this.
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    there is exist some which not published by gramedia hmm less known publisher or there no publisher (illegal one) to search it you need to playing around on hmm flea market and a bit of luck~
    :cautious:I read hentai yup hentai series even the translation a bit funny on indonesian years ago ~ it's illegal or less known publisher there still some JP alphabet lel~ better probability is from comic rental which have operated more than 15 years IDK if now there still exist such thing or there such thing on malaysia~

14. matt06

matt06 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do u still got the link?

15. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I still have the link in my mail somewhere. It's in chinese though, do you still want it? I've also downloaded it last time, but I'll have to search for it in my hard drive.

16. matt06

matt06 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok also..hehe..

17. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, I'm in Japan right now. I'll give it to you once I'm home.

18. matt06

matt06 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oraite..thank ai chan :)

19. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Memememe I want it too I want it too...

I've been searching for it, even in second hand bookstores :cry:

Ai chan likes this.
  20. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    You fine with it being in Chinese then? Can you read Chinese?

LaDyViL likes this.