Discussion A Martial Odyssey

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Dr.Maniac, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Maniac

Dr.Maniac I am Death.

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell me the good,the bad,the ugly and the truth.
    I don't mind spoilers but it shouldn't be anythin major for example character deaths unless its a minor char.

2. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    From the dropped thread:
    You can at least try it. It's not that bad and you might enjoy it. You will get a fairly decent feel for how the book plays out after not very long so it's pretty easy to get a good picture of how the book will play out.

3. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    It turned from an ok premise to a generic harem. Actually, generic is being nice. Dude gets flocks of girls coming at him from all sides. There is literally no other couple in the story cause he stole all the girls. It dissolved into a story where I assumed every girl introduced would be part of his harem, and I was basically right.

Then the harem turns into an odd reincarnation thing where EVERYONE in the harem plus the MC had met in another life and all that. In that one, he also had a harem but didn't do anything with it, so wooohooo...

Power level? MC just chugs all the divine pills he somehow managed to acquire so now he's basically superman. Also, in the beginning it seemed like everyone had a bit of power, but then the story goes and tells us that the people in the beginning were the epitome of OP. It makes no sense since the writing of the story made the battles so... weak. Basically, the large scale late-dragonball z fights at the end of the first book were supposed to be the same as the early-dragonball fights in the beginning.

Villains? Most turn into attempted rapists in order to make them get hated by the women the MC takes. Like, seriously. This one genius dude had a crush on a girl but she was rather hesitant. So he decided to try and rape her, only to have her rescued by MC and his posse. The attempted rape came out of nowhere and I even liked the genius dude before the author decided that fate.

Basically, it turns into a badly written story with shallow characters, overreaching plot, too much backstory to explain why the harem happened and an odd power scale writing style.

Aicila likes this.
  4. Dr.Maniac

Dr.Maniac I am Death.

Reading List:
    Link
    So its pretty bad?

5. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Understatement. Worst waste of time in my life. I gained nothing from reading it. There was nothing that made it worth reading. I dislike MGA, but I have to admit the OP scenes were good. I dislike ATG, but the revenge scenes and fight scenes were good. I dislike some other fictions, but they all have their good parts.

Martial Odyssey was a complete waste of time.

6. Dr.Maniac

Dr.Maniac I am Death.

Reading List:
    Link
    On ward to watch d-grayman den.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.