Recommendations A MC that remembers that he was human and still is human

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by seojustin, Aug 13, 2020.

1. seojustin

seojustin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading Lord of the Mysteries, I came to realize that the main character cuttlefish wrote had something that most other Chinese novel MCs lacked, humanity. Throughout the series, no matter how inhuman physically Klein became and no matter how powerful he became, he held on the one sole fact that he was human and still is a human. He doesn't believe that he is above humanity and act accordingly. He is not saint, but his morals are that of a normal person. Most other Chinese novels in which there is a power system have it so that the mc becomes more than human as he or she grows in power. They stop being "human" and act more like "gods" despite the fact that they were once human. They cease seeing normal humans as nothing more than ants. So what I am looking for is a Wuxia, Xania, etc where the MC is like Klein, someone who still holds on his or her humanity despite all the power he or she has gathered and who is at their core, human.

Ruyi and melomarl like this.
  2. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Except continue being human is unrealistic, power absolutely corrupts,that why super heroes,the traditional one are made fun off,and series like the boys are beloved,it is human nature to deveope. Form of arrogance from A form of superiority,that's why there is the saying the only good politician is a dead politician.

5. Korose

Korose Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you do know that ALL novels mcs have "humaniy"
    just because they don't act according to virtues and more like sins doesn't make them less human
    power warps and when many people rever you it also warps you
    why should people so far above normal people have a normal persons morals? they will be eaten because those "normal" peoples morals are naive

6. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    you have reach a level of enlightenment i cannot reach. also most stories i read the mc is doesn't believe in gods or their faith is questionable. they have one view point of the world and think everyone should think like that. i can't tell if you are enlighten or don't know what a human is.

7. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be.a fake cultivator,

8. Bias

Bias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you still have human conscience in cultivation world, then you are not a cultivator. As simple as that.

9. Silerus

Silerus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think this is what you're looking for, but in all of IET novels there's a huge emphasis on MC viewing all life as equal and being in conflict with the ones that treat life as ants.

10. MR.Klein

MR.Klein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would suggest Release that Witch , Trash of the Count’s Family and The Novel’s Extra but they are not exactly wuxia-type but the characters retain their humanity

11. Ello

Ello Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What even is humanity? Being compassionate? If that was so, some animals have more humanity than humans. Being kind/generous is being human just like being greedy/evil is being human. They are the same in the end.

13. asi

asi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    define human. pretty sure we're not talking about the physical parts of a human, so is what you dislike the superiority they develop after gaining a great amount of strength? or are they not compassionate enough? gotta be more specific mate, "human" is such a vague term. in the end, expecting someone to stay "human" after literally no longer being the same as other humans is unrealistic. if you one day became a cultivator, literally able to destroy a planet with a wave of your hand, or travel billions of miles with a step, would you not look upon humans as ants? even if you try not to, it's inevitable to not realize that they are literally ants to you. an accidental wave of your hand could kill them all, if they're not ants what are they? power corrupts.

if the mc doesn't get rid of their "humanity", then the novel would be boring, they'd be just like every other normal human. it'd actually be really frustrating because they'd still have their "humanity" while everyone else surrounding the mc will have let go of those useless emotions, and the mc would become a pathetic naive kid in their eyes. and in the readers eyes as well.

anyway, as for recommendations:
    Release that Witch
    Almighty Leveling System

14. Deleted member 267874

Deleted member 267874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite a good title you got there:LOL::p

15. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, in cultivator world 90% high cultivator will never see "human" as human. Why?
    - cultivator is chinesse novel. And in chinesse novel very normal mc use blackmail, use inhuman method to face oppenent, see people as animal even ants.
    - cultivator have community. Each comunity have high bound, and will see other community bellow them as trash
    - in cultivator world, people will turn of their logic when face other cultivator. They will fight other cultivator even without reason. See other cultivator as threat and will use all method to eliminate them. For cultivator morality is trash, power is absolute goal.

But i know novel that have good mc, and still see human as human. Even she will defend human from corupt cultivator even corupt religion kingdoms
    - Stunning Edge
    Mc is cultivator and Reincarnator. First arc, she already can rival her sister (genius student), later surpass pope. From this point her power already inhuman, maybe demi goddes level. She is importnant support for dark kingdom/nation rivalling holly based religion kingdoms, so she still human just she stand opposite to holly religion kingdoms, maybe we can call her dark saint

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  16. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't agree. Although his MC are not outright evil but they kill enough and you can say that except for evil like refining human for cultivation they are almost on borderline in most of cases.

17. Silerus

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord Xue Ying, Seeking the Flying Sword Path and Archean Eon Art . Whole novels revolve arould trying to help and save normal humans. How are they borderline evil?

Edit1: Though I admit that some of them definitely went too far or did some evil deeds like the MC of Coiling Dragon and Swallowed Star.
    I can't really remember the way that MC of Desolate Era and Stellar Transformation acted.
    Also, I didn't read The Nine Cauldrons and Inch of Radiance.

Edit2: Spelling

18. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In LOM, Klien doesn't have skewed view of humanity as he came fron earth and have retained earthly humanity.
    Most of cultivation novels have either world's native morality and the ones who reincarnated/transmigrated have their morality quickly turned upside down.
    I have not completely read his recent novels like LXY, SFSP, AEA but read first 100s chapters of LXY and SFSP- Just because setting is like Demons vs Humans doesn't mean their morality is not skewed based on above reason.
    Of all IET novels best one with morality is probably TNC MC since he reincarnated from earth and Power levels of that world are not over the top.
    then It will be CD(Simple world building) and ST MC's(he just cooped up in tower).
    So compare to Klien they are worlds apart(literally as well):blobwink::blobwink::blobsmirk:

19. paramime

paramime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Silerus

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yes, they have a different way of thinking than MC reincarnated from Earth, but that doesn't mean it has to be bad.
    I didn't in any way compare the MC from LOTM with IET MCs, I just pointed out that IET MCs mostly retain their humanity and strive to protect humans and other races that aren't able to do it for themselfs.

We simply have different definitions of humanity in this topic. For you, from what I understand, it's the Earth view of humanity. For me, any MC that dedicates his life to protecting the weak, basically just being very kind, should be listed as an MC that has retained their humanity.

I still think that IET novels are good for this topic, given that the author of it asked for this
    And the exact type of opponents in IET novels are the ones that think they are mighty gods and treat people as ants.