Discussion A novel that you dropped, and why

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lachiel, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Are spoilers so bad? Isn't he gonna become a God n have a wife that isn't relevant to the story and that's it? But don't tell me XD

2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    that spoiler ive redt are like a detailed summeries of what will happened.. and its not just 1 or 2 page..

3. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    oh same thing for me with LMS, Devil must've wrote those

4. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    frfr dont't go around breaking young girls hearts jk I like some of those you dropped

5. Sproutling

Sproutling We are the Sproutlings

Reading List:
    Link
    PMG - trash, trash, trash really a trash novel, mc is hypocrite.
    MGA - Too repetitive, it's I kill you, you kill me scenario.
    CCM - the MC, ahh I can't describe it. But really dislike the mc.
    Ark the legend - I hate SCi-fi setting, though I finished ark series.
    The man picked up by gods - boring. No plot development, only a daily life of mc.
    ZL - forgot why I dropped it, I find it a hassle to read it again.
    ISSTH - I don't like when he begin creating his place in black lands. Maybe in future I will read it again.

6. frfr

frfr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like some of those as well, i'm just picky about lack of character development and lazy\bad writing.

7. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhan Long is the only novel I have dropped so far, Its mainly because the MC dies so much I know its a game and yes they can die but o m g its so lame the way he dies at least in LMS he finds decent and interesting ways to die for very good reason because its pretty much suicidal situations where he dies. Zhan Long on the other hand is 'Oh, he got gang banged by 4-10 players he dies' That is realistic but is such a plain and boring way to die in a mmorpg its like eh is this really a fight that is interesting enough for a MC of a story?

Pretty much The story does not feel interesting enough to me. On top of that when I read about the ending and skipped around the story in raws nothing really changes. Annoying female lead, boring deaths, and slightly open ending that is annoying made me drop it.

8. FAiri110

FAiri110 Your Secret Stalker

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped:
    Shen Mu: The main female character is a big M and have an unforgivable princess syndrome. yuck.
    CCM: The fact that the MC kid suddenly gotten smart, sly and calculative all of a sudden. He is not even reincarnated or have a master behind his growth! What's up with the girls there?!
    Juvenile Medical God: The MC is too arrogant from the fist chapter! I cannot past even the first chapter.
    Skyfire Avenue: I have no idea what I am reading. Too many characters to remember.

9. 12kucingputih

12kucingputih Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll drop every dense, whimpy , pussy and too much self monologue MC

10. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    ⊙﹏⊙ dropped the magi's grandson, arifureta, so many to list actually, ah right, shadow rogue, lms as well, the beginning part was good but it became repetitive, the plot...

11. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyuuketsu Hime wa Barairo no Yume o Miru I think is the only novel I've actually dropped after enjoying a part of it. 1st volume interested me, 2nd volume killed all of my interest. I started the 3rd, but then I realized that I didn't care and dropped it. It is also the only series that I specifically put on my "do not show releases" filter. Although I heard the LN version is different, so I'm curious if they fixed my problems with it.

12. Dziera

Dziera Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped too much novels and forgot which one, but most of them has been listed by you guys. But the only novels that I still read is
    I Shall Seal The Heavens (when it started to get boring and I want to drop them, suddenly author put interesting plot)
    Otherworldly Evil Monarch (maybe I like the MC)
    Ze Tian Ji (i pretend I read a real novel because the it is so slow, but the plot is okay)

May drop :
    Against The Gods (bored)
    Long Live Summons (annoying MC)
    Sheng Yin Wang Zuo
    Transcending The Nine Heavens
    Law of The Devil (bored)

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  13. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Mga-endless killing and consistent level comparison(seriously how big of a gap is spirit 7 and spirit 8, i can understand if it was like spirit 7 vs grand master spirit 20, where it makes sense that you gotta compare levels.)
    Pmg- mga 2.0 more refined but still a numbers game and a slaughterfest.
    St- i couldn't take the hawk seriously as a martial artist or as an individual
    Coiling dragon- pretty much the numbers game and it jumping the shark.

14. Argent-XII

Argent-XII [Demon King Archos] [Hero of Zarial]

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re right about slave harem its so shity that I don’t know why I read it in the first place.

15. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because many novels start slow and and may still be interesting as time goes on. Then you realized that the title was basically all there was to this one.

16. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    What would you say if the LN you're reading starts well, with it's dark setting that sounds like it might be a novel that could trump others? Pretty good, right? I agree.
    But what would you say, if the MC of that story is a crybaby? He has power that with creativity could bring forth global domination (not joking), but his obsession with pewpew (guns), makes him completely idiotic.
    What if, there was a romantic companion who loved him, but he lashed out at her because of his inferiority complex.. that crybaby bitch-faced idiot.
    What if, other people have to protect him constantly, he can't fight for himself or defend himself in an argument.
    What if, his plot armor is so strong, none of the Xianxia novels could compete with it.. I'm not kidding, reasons of his survival trump the logic more than when you ask yourself what kind of idiot would support Trump.

Wondering which novel could cause me to be filled with utter hate? So much that I want to kill the author and all it's readers?
    Kuro no fucking Maou

And let's be honest, I acted all nicely because the amount of insults I wanted to write would have probably earned me a ban, maybe, not sure. Don't wanna risk it.. but..
    FUCKING GODDAMMIT I HATE IT. KILL THE BITCH MC

17. Argent-XII

Argent-XII [Demon King Archos] [Hero of Zarial]

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re right about Kuro no Maou.I thought the MC would be a badass but he become kind of wimpy.

18. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    i read it for the harem hi jinx but was disappointed because none of them really had a personality.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  19. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a sec, is there any good harem story that describes harem members' personality? ⊙﹏⊙

moto likes this.
  20. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    death march off the top of my head.

Poor_Hero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.