Forgotten Title A novel translation I started last year and stopped after updates dragged ...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by stumblmer, Aug 30, 2020.

1. stumblmer

stumblmer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I don't have alot to go on ... I started reading it either from a novelupdates suggestion or WordPress link sometime last year and then forgot about it after updates slowed ... No recollection of author/translator or any fragment of the title nor what chapter I read up to, but not too far IIRC (sub-200) and after searching all my bookmarks I didn't seem to have saved it.

So, it was a trope of a female protagonist being reborn into a known waste/moron in an alternate China-esque timeline with both spirit power kungfu martial arts (wuxia/xianxia/xuanhaun type) and mystically amazing medicine/alchemy/pharmacology ... The original body was about to have her engagement annulled by the country's third prince and I believe she was from an affluent household (fuzzy memory about her clan) so her rebirth self was more than happy to take the annulment because she could see through the inherited memories that the 3rd prince was a douchebag. I think female lead might have been reborn/transmigrated along with a secret internal mystical space, but not certain I'm remembering so many other novels that the leads get a bonus like that ...

I basically remember the last chapters I read which had been some sort of imperial gathering (maybe a royal hunt or some other formal court or harem event) where female lead was being accused of causing the deaths of some people when a bunch of them (including ex-fiancé with his new paramour 'medicine fairy' from some strong sect) were in a mystic realm space which had an herb field that turned out to be viciously toxic/poisonous (she warned them to avoid it) and in fact, female lead had cured a bunch of people inwin exchange formfor priceless treasures using he medical/acupuncture skills. A group of the survivors were coerced or bribed to lie saying the medicine fairy chick saved everyone when actually, her medicine used in the mystic space realm had failed to rescue and in-fact caused faster death ... So the scene was a bunch of the superior ranks of the sect/clan of the dead disciples were wanting vengeance and everyone accusing female lead, especially the phoney medicine fairy and ex-fiancé third prince (who she actually saved in exchange for a bunch of treasure), as being at fault. I think 1 family or sect that survived because of her were trying to stand up against the accusations but maybe were being deemed as a loyalty cover-up or something ... the emperor was being encouraged to condemn the female lead and the suspected male lead (was introduced earlier tho I forget how they met and may be either a wangye if not a royal prince, i don't remember his character much besides the standard overbearing, highly powerful and arrogantly intelligent) had not yet shown up to give testimony of the true events, tho i forget why he was not around.

That's all I can remember right now and had a hankering to pick the story back up (hopefully more chapters are out) ... Anyone willing to throw possible titles to this tidbit of plot, I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions to help jog my reading memory. I tried the series finder filters but none of those suggestions matched.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. jlkawaii

jlkawaii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i read it too and like it, but forgot the title too ^^;;
    ...sooooo... i'm lurking here too ;)

stumblmer and Wujigege like this.
  3. stumblmer

stumblmer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's hope someone also remembers it from this plot fragment along with the title to help us out

Another reason I know I wasn't too far along in the novel is the fact female lead and suspected male lead were not in a full-fledged, mutual relationship yet ... Still had the vibe that she was facing the world and grow stronger for herself/reclaim status and affluence/wealth/respect for the former body