Discussion A rant against a generation.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    bullshit. even my titan ape fingers can still manage around a pea size phone. :blobrofl:

Heimdallr likes this.
  2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, you're more bitter than me. I dislike the old fools (the wise are respected), but I don't want them to die (as long they don't seek my death). You, my sir, are clearly an old fool in the making. Hello, fellow scum of mine; shall we die in hell together, yes?
    Fair enough.
    You all mistake me in generalizing them, but as I stated; the "norm", meaning those out of the norm, are the wise or still intellectual even if they are very old already.
    Same reply to you with the comment above.
    I'm probably going to die somewhere 20-30 before I reach 40-60.
    Fair enough.
    The actual fuck? What the fuck? What sick fuck would and try to fuck a toddler? Kill that fucker.
    Fair enough, but respect is not a privilege; it is earned! I clearly don't earn respect, but that doesn't I condone wrong, or evil acts, because of this or that.
    You will grow and die wise. I envy you.
    Indeed, this is a self-aware rant, with me stating these illogical arguments in this thread.
    Your elders were wise in particular fields of their study; the elders I've met weren't.
    I am Asian, and yes, customs state respect the family hierarchy. I must be a black sheep, since I respect those who respects the laws, logic, and self-respect. Clearly, the elders I've met don't respect the law, logic, or themselves.

3. Student-kun

Student-kun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't you buddhist, if I remembered right? do you even believe in the concept of the hell, described in the abrahamic religion? That proposition is rejected though.

4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone is different. Generalizing an entire population group because some of them are annoying isn't really a good idea.

Eg. My parental grandmother is... very commanding, she tells everyone to do things for her (but considering she's pretty much an invalid, they accept it. My mother doesn't like it as much, because she mostly calls her to do it, instead of my father).
    While my maternal grandparents are much more 'chill'. My grandmother there actually went into the hospital a few days before christmas after she fainted a few days after she had fallen and broken her arm, which was then put in a cast. A few days after that, she fainted, and it turned out she had ruptured her spleen and had a few litres of blood loose internally, so she was put into the hospital for an operation to remove the spleen and recover. She got out last week I believe, and we went to see her a few days ago, where she was pretty find except the cast making it harder for her to do things, but she appearantly doesn't remember much of that time or wasn't conscious enough during some of it to actually make it possible to remember it, which my mother & aunt had a bit of a laugh about with her.

Lonelycity likes this.
  5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe hell and heaven exist, but I cannot confirm which hell or heaven exist. I also believe in rebirth or reincarnation even though I'm Roman Catholic. I'm willing to bet the odds in my favor, that we shall meet in hell someday, as hell is a separate dimension where space-time acts differently than our dimension. Wait, I'm Buddhist? I don't have the zeal to be a Buddhist, but I respect Buddhism and its teaching. You must have mistaken my renown self as my true self in this forum.
    Bloody hell! Why is everyone assuming I'm generalizing, when I clearly posted "the norm", meaning the majority, not all. Sigh

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Flamer and Lonelycity like this.
  6. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    ... ... *decides not to break Lonelycity’s kind, but misguided, illusion about her family.*

Nee-San! Nice to meet you!

Lonelycity likes this.
  7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Old people are only wasting limited resources. Elect me as the President of Earth, everyone will be put down by the age 50, when they have no value for society.

8. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s generalizing imo.
    Even in this post, you think the majority are like this ~~ which may or may not be true you know ^_^

So yeah, our assumptions about generalization is kind of correct I guess~~
    But I am surprised that most replies are sooo civil. Usually ppl are more critical about such stuff....

9. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a pretty old story now but its actually real. The story is vague since i barely remember it but its about a normal fam in PH but the parents had to leave to get a job and their kids where left with their grandparents. Then, the grandpa started to sexually harrassed the girl before actually raping her. The grandma just ignores the girl's plea for help while the gramps continue to rape the girl until the girl decided to head to a nearby public area and announce to everyone that she was raped by her gramps(she didn't did it until later on due to fear of killing her, their grandma and her sister or brother[toddler]?) When the parents arrived and shocked beyond belief, they also find out that the girl's pregnant but didn't do abortion since even though she had a sick grandparent, the child's innocent. Also, they found out the toddler was raped as well.

I don't know what happened afterwards but the cops haven't found the granparents yet(but maybe either they died or got arrested). But maybe you can still find the story and the afterwards for yourself...

10. Lonelycity

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol what I saw is barely the light from a keyhole.... I mean that might be an illusion for all I know XD but the illusion seems pretty~~~
    And everyone has issues I guess? I haven’t met anyone who’s perfectly content in every way ?
    So yeah....
    PM me if you ever wanna shatter the rosy tinted world I accidentally created... my thirst for knowledge compels me to ask~~

11. Lonelycity

Reading List:
    Link
  12. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
  13. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Right. I should fixed it to respect their age alone. Other should be subject to fair criticism. By fair i mean fair.

14. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    You would have left me an orphan at age 8. Thank you for that? *glare*

Lonelycity likes this.
  15. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay. We'll use AI to determine your worth, if you are worthy being kept alive at the age of 8, then you'll be raised by an orphanage with the highest standards. If the AI determines you aren't worthy, then you'll follow your parents' step at such a young age.

Lonelycity likes this.
  16. Lonelycity

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s something I read when I was a young child
    someone was born late....
    oof

17. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone know that age doesn't mean wisdom…. at least they should….
    Why would some bum living on a street be wiser than me? Why would someone that had 5 divorces be wiser than me?
    Why would someone dumb no matter how old be wiser than me?
    You should get those older than you respect at first and let them make an impression, then decide if you should keep respecting them, same as to anyone really just a bit more maybe.

18. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    He knew how it felt to be at the very bottom, and he'll never repeat such mistake again once he rises.
    He knew that different people cater to different things, and he will act accordingly next time, learning how to tolerate better.
    While he definitely isn't rocket scientist, he definitely knows one or two things in his life. We can't just judge a person entirely based on few criteria.

Lonelycity likes this.
  19. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    You're assuming people learn from their mistakes = wise up, they mostly don't. A guy with 5 divorces will never learn, maybe he will luck out on his 6th but that's all there is to it. A dumb old guy may know a thing or too about life more than me, but not much, and only exceptions.
    A woman that was popular for her good looks but not her brains while younger, got pregnant with some dude who left her or she him, now in her late thirties she's still dating such douches while having a 10 year old kid and ranting how guys are cheating assholes while cutting my hair, she didn't learn a thing, a plenty of those like her out there.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Flamer likes this.
  20. Lonelycity

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what he’s saying is you can learn from anyone as long as you want to learn....

And that not everything is what it seems to be....

Though what you say is right 80% of the time

Jojo775 likes this.