Recommendations A "show don't tell" novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by yuan-niisan, Oct 10, 2019.

1. yuan-niisan

yuan-niisan ★【Blank Sect's Dao Protector】☆

Reading List:
    Link
    the title speaks for itself.

2. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    so you want painful cliffhangers.....
    the Death Mage that doesn't want a fourth time

3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hyouka...probably? (Yea, most probably....definitely...I think?)

Also, according to a friend, Xia Niangniang might be too? It's yaoi, so I haven't read it yet. So I'm not sure if that's true...but their zealous descriptions made me think that way.
    And similar to this, I can think of a few more...but I haven't read those yet similar to this so I'm not sure if I should talk about those.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  4. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    i wanna say..... most published works (that are not light novels) fall under this.

Jojo775 likes this.
  6. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Self-published books generally excepted.

I feel like Mother of Learning, Nova Terra: Titan and I am Going to Die (In This Game-Like Dimension) fit this request.

Mother of Learning is about a Magic College Student who's stuck in a month long Timeloop.

Nova Terra: Titan is a VRMMO Story about a rich teenager who grew up so strong that he could accidentally break his own arm bones by tensing his arm playing a VRMMO for the first time, as doctors use the virtual world as an anaesthetic while they spend 6 months making his bones denser. We haven't seen anything of the doctors since he logged in, for understandable reasons.

I am Going to Die (In this Game-Like Dimension) is about a woman who went to an Anime Con which ended up being transported to another world. First danger: Breathing in the new world, which about half the people failed to adapt to and the MC almost failed to adapt to. The rules of this world are actually interestingly different, and we are introduced to them as the MC and the MC's friends do. One of the latest chapter actually reveals something that we could have worked out before the MC had it shoved in her face, but I fully admit that I didn't.

Edit Add right after posting: Also, anything written by the owner of https://honyakusite.wordpress.com/. Wizard with the Flower Blades, Originstory the VRMMO, Kousei Ishikawa is Cursed(?), Fluvia Dellarose was an Otome Game's Villian, and more are interesting and tend to show you what's happening instead of having a narrator praise the MC.

7. Locketts

Locketts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries.well built world
    Deep plots. They dont spoonfeed all the facts some you havta figure out or infer it yourself. Thou the commenters do help alot.

Fulminata likes this.
  8. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a pretty basic requirement, even most web novels have it. Very vague request...

9. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Seconded Mother of Learning and Lord of Mysteries. My house of horror is also pretty good. Super Minion from Royalroad for comedy with a total "show, don't tell" storytelling.

But anyway, what genre are you looking for? Since i'm gonna add some fluffy love stories if you say "anything goes" .

10. hacknack

hacknack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link