Discussion a story about ......

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by hafrist, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hafrist

hafrist the cat guy

Reading List:
    Link
    Once upon a time there was a old man in a big city who liked to bake . He liked to share what he cooked so he would bake a cake and keep it on his window sill with a note there telling it was a free cake . People would come by,eat his cake and feel happy. Soon he became very famous.But then he noticed that his cake would be finished soon after he kept them on the Sill and people would want more . So he thought of opening a store. but because he was still a good guy so he thought of a meathod to sell cake and also make people happy . The meathod was that He would make free cakes and suspended cakes. Suspended cakes were cakes people could buy for themselves.people could either eat it themselves or leave it which will then become a free cake. so like that the old mam could buy supplies for the cakes get a luttle money for his hard work and also be happy for baking free cakes .
    Soon he became very famous and many people joined his work. Some people also made other stores like his .like this there were a lot of stores where people made many things like cofee, doughnuts,burgers etc.
    But It was not like there was no problems .
    Like some bad people also came who also took this idea to make themselves famous for making candies. then they reduced the free candies and increased the suspended candies. They would increase the price of suspended candies and decrease total candies. But still all was good as people still got to eat free candies due to rich people buying more suspended candies. Some people were angry but still did nothing cause everyone was happy as the candies were good and free .
    Some stores would also close due to less popularity or cause they did not have supplies.some people were sad when thier fav stores closed but it was still good as someone other will pick up thier work.
    But then another problem arose .
    It was because there were 2 stores selling coffee . One was of high quality but less quantity and other with normal quality with high quantity. This soon happened to many stores . Many people who liked one of them started fighting .
    So the old man who started all this came and picked 3 people to represent thier group.
    One was a person who ate free cakes . One was a person who ate suspended cakes . And the last one was store owner.
    The store owner said that many disputes were there between the store owners but they were solved sooner or later so there was no need for all the people to make a big rukus out of it as some store owner were bad and some good but all were there as they liked their work and liked to make customers happy so people have no right to judge them.
    The suspended eater said that because he pays he would like the store owner to atleast maintain a good quality and a minimum no of goods per day to not keep supended goods for long .he also said that it was his choice to pay for it so even if it is expensive he still likes it and that he will stop paying if he feels cheated.
    The free eater said that he is no expert in checking quality and to him all treats seem equal because he cant check them. But still he would like people to not bully him cause he cant differentiate between good or bad and is a free eater because someone has paid for him and he is still a customers.
    He also said that he is happy as long as there is one store owner who has free goods as that would mean there are still good people who dont work for money and that way he would still love them all be them good or bad.he also dont like people fighting and thinks everyone is right in thier own way

So I would like people to tell me which category they belong to and what they think of the prob and solution.It would be best to keep the suggestions in doughnuts,cakes and candies :p

Thank you
    This is a story I came up with reading the post posted in the last few days
    (I would like if people will not read between the lines and please reply in terms of the story)
    Also please dont bully me as I am a person with no background and seniors of major sects and dynasties can kill me with just a fart :p I just dont like people fighting and tried to come up with a solution . I dont refer to any specific translator,donator or leecher in the above story

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    You devalue the coffee shop who does it for free. Quality is still there because other coffee shop treats it as a hobby too.

Additionally, you're generalizing too about coffee shops who releases with quantity than quality. They can balance it out as long as there are enough manpower and experienced people in it.

Same goes for more quality and less quantitiy.

So in the end, the store owner doesn't care but because the customers are creating too much noise, they became aware. Yeah, I think I agree with that.

3. Tarroyn

Tarroyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When it comes to cake makers, only a few cooks want to make cakes. Most will branch off into bread, tea, coffee or whatnot. So, when a cake maker undercuts another, frustrating him/her into quitting cakemaking, often times they do so while they enjoy cooking. But cooking regularly can become quite the chore, and when a rushing cook (as they often are) quits, it leaves a very stark gap in the desert menu. That's why I generally support the first cake maker, because competition in cake making ultimately hurts the cake receivers in the long term.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  4. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    You also forgot about patent/franchise owners. At the end of the day, when they say they will sell the cakes, everyone will stop doing it.

There are still some who misses the memo though.

5. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's still a question of quality though. What if the second cake maker who came in has more delicious cake than the former and consistenly releases cake without reducing his steam? I want to give the benefit of the doubt to everyone until proven guilty.

6. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Competition is never a bad thing in market economy. Every store will increase their quality or innovate their product, in which at the end benefit the customer. That's all.

Since the old man loves to bake cake as hobby, and also had no problem to distributing them for free, I don't think he will stop baking simply because many other store opened. It will be different matter though, if someone were to steal recipe that the old man has been working on for a long time. the old man might became sad and stop distributing cake, but still bake something once in a while since it's his hobby. That being said, the customer will be divided into 2 categories: those who remain loyal to old man and those who doesn't care about the baker as long as they could get free cake, and those who doesn't care and choose based on taste. If the new shop continue to increase the number of cake they sell, and decrease the amount of the free cake they made, their popularity will soon drop and customer will protest.

7. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I like quality food, if I don't like it I will not go back to the restaurant. While getting something free is also amazing, it's pretty good feeling to get free food. Put alas there's a supply and demand, and sometimes the demand for free food or cheap (Fast Food) increases more so then the demand of qualitty food (Steak houses.)drop, and we have MC'D's pop'in up everywhere. So in turn the supply of quality food drops and the supply of cheap food increases, and the prices increase. bizniz101 yo. and as shio said "If the new shop continue to increase the number of cake they sell, and decrease the amount of the free cake they made, their popularity will soon drop and customer will protest." This also happens.

8. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry guys but the cake is a lie!

Shio likes this.
  9. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Pie is the only way to live life. cake tends to be dry as fck yo.

10. hafrist

hafrist the cat guy

Reading List:
    Link
    as everybody likes to eat free cake there is nothing we can do unless you start baking yourself :D

11. holyshin

holyshin Moderator

Reading List:
    Link
    Free cake? I bet you guys don't even have bread.

Zone Q11 and Shio like this.
  12. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you bake one? Don't make it suspended though. Yeah, it seems we're uncivilized because we don't have bred. No mention of bread anywhere from TC's post.

13. holyshin

holyshin Moderator

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually do bake bread in my free time. It doesn't last nearly as long as store made ones though.

14. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my.. That sounds good.. Q_Q I'm only good at making brownies, pancakes, cookies..... Q_Q

15. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard those sweets are (in)famous during the first war.

16. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    everyone loves brownies.. pancakes.. and cookies yo

17. rosierosie

rosierosie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then the old man say, "Once upon a time,..... there was a beautiful Prince and he loves his disciple very much." Then, he turn himself into a beautiful Swam. He is the Swam King that is the number one cultivator of the martial arts world.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.