Spoiler A Tale of Strategies For the Throne

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by StarrEyed, May 17, 2021.

1. StarrEyed

StarrEyed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-tale-of-strategies-for-the-throne/

Summary:
    If you don’t ascend the throne, you will die.

So, brave youth, alongside your loyal knights, defeat monsters, level up, kill the BOSS, and ascend the throne to claim your destiny!

To break the curse that he will die before ever reaching adulthood, Garlan had no choice but to return to his previous previous previous previous reincarnation where he was supposed to be the son of destiny. There, he must defeat the big BOSS Heimos who had defied fate to kill him and seize the throne in that past life, thus fulfilling his destiny to become king.

He decided to give it a try. After all, he did have the superpower golden finger of five possible redos.

And then…………

This son of destiny, capable of reloading his save file for five retries… was killed by his nemesis four times.

Garlan: “…………” Wait a minute, wasn’t I supposed to be the son of destiny?

Fine fine fine, I’m not gonna fight anymore. If you’re so ruthless, go ahead! If you’re so handsome, go be king yourself!

With only one life left, still aching from the pain of getting killed four times… Garlan decided to give up fighting for the throne in favor of getting far far away from Heimos and becoming a free little elf.

And then….. he sat on the throne, and became the Sage King adored by the masses.

Garlan: “???”

A certain changer of fate: “Every single time I confess my love, I get turned down. This sucks.”

A certain son of destiny: “Every single time, I get confessed to by the very person who killed me, in the very same places I got killed last time, last last time, and last last last time. My heart is very tired.”

MiserableSOUL likes this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. StarrEyed

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers would be welcomed. I'm curious about the relationship between MC and ML, any angst, misunderstandings, or other sad things I should be prepared for lol. Any cute moments would also be appreciated. Also, how do the MC and ML get together. As well as any major plot twists and turns in the story.

4. crow008

crow008 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Note: I only read up to ch 87 and it's MTL.
    The MTL is not awful--it is readable.

• MC returns to the past. This time as a child (about 9 years) instead of 1 year prior to his death ( his previous regressions)
    • Last life: there is a pillar that shows his progression of retries(broken/cracks in it-number of times he died)
      • ex: 2nd regression: few cracks while 4th almost broke the pillar
    • Mets ML in a courtyard....thinks about the lack of underwear that the people of the nation have
      • ML's eyes are very vivid-very memorable
    • Goes to palace: decided to not be the king's brother(plan fails-obviously)
      • when he arrives, MC gets bullied by a fat boy and his cronies
        • bullied due to skin color because MC is pale-skinned and commoners are pale-skinned while nobles(like ML) are dark-skinned
      • MC beats the gang up: they run
      • Cute baby lion comes and sells meng to MC
      • Daddy lion sees MC-going eat him
      • handsome guy pulls back the lion: saving MC
      • MC think this guy is the caretaker of the lion
        • actually is the king
        • MC does not recognize since in past life he was not friendly with king
        • in past lives king had big beard(when he saw him as an adult) but currently (MC child) see king with clean-shaven face so MC does not recognize him
      • Caretaker pats MC head and MC think that the guy is a pervert who likes kids
      • hits the king in guy's sensitive spot
      • runs away
    • King w/ lions
    • a lion wants to find his child
    • king goes to find lion's child
    • sees MC beat up kids and cute lion selling meng
    • King loves cute things and MC holding lion is cute
    • pats MC head
    • sees MC disgust and is amused?
    • gets kicked by mc
    • first loss

more info next time :)
    ~too tired

As of CH 87:
    Timeskip in ch 70ish
    • ML realize feelings for MC in like 80ish
    • Misunderstanding due to a guy(prince equalized) from another country falling in love w/ MC
      • ML thinks MC likes him but ML accidentally claimed he does not like men
        • bite scene
          • ML bites MC neck
          • impulsive action
          • leaves a mark-making the rival guy think it is a hickey
          • Big "love square" misunderstanding due to it
      • now ML is trying to court MC(failing)
      • MC thinks ML likes MC's palace head caretaker/official who is a female(Remember MC think ML likes women)

• MC Teacher priest guy never betrayed MC
    • Trying to save MC from ML but failed
    • King had always loved cute MC but stayed away from him due to ML being burned
    • MC and ML were had an ok relationship but due to people always egging them on--two got influenced and the relationship went bad
    • MC poured "demon blood" on ML as a nondangerous prank but ML uncle had someone shoot an arrow which set the "blood" on fire
    • the "demon blood" was gasoline
    • ML burned: 1/3? body burned and no kids-reason MC thinks to get ML women and kids and MC can live
    • MC forgot the incident--Ml hates that MC harmed him and was not burdened and was happy while he was in agony
    • MC saves ML in this life

StarrEyed and MiserableSOUL like this.
  5. StarrEyed

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much! About the plot twist with ML burning - is that in the past life or present life? Also, have you read how they overcome it? That part seems like it'll be heartbreaking and angsty!!

6. crow008

crow008 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of CH 87:
    Timeskip in ch 70ish
    • ML realize feelings for MC in like 80ish
    • Misunderstanding due to a guy(prince equalized) from another country falling in love w/ MC
      • ML thinks MC likes him but ML accidentally claimed he does not like men
        • bite scene
          • ML bites MC neck
          • impulsive action
          • leaves a mark-making the rival guy think it is a hickey
          • Big "love square" misunderstanding due to it
      • now ML is trying to court MC(failing)
      • MC thinks ML likes MC's palace head caretaker/official who is a female(Remember MC think ML likes women)

• MC Teacher priest guy never betrayed MC
    • King had always loved cute MC but stayed away from him due to ML being burned
    • MC and ML were had an ok relationship but due to people always egging them on--two got influenced and relationship went bad
    • MC poured "demon blood" on ML as a nondangerous prank but ML uncle had someone shoot an arrow which set the "blood" on fire
    • the "demon blood" was gasoline
    • ML burned: 1/3? body burned and no kids-reason MC thinks to get ML women and kids and MC can live
    • MC forgot the incident--Ml hates that MC harmed him and was not burdened and was happy while he was in agony
    In current life(5th), MC and ML have a good relationship but MC decided to cut off ML because he realizes that ML will be his "future enemy" because they are princes. ML has to kill MC if ML wants the throne. Therefore the people(noble children) started to egg on bad feelings between the two again because they want to support the future king. MC is more favored due to King loving him the most but MC does not want to bother ML. Noble children then plan to get "demon's blood" which when poured on skin causes red spots/rashes and dump it on ML. MC has been having reoccurring dreams of ML burning but it stopped for a while. He had the dream again when he broke off relations with ML. MC heard about the children's plan and realized that the "blood" was gasoline. He rushes to ML due to the dream of ML burning. Noble children dump the oil on ML. ML avoids about half of it leaving about only 1/3 of his body covered. MC sees an arrow and rushes to ML and pushes him away? MC is hit by the burning charcoal? and gets bad burns. MC tells Ml to stay away and noble children run away.

So MC saved ML in this life. (He doesn't get scars. MC is ok)
    I think MC dreamed of his past life's childhood mistake and ML being burned. That's why ML always had bandages coving him.

If I am honest, MC is iffy. I read this on MTL, but when MC broke off relations with ML....his reasoning was great but it felt so sudden. Like he had a nightmare about his death and stuff before breaking off with ML but he had nightmares about his previous deaths before and did not break off relations with ML? I felt like it was really forced and then after MC saves ML there is a lack of PTSD? Like prior, Mc was like: this guy killed me--I am wary and scared.

IDK about others but if I died by the hand of the same person ----I am having trama. PTSD. No question

They were all pretty painful and gruesome deaths. In a span of 4 years. Consistently. (Remember MC went back 1 year prior every time in lives 1-4)

I get this is a danmei and fictional but still---even if ML is a kid, he looks really similar to his past lives and MC remembers the vivid(viper-like) eyes. It was like "poof" MC lost his trauma! Yes ML now lost his reason to kill MC but still-----????

Honestly, I read up to 87 because I lost interest in it after the childhood arc ended in the 70s. In the childhood arc, all the plot twists are laid out.
    • The reason why ML hates Mc
    • Priest Teacher actually never betrayed MC
    Honestly, even in childhood, MC was a Gary Sue but that's the joke. I think MC is fairly smart but they talk about his "pale skin, blond hair, golden eyes" every chapter haha.

I think this book has potential but idk what they are going to talk about in the next 200+ chapters? Probs just going to be MC makes friends with other countries-- yay! MC and ML get together(courting/dog food time) More praise about MC great prince, future wise king yay!

I think this book is good. But I'm more of a plot and a world builder reader. (I was misled by the synopsis--haha. Thought this was going to be about MC playing around and "accidentally" becoming king--I mean he does but it is Gary Sue style. Issues of past lives with ML is literally solved in like the first 15% of the book. I wanted a little more elaboration) Dog food will be coming in ch 87++ but I won't read on :(

But those are all just my personal opinions. You should read the book at least until 70ish-80. Maybe you will enjoy the rest?

Turned into a review oops.

7. taucchan

taucchan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vi muitos comentários bons sobre esse romance e despertou meu interesse, mas estou com um problema, não suporto o rei, ele está "estragando" minha leitura, e só queria confirmar; ele é um personagem que vai aparecer constantemente na história, certo? Acho que devo abandonar a leitura nesse caso.