About ami sect(martial arts)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ssokuri, Mar 27, 2023.

Tags:
  1. ssokuri

ssokuri Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ami sect
    The Ami sect is one of the three major forces in Sacheon (Ami, Cheongseong, and Dang's family).
    The Ami sect follows buddhism, in the novel, it mainly appears as a sect with only female monks. Dangga appears as the largest sect in Sacheon, so Ami sect cannot appear as a force that attracts attention in martial arts novels. The elder of the Ami sect is called a satae.
    Martial arts
    Pyo-cheon-cheol Unjang : It means penetrating the clouds in the snowy field, This is a tactic where one disturbs the opponent's vision, making them unable to concentrate, and then launches a surprise attack all at once.
    This is a martial arts technique where one draws out the opponent's internal energy (also known as "qi" or "neigong") with the first attack, and then follows up with a second strike.
    Jeolsugusik: This is a martial arts technique that involves striking with the knuckles of the hand, breaking through one point at a time. The attack is executed at an angle that seems impossible for the human body, with the arm bent sharply to deliver a powerful blow.
    You can meet Ami sect at
    Reaper pyowol Legend of Sura, Poision dargon

2. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Uh?

3. Decimationalism

Decimationalism Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently at 251 with Reaper of the Drifting Moon, haven't encountered them as of yet. Though there is already a korean based character introduced with Namgung Wol, there hasn't been a much bigger group than him. There's also the thing that you'd wanna memorize the korean/chinese terms for the techniques and such but tbh I prefer them translated on the story itself with a possible footnote after the chapter or just a glossary. Welp can't blame them also, overall I'm stuck in the "I caught up already within 3 days of reading and now have to suffer the cliffhanger" loop.

P.S: Wanted to read Martial Artist Lee Gwak so I have background knowledge with Reaper Pyo Wol, since Lee Gwak was the previous work of author but, the manhwa is axed and the novel translation no group working as of yet and kinda iffy with using deeptl to force read the series. Meh.