Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Eliana

Eliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are those schmir??? Lizeletta must be very happy making them clothes

Tarniaesquetta likes this.
  2. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While Philine stay temporarily with two maine's temple attendants as interim orphanage director, the plan was for her to go to Maine after graduation (presumably after getting engaged with Damiel), her main job is to smoothly transfer the work to the next (hopefully more permanent) director.

Two other people with 'special' condition that offer their name to Maine:
    Eglantine --> the new queen. As the condition making her the queen, Ferdinand forced her to offer her name to Maine, mainly to protect Maine so in the future the royal won't be able to force her to do anything (Ferdinand got VERY angry when he knew royal family's treatment towards Maine, including Maine's engagement to the first prince. Pretty funny because previously, he didn't understand why Maine got so angry when the former king force him into an unwanted marriage :blob_grin:)

Ferdinand --> at first, Justoks forced Maine to stole Ferdinand's name to supply him with mana remotely when ferdinand's life is in danger, after she saved him, Maine quickly returned it. Later, he forcefully shoved his name to Maine, on the ground that he need to take care of Maine, but because she was still under a goddess mana, only people who offered her their name could get nearby. After she recovered, Maine tried to return his name, but he played rogue and refused (there is a romantic legend about a pair of lover who exchange their name to each other, meant that their life and death are tied to each other :bloblove: Maine was very surprised when Ferdinand mentioned this legend when he refused to take back his name lol)

Tjanie, moneng85, Aeolian and 5 others like this.
  3. CatCat19

CatCat19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, and Maine counterattack with 'what will happen with the child left behind if the parents dead', makes Ferdinand baffled, because Maine already thinking about having a child:blobjoy:

Tjanie, moneng85, Aeolian and 2 others like this.
  4. Tarniaesquetta

Tarniaesquetta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but Ferdinand's reason is different, because myne is too careless dense and defenseless and occasionally accidentally tests Ferdinand's control over his reason, Ferdinand left it with her as Szeria's shield to protect her from himself until her adulthood! :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

It's so darn suggestive that idk why they say it lacks romance, but yes, it leaves you ccraving for more

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Aeolian, Jukki and saix2 like this.
  5. CatCat19

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, I don't really get with that 'szeria shield', even I read it several times, I'm not sure what Ferdi mean to.
    Anyone mind explaining it? :blobpeek:

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  6. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -------------------------------------
    When Maine tried to return Ferdinand's name, he kept refusing, so Maine became angry:
    Maine : "Ferdinand-sama!"
    Ferdinand : "Just hold it until you reached adulthood. There is no need for you to let go of Szeria's shield."
    Maine *confused*: "Eh? Szeria's shield? Did it made from name-offering stone? How?"
    Ferdinand: *refused to answer any more and took Maine outside*
    ------------------------------
    Author's note for that chapter : Ferdinand's name-offering stone acted as Szeria's shield that delay the coming of winter as long as possible.
    --------------------------------

So, from the myth, Szeria is the goddess of wind, symbolizing autumn, who repel the coming of winter (aka the return of the yandere god of life) using her shield. Meanwhile, there are several euphimism of winter in Jurgenschmidt. One of them is..... lovemaking :blobpeek:.

"The coming of winter" is the poetic/veiled way to say about lovemaking. In other word, Ferdinand let Maine keep his name until her adulthood (aka until their mariage) to prevent himself from touching her before she became the legal age :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:.
    Of course, Maine had zero idea about his meaning, up until the last chapter, she still doesn't think that Ferdinand hold a romantic feeling towards her, only familial affection.

7. Eliana

Eliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "The coming of winter" was pretty funny, cause Myne has no clue what was going on while everyone else does, Cornelius is very stressed and freaking out.

Yuukiyuki, Jukki and Tarniaesquetta like this.
  8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised there's no Darmuel name, no Cornelius and Angelica.
    But, Cornelius is arcnoble, and Ehrenfest couldnt possible lose arcnoble with all the purging before.

How'd someone be able to take someone's name forcefully?
    If the name is placed in a manastone, then I can understand that. But then to avoid being stolen, you just don't need to place it in a manastone, right? Well, I still am not understanding the whole procedure.
    So Main can do that to Ferdinand eventhough one is in Ehrenfest and one is in Aschenbach, how? maybe coz the amulet they gave to each other?

Cornelius is freaking out everytime they're going to the secret room XD
    Interestingly I never read Harmut or Clarissa, the avid fans, acting like Cornelius to guard Main's 'image' whenever she's with Ferdinand.
    Her other attendants stop making fuss maybe after they know abt the engagement? Though I'm also curious in what way Ferdinand's action said 'we're engaged' to public but not yet announce officially.

Yuukiyuki and Jukki like this.
  9. Eliana

Eliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The amulets, he is covered in his mama. The nagging. They have similar mama, this resulted in the ' winter has come!!!' from quite a few people.

Jukki and Kaylee like this.
  10. Tarniaesquetta

Reading List:
    Link
    Cornelius and Leonore are leisegang and they are mostly arcnobles because they always let one of them marry the lord or lord family. He doesn't want to give his name as tribute because he doesn't want to be as obsessed as his brother eckhart. Leonore just doesn't feel it is necessary. Judith doesnt have that resolve, Darmuel doesn't need to, Filine wanted to but wasn't allowed by rosemyne because rosemyne didn't find it necessary for her reason. It's not necessary for Angelica to give her name. Hartmut was allowed for everyone's peace and Clarissa was just coattailing on Hartmut because they are both obsessed with rosemyne.

Cornelius always freaks out because he is worried about his sister's chastity because he finds his sister too adorable to resist and Ferdinand might lose his reason due to rosemyne's habitual but accidental provocation. He probably feels that rosemyne might be taken advantage of by ferdinand and she wouldn't even realize it that's why he's always freaking out.

Ferdinand sent his stone to rosemyne for safekeeping because he might be forced by someone or he might just want that connection. He sent it without telling her any details but justox prepared the bag it was in so he knew and told rosemyne about how it's easier for him to survive his situation if he is covered by another person's magic. So rosemyne took his name to buy time for herself to save him.

They look engaged because they act like old couples and ride together on cavalry. He also keeps on carrying her in public when they were trying to save her strength. He is also over protective. They weren't engaged yet but ferdinand is making it seem like it is inevitable to save trouble later on. If they seem like a couple and they look happy, no one would be against his arrangements and no one will oppose their engagement.

11. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if I'm wrong....
    It was a loophole from the Zent's command... Ferdinand was supposed to marry Dietrend... In his knowledge she is the one supplying Arenhsback but it turns out it was Dietrend's other sibling which is already married at that point... So when Rosemyne steal Arenhsback, I think it become common sense for civilian officers eg; Rosemyne stealing Ferdinand...

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  12. Tarniaesquetta

Reading List:
    Link
    He was supposed to marry the aub of arensbach who is single, too young and inexperienced. But alstede dyed the foundation so the royal order was inapplicable and supposed to be canceled. Rosemyne dyed the foundation of arensbach and alstede didn't become officially lord of arensbach. Rosemyne became the lord who is too young, inexperienced and single so according to royal order, ferdinand should be engaged with rosemyne. Because they were changing the name of territory, he made the new zent sign that it was royal order even if it can really be abolished so no one can contest his "duty" to marry the new lord rosemyne.

13. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes Egrantines second seal was needed so other territories won't object.... Thats the gist I get when Rosemyne explained she is new lord of arensbach... Coz Ferdinand was ready to destroy the region...

14. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah, Didnt Ferdinand carry her to his own beast when they're going away from Aschenbach. In my memory, it seemed Ferdinand wouldnt carry her with him if it's not really really necessary, so I really thought 'Wait, is ferdinand already schemed for engagement from that time? and using that time to announce it to public?'. Because at that time, Main is not lil child anymore, she's also in her teenage body. A grown single man riding with single almost adult young woman. So, it def sent mixed signal in public eyes, And there's Hanalore there too LOL In hannalore mind : Aaah, so that's why XD
    I feel like broken record here, kept talking abt these two XD But when you find such rare moment, you cant help but melting and wanna shared it.

Oooh so that's what the stone meant. I read this part abt the stone, but def didnt understand.
    But wow Ferdinand, he rly trusted Main to even give her his stone for safekeeping.

Speaking of, this whole 2 gods and 5gods, are not the only faith in Jurgen Schmidt, but in Lanzenave too? Since that prince wanted the Gutten Height for himself.
    Also what happenws to Lanzenave after the whole thing? Jurgenschmidt conquered it or just asked for remuneration or what?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I feel, there's lacking detail of what'd happen next and less detail of characters after the whole Alexandria.
    I sure hope the author will make more POV for other characters to give us more detail in ln.

15. Eliana

Eliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the author seem to be kinda banned from taking a bigger work load.
    do you remember when did he pass the stone over? was it during her 3 year in school or after?

16. Tarniaesquetta

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, he gave the leather bag at the end or 3rd year after battle of the territories. But rosemyne opened the double bottom after she got gultrisheit after 4th year. They were preparing for battle with georgine and she was checking for useful information in the hidden room of the library and that's when she found it and wondering why ferdinand entrusted her with an unknown person's name but she remembered that evermin said quinta is Ferdinand's name like myne is rosemyne's original name.
    (you see how neglected the children in adal giza palace were to be named by order of birth. Gervasio is terza (third) and Ferdinand is quinta (fifth) and the other numbers are probably magic stones now.)

17. Tarniaesquetta

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, no one wants to be detlinde's partner and take care of a problematic territory but everyone available will fight for the chance to get rosemyne and her new and improved territory

Jukki likes this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so Quinta is Ferdinand's real name. I thgouht it's just another nonsense translation from MTL, so I just ignored it lol

Jukki likes this.
  19. CatCat19

Reading List:
    Link
    I missed this detail about when Ferdinand give the stone bag to Rosemaine
    :facepalm: one year... Rosemaine left Ferdinand hanging, so bad of you Maine :blobfearful:
    :blobconfounded: I think Ferdinand despised his family background
    But, why I think Ferdinand already love Rosemain for a long time before eh :blobsmirk: (looking how he care and always cover Maine), especially when he back to noble social when they discuss why Ferdinand did not join to looking for a bride. And Ferdinand responds, 'no one female noble can balance his mana'. :blob_blush:

Yuukiyuki, Aeolian and saix2 like this.
  20. Tarniaesquetta

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he loved her before he left but he didn't know how much yet. He probably didn't do anything because myne was so dense even to her own feelings. Remember, everytime myne needed a hug and ferdinand's reaction gradually changes until that one time when he was reconnecting Myne's memory and he hugged her but when Myne hugged him back he said he was uncomfortable and Myne felt his fast heartbeat.

As a result of stopping the question and stating my request, I got an extension of Gyu(Care? Hug?) from Ferdinand, who looked very annoyed. I finally found I could afford to look around, that I was still between the foundations, and that I was held in Ferdinand, sitting on one knee. It makes sense that I don't feel cold.

"Good shot..."

I twisted my body a little to make it easier, and put my hand on Ferdinand's back. His familiar smell and warmth are pleasant, but Ferdinand's heartbeat is very fast, and I feel that his breathing is shallow.

"...You'll settle down while I'm doing this."

"I'm totally uncomfortable"

Detecting a sign of tearing with a sighing voice, I hurriedly clung to my hand on his back.

"I'm afraid it's because Ferdinand still lacks a certain amount of gyu, I'm sure I can do a lot."

"It doesn't mean that"

Ferdinand, tired and annoyed, squeezed one arm around my back and began to mess with my hair with the other hand. Although he is definitely lacking in gyu, he is still obedient.

*I didn't edit much, I usually rely on context clues but if i edit it, it might feel different from what it actually meant. I don't know japanese

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Tjanie, Yuukiyuki, Aeolian and 3 others like this.