Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who's gold powder?

2. Aeolian

Aeolian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing that's the first prince siegswald.

But I didn't get a lot of this... as in (a) what is the deal with the castle?
    (B) for what reason is prince gold powder using such excuse? What is he up to (if it were marriage then how does using that excuse tie in with his goal of obtaining our Rozemyne?)
    (C) who was teaching georgine?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  3. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    a) That castle unknown to other people was a Royal Brothel house. Ferdinand was born there.

b)I don't know if by this time, Prince Gold powder knew the meaning of that place but 2nd Prince Ana knows thru investigations. Using that excuse (rumor) to undermine our Rozemyne is possible, this is the chapter were he was shock about her (Merchant Saint ch). It looks like he can't win the negotiations etc. Like Adolphine said Prince Sigiswald doesn't possess the common sense of regular nobles, the same can be said with Rozemyne. He looks defeated but we will learn later not everything Rozemyne demands will come to fruitition. And also the rumor excuse was the driving force of some Ehrenfest nobles (mainly Veronica led) to degrade her for the sake of Wilfred which was already overshadowed by (her) Rozemyne's achievements.

There is bias between Jilvester and Bonifatius talking, like what Jilvester implied to Bonifatius that he will cancel the adoption with Rozemyne (this is 15 chapters before the Royal negotiations), making Bonifatius worried that she might end up like Georgene (coz he knew this kid before).

c) Bonifatius according to his Pov, teach Georgine when she was still the only Lord Candidate for Ehrenfest. This example is like Ferdinand (an alternate Lord candidate) teaching strictly to Wilfred situation.

Yuukiyuki, Aeolian and Jukki like this.
  4. Aeolian

Aeolian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arigatou zonjimasu!!!!

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  5. Anemonymous

Anemonymous New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BTW, what happened to Gloria Dahldolf (Shikza/ Shikikoza's mother)?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Yuukiyuki likes this.
  6. Anemonymous

Anemonymous New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nvm, she explodes herself apparently.

I really wanted to know because she's really a vile creature. Her "redeeming" quality is her love for her son but even that supposed "love" for him is corrupted.

Yuukiyuki and Jukki like this.
  7. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am glad when something new is being written here. Does anyone know if the author is planning to continue this light novel? It seemed to say that he was taking a break. The break has been going on for so long ...

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  8. xXxela

xXxela Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They just release the Part 5 Volume 5 on 10th of April. The next volume will be in August.

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  9. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think the author is taking a break. She still needs to write more new SS for LN, also when they launch new spin off book or products they'll provide new SS too to boost the sales. And she also needs to write the WN spin off sequel too.
    BUT, I wont mind a direct sequel LOL

10. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    just read the updates today. So the omitted webnovel parts of Elvira and Rozemyne discussion will be in drama cd 6 (exclusive).

Yuukiyuki and Jukki like this.
  11. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How old is rozemyne in the raw?

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  12. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The same as in the english ver.

Yuukiyuki and Neuthue like this.
  13. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it's within reason.
    Main's feeling for Lutz surpasses the lover type, as he is the first person to believe and help her to realize her dream. That's why, she's very willing to help Lutz's dream too. I believe Main never thinks of Lutz as husband material, and after she goes to nobility, it's even impossible for her to think of him as more than her close friend.
    But if you really like Main and Lutz's relationship, the author also created one couple that's the epitome of Main and Lutz's future if they ever become one. Just see Heidi and Joseph. They are Main and Lutz if the ship ever sail.

14. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are really reading or watching part 1, you'll never say that.

Lutz was Ralph’s younger brother and had golden blonde hair. We were the same age. He usually tried to act like a tough older brother around Myne, which I thought was super cute. Like a kid stretching to look taller.​

If you understand and read this passage properly you could have voluntarily cross him out early on (this is from book1 of part 1). This means Urano-Myne never regarded him as a potential love interest. I think this also attributed to the fact that within her she still thinks she is a 22 year old.

You don't need to reach the mana compatibility thingy, that statement (from part2) was the final nail to stop early delusions. So readers like you focus more on the plot.

I always knew that afterword is just consolation for Lutz shippers but the recent reveal (Tuuli's side story) on how commoners marry within the income gap kicked Lutz chances again to be with Myne. Myne might really end up with Benno in this route not Lutz.

Neuthue, Jukki and jubjub3000 like this.
  15. kuronekohime

kuronekohime Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had just binged part 1 (26 episodes) and I honestly felt such depth in their relationship that it really was upsetting to read the ending. Now, after sleeping and doing day to day stuff, I can’t say it’s not a let down but at least I can see that I was probably too emotional. Ha ha

Still, I feel the anime didn’t do a good job of making it seem like she had no love for him. Maybe it was just the way they did it, so it truly was a huge shock.

I actually haven’t gotten there so I have no idea what that’s like but I’ll check it out for sure and maybe I’ll change my perspective.

Honestly, the anime does not do a good job at all of getting this point across so that’s why I was so surprised there.

16. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, if the author didnot make Main go to the nobility route, I'd ship her with Benno. For me, Benno is the 2nd superman of Ehrefest lol Beside, he's very capable, he's also a bit different with Lutz that could only follow and restrain Main a bit. Benno tho, I believe he could do a better job than Joseph with Heidi.
    Benno is very popular too. There's Tuli, Wilma, Karin too!
    Also, secretly my 2nd ship is actually Benno and Tuli. But alas, all my ships sail without wind.
    Or if sensei can hear my pray, pair him with Wilma pls. Benno sacrifices a lot, his own life matter for others happiness.

The anime didnt do shiat for the story. Everything I like from Bookworm is not there in the anime. The only good thing from the anime is the 2 ova/sp, featuring Yustus and Eckhardt and the family going to Corina.
    Personally, I wont recomend anyone to watch the anime before they read the novel/manga.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    saix2, Neuthue and jubjub3000 like this.
  17. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime made Lutz look sweet for viewers but the things they skip about Lutz to trimm for the anime about his character development were a lot.

The child is clever, we even get a full picture of him being paid by Gunther a few coppers just to baby sit Myne. Myne as Urano notices this (him babysitting Myne wasn't really sincere anyway) and just keep silent about it. Myne in this scenario wanted to be not a full burden to Lutz and her family, that's how she was discovered by Lutz when she started splurting ideas a 5 year old shouldn't. She had that initiative to impress Lutz as the responsible adult (on her mind).

Off course Lutz started to become interested with Myne but as commoner standards suggest (same income, strong in house chres etc) he shifts his views to Tuuli on his pov from the first book. This commoner belief like what Karla said to Effa at thet well tells us, Myne is not really on his possible list although they are close at this point. He is looking to others close in his age that's how we get him telling us Ralph is not a good brother and doesn't deserve Tuuli. But why as the readers we get that hidden comparison of child Lutz to his current brother Ralph?

Once Myne was able to grasps what Lutz want (p1v3) which was revealed before meeting Otto, it was easier for her to make plans for him (the total errand boy - remember during this time the person they need to impress is Benno). She started making plans for Lutz education during the winter. During the heated argument with Karla that was skip by the anime, you can tell that even without Myne he will still pursue his dreams. And I like that about Lutz, he wouldn't be the reliable child Myne trained if it wasn't for his domestic dwellings.

“But he gave us a job and said he’d take us as his apprentices if we did it. Me and Myne already finished it and he’s promised to take us as apprentices. I’ll become one even if Myne doesn’t. I can and I will.”
    Remember this is around the time Myne decided she will change paths (the temple route was opened to her).

So yeah those are only the few things the anime skips or forgot to detail that is why the sudden adoption of Benno when he run to him looks questionable becoz those details are missing. It was enough time for Benno to give Lutz trust since he had a one month headstart before Myne's apprentice in the temple.

moneng85, Yuukiyuki, Neuthue and 2 others like this.
  18. redplatform

redplatform Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read the MTL WN so there are a lot of details I missed or don't understand. I've always wondered why in Part 5 did Ferdinand ask Rozemyne to make 300 sheets of high quality magic paper. Does anyone have an explanation? I know Rozemyne herself ends up using the paper to easily and more quickly cast spells that require magic symbols, but I'm not sure why Ferdinand wanted them. Ferdinand asks Rozemyne in Part 5 Volume 5 (aka book 26) of the LN.

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  19. ambuk

ambuk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This might be the dumbest question after all this time but I have to ask this out of curiosity (since i dont know where to read LN or WN and the only source I can use is from the anime itself), does Maine and Ferdinand engaged??? If so, what is Maine reaction upon hearing this?

Does LN or WN already end? Where can I read them?

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  20. Neuthue

Neuthue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For Eglantine, since they plan on making her the new Zent, and for that, she'll need a "Gultris height" (spelling?)

Yes
    She just rolls with it.
    In my understanding, she is head-over-heels for him, but she does not realize it herself.

Yuukiyuki, saix2 and Jukki like this.