Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, reading the last spurt of the wn, and it was mentioned several times, that Ferdinand (Justus and Eckhard) was in Ahrensbach for a year and a half.
    That's why I was confused, I thought the 2 years and the Ferdinand happened were about the 2years Rozemain poisoned and aslept.
    Since both happening use 2 years XD

(I just read the battle to the end, several of weeks ago and now I'm reading them again....Bookworm is too addicting!)

By.Eve likes this.
  2. Semos

Semos New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How much story is left in the LN before it's complete?

3. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the 1 1/2 yrs from their pov (Ferdinand's entourage) is right as well. Becoz the 2 yrs timespan is from the pov of the Lanzeneve and how long they were communicating with Georgene. I guess the moment they got the Royal command from late part4 they have to salvage or fast track (hide) whatever plans they made for their early attack.

Rereading Respective Wishes Again, its sad how they treat their (Lanzeneve) women. Leonzio common sense says Leticia will be happy at Lanzeneve serving men. wtf? And this just clarify that its not Seradina, the woman the central commander is longing for, but Gervagio's sister.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    Jukki, Kaylee and lady-kyo like this.
  4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    !/3 of part 5 I suppose

I fear for the fates of nobles in lanzenave that have mana and the women.

Btw, do any of you rmb what's wrong with Dirk's color mana when Rozemain sees his medal?

saix2 likes this.
  5. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    He is a devourer (colorless or shuffled 7 attribute like in the anime with Myne's eyes ) images (3).jpeg

who has Ehrenfest okre/yellow faint color (dominant). Nothing is wrong with him.

So if we use anime logic about the devourer and light/web novel info, the devouring soldiers from Count frog (Ahrensbach) should be dominant with dark mana color.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    lazynoodles, Kaylee and lady-kyo like this.
  6. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Sylvester's Ss (5-7)
    IMG_20211214_233010.jpg
    So right now the plan is to make Charlotte the relay Aub before (if ever) Brunhilde's child/ren have their baptism. To clip Lassegangs growing faction. In 6 years? She'll be 18~20 when that happen? Will she take a husband in that plan to help her? Will Melchior really take it (Aub Ehrenfest)? or want it? What if another path opens for him (like Zent)?

this Ss just opens to many possibilities now... (from my understanding)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Jukki and lady-kyo like this.
  7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    relay aub?

8. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    That is what Sylvester plan for now (before Rozemyne departure to Ahrensbach). But its too early, nothing is set in stone.

We all know before that he thinks Rozemyne is going to the center. So that must be his backup plan. Ah no, he just plan, he just planned it right after he knew the location of the Foundation from Rozemyne.

He even thinks if he ordered Ferdinand to kill Georgene during the summer funeral of Aub Ahrensbach, he will be hated by Rozemyne.

Jukki, lady-kyo and Kaylee like this.
  9. Neuthue

Neuthue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my understanding, his plan is for Melchior to be Aub or the unnamed 4th child, not for Brunhilde's children (it doesn't seem like they will have any).
    Charlotte plans to be a relay until that happens since her schtaph (spelling?) is that of lover quality, tho I'd love her to be an Aub and Melchior to become the next Zent - he gives me those wines. Am I alone with that?

About that, I am sure. Myne would go berserk on him for making someone else do the dirty work, and the fact that someone is Ferdinand would push her buttons even more.

10. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I said from above, the plan to make Charlotte Relay Aub. And he won't wait until his children (if ever) with Brunhilde have their noble baptism (7yrs). Maybe to downgrade them to senior aristocrats so that they won't take Aub courses (whatever you call them now). They don't have children at this point but he is anticipating becoz that is what the Leissegang faction will expect in a few years.

Jukki, Kaylee and lady-kyo like this.
  11. Neuthue

Reading List:
    Link
    I might have been too vague with my wording. Excuse me, since English is not my first language.
    My point was: he does not want a relay Aub at all.
    The reason: he is too afraid of future rebellions. He agrees with Bonifatius that if Charlotte becomes relay Aub, she can keep connected to Rozemyne (the most recent SS in P5V7 Purchase Privilege). Charlotte is the one who wants to be relay Aub, and he'll give in since Silvester doesn't wish to be in the position.

Jukki, Kaylee and saix2 like this.
  12. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah since I didn't add the conversation with Bonifatius, I think my summary is a little vague. I don't really put full blown details becoz the want of Charlotte was already evident in past Ss (they build this up since part 4) she even cried. I was just analyzing the way Sylvester think right now (kinda incompetent from my observation). All he knew in this time stamp (5-7) is Rozemyne is going to center, not reroute to a new path like becoming Aub Ahrensbach. Depending on how Ferdinand's rescue goes. He cannot anticipate such events.

So I was thinking surprising Leissegang faction in the future while demoting the status if ever he had children with Brunhilde is a good move. But if we think about it, internal pressure again might happen. But they can't pressure Sylvester's family to take a Leissegang husband for Charlotte, coz if she will be relay Aub, she will need another candidate from outside. (I think that is the conflict he was thinking that is why its halfhearted thought)

How sure is Sylvester that from that time point , Rozemyne will retain influence when she becomes 3rd wife of Prince Sigizwald?

Thats why this Paperback Ss is kinda good for me. We know he is not a perfect Aub that can execute plans.

I'm sorry my interpretation might be wrong about this since I only ocr, and skimmed read it. For me the prologue and Leonzo's pov is more juicy. Sorry if my chosen words are not understandable. Sometimes I have a habit of adding my observations/opinions on what I read. Don't worry I declare it if its a theory or not. For the past summaries its just mere conclusion of mine.

I haven't read Charlotte's current Ss (5-7 House of Peers without my older sister). I'm kinda saving it, becoz I think its the least interesting. I'm trying to reread this volume for now. And see if there are any noticeable difference when I reread (from wn).

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    Jukki, Kaylee, lady-kyo and 1 other person like this.
  13. Neuthue

Reading List:
    Link
    Sylvester is incompetent, but IMHO at least he is trying to be a good person, and he is crumbling under the pressure of his position. He never should've been an Aub.

;)
    I hope you'll like this book as much as I do.

Jukki, Kaylee, lady-kyo and 1 other person like this.
  14. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, there are lots of loopholes in his plans and thought process. I thought in his mind the engagement with Brunhilde will remain as a white marriage (sexless) but I'm wrong. I feel bad if ever there will be children, as he don't love and think of them equally, specially she will be 2nd wife. The nightmare of Brunhilde's circumstance is a repeat cycle. A repeat of her situation before she left her former family. I just hope author think twice about this. Just make Brunhilde divorce him like Adolphine.

And Grandpa Bonifatius is really a tough nobleman.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    Neuthue, Jukki, Kaylee and 1 other person like this.
  15. lady-kyo

lady-kyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's why I love this work, it's complete and complex, the characters have good points and bad points, they portray real people, because what differs if someone is good or bad is usually the point of view of the situation. After reading Honzuki all the other stories with kingdoms and noble seem ill-planned, enough gives me a dislike to read.

Tjanie, Jukki and saix2 like this.
  16. Ladyoscar27

Ladyoscar27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A little late but anyone knows if the hairstick use cotton thread ir embroidery thread? Thanks you

17. RoseRed12

RoseRed12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I just read all 62 pages and made an account and would like to ask a few questions. What happens in Solange’s side stories? Why are they sad? Why does Sylvester take a second wife when he swore to only be married to Florencia? Why does he marry Brunhilde? Isn’t she as young as his children? How does Florencia feel about the second marriage?

18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll answer the one I know.

Which Solange side stories? Do provide the link.

Sylvester takes 2nd wife to relief the tension in one of the biggest political faction {Leisegang nobles} and Florencia's burden. There's no Leisegang born noble in the archducal family so they want Rozemain not Wilfred as the Arcduke. Also the 2nd wife is from the same faction as Florencia, so Brunhilde is there to help her to steer the politics and be the voice of Leisegang.
    Florencia is tough.
    It's not strange for 15yo young woman to marry a 30/40yo man there.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    lazynoodles and Jukki like this.
  19. lady-kyo

lady-kyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Brunhild is 2 years older than Willfred. it's weird for us, but at least they're not the same age

20. Cynge42

Cynge42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know if RozeMyne ever asks Justus to make an encyclopedia?

He has all this gathered information and every time they (RozeMyne and Justus) interact I keep waiting and wondering, when will the encyclopedia will be published!

-- I am on part 3 volume 5. I have a long way to go until the end. I can not let this weird little spoiler drive me crazy anymore.

Thank you for your help