Question About pursuit of the truth

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Raidou99, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is pursuit of the truth/beseech the devil as good as issth or renegade immortal?

If it is, when will it start getting interesting?

I have read about 40-50 chapters and i find it quite boring...

2. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you already find it boring since the start, i think theres little hope left for it to start getting interesting for you. Talking by experience.

3. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    “Interesting” is different for everyone. For all we know, interesting to you is the MC beating up typical side character villains created by the author purposely for drama.

4. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read for another 50 chaps and then decide.

5. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people felt the same about both ISSTH and RI for about 200 chapters. So take into account it's Er Gen we are talking about. As an author, that's his pattern. If you feel like you can't stand to read on anymore, let it go. Maybe you'll change your mind and read it again in the future. I wouldn't force myself to read anything I didn't like, but everybody is different.

I've gone back and read novels, and I've abandoned some completely. *shrugs*

Reyrey likes this.
  6. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    But i found Issth boring in the beginning as well... Turned out awesome later
    That's every cn ever.

Will do ty.

True

7. Tourist Bamboo

Tourist Bamboo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also have the same problem with PoT. Read up to 230 chapters, i understand the plotline is very good, but I simply can't concentrate on the story.

8. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I love PotT, it's really good. The plot really kicked in later after a while. In my opinion, it is the best one that had an overarching plot in all of his novel yet.

Keep in mind that if you don't like the darker theme that is more tragic than Renegade Immortal, you won't like this. This is much darker.

9. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Beseech The Devil :blobowoevil_horns:

10. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I have completed all Er Gen's novels: RI, BtD, ISSTH and AWE, and from my point of view BtD was the best of them all. Yes, I am saying that Pursuit of the Truth is better than ISSTH or Renegade Immortal. However, I admit that the beginning is slow. BtD is different from may other works though. After first 50 chapters you literally know nothing. If I explained why I said this, it would be a massive spoiler. At the beginning, BtD might look like another typical CN, but it is not. If you remember the author's and translator's prologue about the name of the novel (on qidian it is on chapter 1), then I can confirm that author perfectly delivered what he wanted/promised. At your current place, it might look more like ISSTH or AWE in terms of style, but BtD is dark and cruel. It IS darker than RI. If I tried to explain without spoilers, BtD is more of Renegade Immortal + more darkness and tragedy + mystery. If this was a detective novel, you would now be reading about circumstances of the situation and haven't even started detective part yet. You need to read maybe 150+ or so chapters to even begin to see it.

amnesic123 and GDLiZy like this.
  11. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, really. Imma read it rn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.