News About Qidian International Project

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    RI is definitely superior to ISSTH.

2. CDTPPY

CDTPPY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because i don't find it as good as it can be, it's simple. I read it, but im not a die hard fan. I don;t find anything special to it. It's just as any other novel out there (boring after a while). And this Ergen dude is mediocre also, i don't see the reason he's so popular. There is no lack of respect here, or not apreciating the work of the author, it's just a simple and honest opinion. With all due respect, he's nothing special. XD

Everyone's making assumptions based on their personal view, that's the point of it. Do you want me to make assumptions based on other people personal view? hahaha
    If something is popular, it doesn't mean it's good. Then again, if something is not so popular doens't mean it's bad.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    AliceShiki likes this.
  3. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not telling you to do anything, i am just pointing out that, just because you decided to call a novel mediocre and your reasoning as you personally stated, that you dont like both the novel (for whatever reason) and the author, makes your entire post from the previous page even more pointless.

I understand that Renegade Immortal might not be perfect as nothing in this worlds is, much less the first work of a start up author, but calling something mediocre and the reasoning being that you dont like it and its author is... quite something.

I would like for you to tell me, except of the "i dont like it" what is wrong with it? also please point out until which point you have read, as i am aware how fickle readers are these days, and i am not going to lie to you, i too drop novels, due to my enjoyment decreasing, or other reasons.

So your entire opinion is just that and nothing more. I understand that my opinion is also my own and nothing more, but at the very least, i do not go around calling novels, manga anime or any other sort of entertainment which i disliked for whatever reasons mediocre - without at the very least explaining my dislike and the reason for the mediocrity, especially when you made that large post trying to make some point which, basically means nothing due to it being just your personal view, as you were trying provide a business idea, i understand, that you must not have had any experience within it, so i will tell you this, "when something is popular, but a small amount of the audience doesnt like it, that small audience will be ignored because the business is making profit from the larger audience" - this is how major publishing companies like shonen jump, qidian and the like work. I mean look at MGA, ATG, PMG and some other novels, as you have stated they are repetitive and the like correct? mediocre basically, but only a small amount of people dislike it, but they are ignored and their popularity doesnt decrease why? because the small number of those that dislike it are ignored.

4. CDTPPY

CDTPPY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever read a good book? Now compare that to a chinsese web novel! See my point now? They lack substance. In a book the amount of information is also low, but the author describes things and strech the story in a good way not using the "who was he?+ blabling" and "senior junior" things like that.

In a chinese web novel, the plot is the same in every novel. I think this is a reason enough for mediocrity, but die hard fans will never be content.

The ideal thing for a business is to draw in as many potential buyers as they can be, that's why there are more than one type of products. Take manga for example, there are shounen harem moronic kind of manga (which are very popular among kids) and seinen mature kind of manga for the other people. Or take coca colla for example, they also produce fanta and sprite.

MGA, ATG and PMG (which i have read) get boring after a while but as other options are not presented and not promoted, people have no choice but to read the mediocre stuff that there is. People read these novels for the xanxia and wuxia elements present in the novels, not for the well build plot. For example if i want to read a godly wuxia xanxia novel (a well written novel, non repetitice, good plot, good character development ) i have nothing to choose from, which is sad.

Get me something different like Chronicles of the primordial wars and Release that witch and i will become addicted. I will also settle for something like a funny parody (History's number 1 founder) or Otherwordly Evil Monarch and maybe Ze Tian Ji (which has a decent writing style). Now compare this with the mainstream novles and see they are one step higher! ;)

5. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're confused here. You're looking in the wrong place if you're looking for literature with substance. It's like you're going to McDonald's and looking for a rare steak. The thing about web novels is despite their lack of substance, they're still entertaining. Which is why people are attracted to reading them. As far as I am concerned, movies, comics(especially ones adapted from web novels), and TV series are even worse offenders in that sense.

6. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you seriously going into CN novels with expectations that it will be very good as a mainstream novel that can be bought in bookstores? - they are regarded as garbage in chinese literature circles, and most of authors are beginners trying their hand at writing themselves, we have also something similar check RRL and you would be able to find either crappy novels or good, but at the very least they try. Renegade Immortal although didn't have the best start, as the story progressed it was getting better and better, but you have already made up your mind, so I will not be talking about it anymore. As you have made some points that i do agree and disagree with, regarding xianxia and wuxia.

Now Coca Cola do you even know reason for the existence of Fanta? If not let me enlighten you; During World War 2 Coca Cola was a heavy supporter of Hitler, and it was eventually found out and their brand took a heavy hit so they created Fanta and made different advertising where if you drink Fanta you support the allies or some shit like that + Coca Cola and Pepsi don't make much on their drinks anyway, what they make money off, are the fast moving consumer goods brands that they purchased, and the only reason they keep their Coca Cola branding and the like is for advertisements.

As for Ze Tian Ji I believe that it is a truly good novel, I am willing to admit that release that witch was above average for a while, but unfortunately the rest that you mentioned are very mediocre.

If you want good writing check out these stories and you would have realised;
    Pivot of the Sky at Radiant
    Master of the Stars at GT
    Transcending the nine Heavens...

As for manga, yes they are targeting different audiences, but it also doesn't change the fact that anyone can, buy, read and enjoy them. So this point of yours, doesn't have much ground.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  7. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would you compare them? They are different things. Apples and oranges.
    Nice generalization.
    Sometimes, but it's not always the ideal model, especially where web novels are concerned. Customer retention rate is often much more important than drawing in new 'potential buyers/readers.'
    There is a reasonable amount of wuxia available to read that is of a reasonable quality, like stuff from Jin Yong or something. Xianxia is a different kettle of fish though.

FlameE likes this.
  8. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh, what? From what I heard, Fanta was created by the branch company in Germany during WW2 as they were unable to get their hands on Coca-Cola ingredients. In other words, it was created in Germany to be sold there.

9. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right I had the details slightly confused;
    • Fanta was formulated by Coca-Cola for the Nazis, because the political climate of those days made it akin to corporate suicide to attempt to supply the Allies’ enemy with the same drink the Allies were gulping down.
    But there were also cases such as this;
    IMG_0348.JPG
    which also created a few issues...

10. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I just went and read up about it on "For God, Country, and Coca-Cola". The branch company in Germany at that time was headed by a Max Keith and they did not have any contact with the main company due to the war. Max Keith only created Fanta as they could not get their hands on ingredients needed to make Coca-Cola.(Due to trade embargo and the ongoing war itself.) When the war was over, the main company in America sent men to take over the branch company. (They initially suspect Keith of being a Nazi, or at the very least an ex-Nazi.) However, Max Keith managed to outwit them in the end and regained control over the bottling plant.

11. CDTPPY

CDTPPY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, i'll check these out to see if i like them.

About the Fanta thing, it doesnt matter how it came to be. In a business you make changes if the market requires you to do so. Coming up with other types of novels seems a good thing to me, but are there people that are willing to do so?

I also hate the ranking system. I never remember which rank is above the rest, expecially when the MC can win against higher lvl opponents. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.