Discussion about the ratings & reviews of Dragon blooded wargod

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SovereignSamiul, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, 1 star to you means differently to me, right? Same with 4 stars. I remember someone giving 4 stars to both I like and it's okay.

Anyways, I generally read reviews. Most are not very useful as it doesn't say anything and shallow. I rather spend a bit more time reading the lengthier ones. I also prefer the ones with 1-3 stars. At the end of the day, you need to be able to sort through all the ratings and stuff instead of blindly believing.

To be honest, I don't feel that all the 4 starred CN should be 4 stars. Well, most at least. But then, it's subjective, why argue? It's like arguing you cant like a certain food.

CDLevit likes this.
  2. Wildzhen

Wildzhen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah this novel is overrated but really why do u care about reviews I read this novel when there was like 3 chapters and thought okay its illogical I know where this is going but I need a fix for my craving so I kept reading whithout being on the hype train. Once again this novel is overrated it kinda of remind me of MGS (nuff said) Anyway best novel is ISSTH (it should be a 5/5) but reviews are unfair anyways.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    CDLevit likes this.
  3. God Of Time

God Of Time Nyanko's Loyal Minister.

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, oh I don't know, people have different tastes and actually like it~?
    Keep in mind there are people in the world that like 50 shades of grey...

4. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    You took the words out of my mouth... you thief!!!

Arua likes this.
  5. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the king!
    [​IMG]
    Wan Wan~

6. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    TREAAAAAAASSSSSSOOOOOOOOONNNN!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: X infinity

Arua likes this.
  7. infinitum

infinitum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although it started bad it has gotten better with each chapter, it somehow remanded me of chu fang when he was started going towards his path of dominance.

8. LagDeath

LagDeath Comfortable and Impatient

Reading List:
    Link
    For me is the novel really good? No. Is it entertaining? Yeah. I treat books like movies, as long as I'm entertained it's worth reading. If I'm not entertained I stop reading it.

9. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I also kinda disliked that part of the novel but if I were to drop every novel that has a relationship between 2 or more characters that I dislike I would have nothing to read now. If that were the case I would have dropped CD at the Alice part, ATG when MC was exiled, MGA when he was drugged and the list goes on. In real life there are sometimes 'humans' that are way worse than that. The characters in a novel are ultimately created based on real life experiences and the author(who, by the way is also human)'s imagination. If the novel managed to change your mood, that's good enough because at least you can express some kind of feelings for it and it means it wasn't all dull.

CDLevit and LagDeath like this.
  10. Reright

Reright Someone who tried to keep it simple but failed

Reading List:
    Link
    ...The tl just asked people to add the series to reading lists ...and promote it a bit as for rating it I don't think they asked for that .

11. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Only 3 words from me. Don't read reviews.

12. Dreken01

Dreken01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read reviews if I am a bit skeptical on a title. They actually influence me slightly, just like they are supposed to. But at the end of the day I make my own judgments based on my own experience. It's all a matter of opinion!

CDLevit and LagDeath like this.
  13. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    You made a good point, while i still really dislike that part of the story i have yet to drop it, cause it might get better.

14. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    So what if you found it suck after reading the reviews and got overhyped. You trying to seek justice or something? There's people who would die for them twilight series, but i don't rant about it just because i find that series 'unappealing'. I just taunt them how edward is a disco sparkly vampire and the other dude is a giant wolf. Hahaha
    There are people that found such story appeal to them, so they write good reviews about it. No problem there. Some says LLS is shitty with no solid story, but i like it so i read it. Thats that.

CDLevit and DarkArts like this.
  15. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    the only novel that i believe deserves a 5/5 are doulou dalu and i shall seal the heavens. what really pissed me off about this novel was how
    easily the son made up with the mother i mean she treats him like crap for the majority of his life even treating the kids that doesnt even have a drop of her blood better than him and finally when she is about to be killed he comes in like a hero and saves her and now she wants to be a good mother. tell me that this is bullshit the woman barely said shit when the husband died and went fast to marry someone else almost killing the whole clan cause she doesn't want to feel inferior. Then she starts to treat him more like shit by taking away the book after he only has it for 5 days. it literally took till the time where the mother no longer needed to protect him for her to start acting like a mother. how pissed off would you be if your mother treated you like shit for all your life then when you get a decent paying job she turns around and be's like oh i love you. i would literally smack her since that is much more shameless the yue yang from LLS. also the fact that the main character kills like 5 people and the crowd is calling him a slaughter god that just pisses me off to no degree only people of either meng hao, chu feng, yun che degree are allowed to be called slaughter gods

Nom de Plume likes this.
  16. PotOfApples

PotOfApples Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most readers reviews are very subjective and do not reflect the actual quality of the work. As well, it seems that most readers who enjoy a novel will give it a high rating but people who don't like wont even bother to give a poor rating. Its better to just ignore the rating and look directly at the synopsis to judge if you like it or not.

CDLevit likes this.
  17. AncientDaoist

AncientDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but I don't think you can dismiss a novel as trash and create a public thread claiming it's other people's fault for saying it happens to be good. I read pretty much all (barring a few exceptions) xianxia and xuanhuan type novels and dbwg isn't that bad. Is it a coiling dragon or issth? Maybe not. Is it a decent read? Sure. You can like it or not and that's your choice, but blaming other readers for their likes and dislikes is a silly thing to do, simply because no one asks you to base your beliefs, expectations or opinions on their reviews or ratings. If you can say that you think it's trash, you should be OK with people saying it's great, especially since you've read the novel in part. The existence of this thread is therefore kind of odd, simply because you're trying to build consensus on a novel you, an individual in cyberspace, disliked. That's slightly insulting to other readers of that novel and to the writers and translators who've decided to work on that project, because you've basically tried to review the novel while generalizing your opinion to be fact.

CDLevit likes this.
  18. PotOfApples

PotOfApples Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were to look at the plot, the world building and the characters, all of them are generic and done to death. I am sick of people defending these novels, claiming that how good they are is "subjective". Its not.

Are the characters realistic?
    No
    Is there character development?
    At this point, no.
    Is it the same generic power ranking structure?
    Yes
    Is the story generic ( Tournament in family, Magical beast mountain, amazing treasure at beginning, trash MC at beginning)?
    Yes
    Is there a plot beyond get stronger?
    No
    Is this a bad novel?
    Yes.

Its your choice to like terrible novels, but there is no question that this is terrible novel.

CDLevit and mmsupreme like this.
  19. Kenken

Kenken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too be honest I never really care about the reviews.Because everyone has their own personal tastes/opinions.There are things I might like while there are others who dislike it. There are also things I might dislike while there are others who like it. So before I reach to any conclusion I would always read it first to see if I like it.

I don't rate anything till the story I read is complete, or half done or a bunch of chapters done at least enough to judge it before I even rate or do any reviews. I don't easy give any rating/reviews out. If its not up to my tastes I would just move on silently. Most of time I don't even rate/reviews because I'm too lazy for it Lol xD.

CDLevit likes this.
  20. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    you forgot to add the seemingly forced enemies to quickly to make up in order for main character to fight new unknown enemy since he quickly made up with older enemies.
    besides helping lingqing does does long chen have any reason to help out the clan? the statement that blood runs thick cannot be used here since the mother treated her own blood like shit. if the main character was acting like the whole situation if his mother were to die would leave a bad taste in his mouth than i could handle the story but somehow it sickens me that he is acting all lovingly to his mother when they havent even talked after he killed that bai guy. i can get him feeling angry at the bai guy for killing his father but he acts even angrier when his mother is kidnapped when she has done shit for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.