LCD Abyss Domination

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Serra, Jan 5, 2018.

1. SaltyTank

SaltyTank Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prolly a bit of a spoiler, so I'll answer this in a spoiler tag.
    He does eventually get a subclass/subprofession

2. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not really a spoiler at all. Its obvious he will get one since he keeps bringing it up. A spoiler would be you telling me what the subclass is.

3. Fragments of Shadows

Fragments of Shadows [The Broken One] [Chaser of Tales] [Hungry Ghost]

Reading List:
    Link
    Adding together his total age from his two bodies and he's over 30 years old and given his obsession with games and his sister probably a virgin... take a guess.

Astaroth likes this.
  4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    rogue & wizard,
    for his rogue class is Shadow Dancer, and iirc for his wizard class he become an Arcanist

KidBuu likes this.
  5. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he ever go back for the rest of the snake demon?

6. SaltyTank

SaltyTank Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, he didn't

7. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't think he did. He said he was going to in the cave but once he ran into that vampire he just stopped mentioning it. Such a waste to even if he couldn't sell them in the open market because of the questions it would raise. Could use the snake scales/skin to make some armor for himself and then just keep the rest if he wants to make trade deals with necromancers or other dark mages.

8. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    This story suffered from too much info dump. Half the chapters filled with explanation of some sort without expanding the storyline.

9. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's just the start... So, don't just give up yet... M sure it will be less than that in The Amber Sword

10. SaltyTank

SaltyTank Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's info spread throughout the chapters because the author assumes people have no knowledge in D&D (basically me). It's fine most of the time, but if a chapter is solely info dump, I'll release two chapters together to get the plot going.

Astaroth likes this.
  11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I never thought of it as info dumps, they are technically, but there's literally no other way. How do you know what a creature is without having it explained to you? The quick summaries are nothing compared to entire monster manuals, compendiums, and other bestiaries etc that you would have to read otherwise lol.

The author actually weaved it into the story pretty good so it didn't feel that bad, and it's even better now with a real translation & editor than when I had to read MTL.

Speaking of which, just want to give kudos to @SaltyTank for pretty much all the references so far being correct afaik. I know a lot of other tls don't bother to even google/baidu search and was kinda worried actually...

One thing I did notice was that female cleric was changed to priestess, which does make sense, but since cleric is the name of the class... Well it doesn't really matter that much, and there's a similar problem with Warrior/Fighter/Soldier since Warrior is the archetype, Fighter is the class, and a soldier is of the military. (Oh and actually warrior is also a class for NPCs that's different from Fighter class...) And they all have the exact same raws in Chinese so it's hard to tell. And of course since it's not 100% DND either because of world of warcraft, some vampire stuff, and who knows what else...

Anyway, it's understandable to take some liberties to make it all fit. I know I was about to go crazy when I were spending more time looking up all the stuff than actually reading, none of which the regular readers will notice of course. So there's not as much appreciation for the translation as there should be if you ask me. :blobneutral:

Saitama.sensei and SaltyTank like this.
  12. kad

kad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seriously though .... the ending was meh... the whole story until the end was upcoming calamity and the stages of it...(which was pretty good and wanted to know more of the story just to find out that all there is to it)...

13. kad

kad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yo astaorth... fancy meeting you here after a long time.... did u finish reading this novel after keeping this at hold?

14. SaltyTank

SaltyTank Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the compliment; I try to stick to the references as much as I can, as it is a DnD based novel after all. Well, there are times at which I spent over half an hour searching what the term meant but still get no results. That's when my non-existent creativity comes into play XD

Astaroth likes this.
  15. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    These info dumps are just getting out of hand. I understand explaining the worm monster's abilities and habits but then the author goes on about wyverns. Also, how many times in this merchant traveling arc is the author going to tell us about how strong these northern merchants are. Pretty sure earlier on that it was mentioned on how tough caravan guards are supposed to be so is it just going to repeat those lines every time the mc looks at the guards or see them fight?

EricBannen and bonifide like this.
  16. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Liked the first 38 chapters. Can someone point me a similar novel with decent MC. I need to binge read some fantasy ... I need... It...

17. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    harem? how many?

18. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to like the novel but this shit aint nothing but a big ass info dump. Author literally does it for the word count.

19. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    Night Ranger

20. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: He needs to find a better fence if a silver pendant only gets him a bag of rice...

C2: What's with the god-tier stats? Did he bribe the GM to look the other way while he just wrote in whatever stats he felt like?

Why would he assign the xp to Commoner? Is he too addled by the recent coma to realize that it's the worse of the two choices by a very long margin?

Something tells me the glowing magic formations on the pod weren't actually just decorations ;)

It would have been nice if the author hadn't given him such an OP skill right from the start. Hopefully it won't be unlocked any time soon, nor at any super critical time.

C4: If he's out looking for the would-be slavers, then who's protecting his sister from them? He's got no guarantee that they're not smart enough to wait for him to leave the house to hunt them, then swoop in, kidnap her, sell her and use the money to leave town.

C6: He does realize the brushing them off is just going to make them go after his sister right? Or is he a bit dumb?

Ah, that's why he dumped the xp into Commoner. It wasn't enough to do anything for Rouge and he needed the skill points.

So, did he actually steal anything or was he just grinding xp?

C7: Didn't it just say last chapter that rouges were highly disadvantaged against monsters? Why are they suddenly able to solo dungeons easily?

What happened to staying at an inn?

C8: I'd understand of the mercilessness was being attributed to the original Soran's personality bleeding through, but attributing it to the transmigrator just because he was good at killing in a game is a bit stupid. No matter how realistic the game is, it is still just a game and the player knows it. There's a massive psychological difference between killing a video game character in cold blood and doing the same to a living, breathing person.

C9: Originally, I thought she might wind up a priestess or mage. Now, I'm starting to wonder if she'll become a priestess to a dark god, and possibly switch over to worshiping her brother once he's achieved some level of divinity ;)

C10: Isn't he supposed to have perfect recall? Why is he having trouble remembering something?

He really should see to it that Vivian gets a profession that will let her protect herself. He can't always be there for her, and without author intervention, he's also not likely to attract any truly trustworthy subordinates due to his evil alignment.

I'll be pleasantly shocked if he doesn't get something from the cave that is at least Legendary grade, and mildly surprised if it's only Legendary grade.

C12: If it cost that much to become a mage, then how did any player ever manage it? Did they save up the money, stash it on a friend, then suicide until they could reset their avatar and just hope that their friend didn't decide to keep the money or something?

C13: If the crossbow trap can reset itself, then why can't the acid trap? And if the acid trap hadn't reset itself, then why bother wasting half a chapter talking about it and even name the chapter after it?

C14: I thought for sure that the crossbow would one shot it and he'd get a sudden burst of basically free xp to catapult him to level five or thereabouts.

C16: I'm quite surprised that he "only" got +3 attributes and ~300 gold out of the relatively easy dungeon. It's still far too much, but not nearly as much as I was expecting. I wonder if he'll run into any trouble from trying to sell such rare weapons. I'd generally assume that anyone that could afford them wouldn't be willing to pay for them when the seller has no backing.

C17: I wonder if he'll come back for the corpse later. Assuming he can find a reliable black market dealer, he could probably sell the majority of it and use the proceeds to turn the rest into a decent armor.

C18: He doesn't have holy water anymore. Why is he still exploring? Is he just counting on his plot armor to protect him from ghosts?

You can't wear a gauntlet and gloves at the same time as they both cover the hands. Is it meant to be a bracer maybe?

Wasn't the sword's requirement 14 for the snake, but 16 for anything that had to use it as a greatsword (aka: the MC)? Why is he saying that he can wield it with only 14 strength?

C19: I wonder how long it'll take for that lie to bite him in the a**.

Also wonder if he'll start acquiring skills left and right now or continue to focus on those that he's familiar with.

C20: I get the feeling that maybe Vivian's dad was a god.

C21: If the mages are that lax about purchasing stuff then he should definitely go back and harvest that corpse while it's still relatively fresh.

C22: This author really loves to go on pointless tangents.

C25: Sounds like he'll have to kill her dad when her dad comes to "harvest" her. Well, assuming I'm right about her dad being a god anyway.

Actually, I wonder if she's the witch he's trying to avoid. She seems a bit too young for it, but that might not have mattered if her brother dying and her being sold into sexual slavery had triggered her awakening as a malevolent being.

C27: I wonder if he's right about her being a sorcerer and not a god's descendant. If so, I have to wonder if he'll prioritize her awakening ceremony or not.

Also wondering how she's supposed to train if studying and prayer are both pointless for her. Just cast magic constantly? Would that even help? Or should she just hang out in areas with high magic density?

C28: With those stats, it would be criminal for him to not get her a proper magical education. At the very least, he should teach her to read using that spell theory book he got from the dungeon. By the time she's got that down, they'll likely have reached a new town and can try to acquire another book or whatever.

Welp, he was wrong and I was right. I do wonder why her being a god's descendant didn't occur to him though.

Also sounds like she was the witch he was trying to avoid.

C29: What ever happened to repaying that priestess' kindness? I figured he'd give the church a sizable donation on her behalf if nothing else.

C34: The guy who lost an arm got half what Soren did? I mean, I know he helped out a ton with his information, but I don't think it was enough for that big of a cut.

Also, giving the people who were lightly injured more just encourages people to get lightly injured. It's a much better idea to use the money to pay for everyone's treatment and then split the remainder evenly. This would strongly discourage injuries and promote team unity.

C36: If all it took to get to this point was the sacrifice of a few dozen innocent people, then I wonder why they didn't just slaughter a random village outside the walls instead.

C43: I'll be absolutely shocked if he doesn't wind up acquiring that card, and mildly surprised if he doesn't use it himself rather than giving it to his sister.

I wonder why she isn't being detected as the descendant of a god. Is it because she awakened the powers on her own? Or did the god do something to protect her identity that other gods didn't bother to do?

Speaking of his sister, he really should let her learn some basic self-defense. It's not a good idea for her to take on a physical class, but knowing the basics could help her protect herself from weaklings without having to waste her spells. Plus, it doesn't even look like it'd take long for her to learn.

C45: If he knows that human traffickers have noticed her, then why would he even consider leaving her by herself, especially in the slums? At the bare minimum, he should have snuck back into the room after leaving the inn and hung around for an hour or so, just to make sure no one tried anything.

I wonder how she's planning to find him, and if he'll ever be so unforgivably stupid with regards to her safety again.

C46: Ah, going to the merchants was definitely better than trying to find him. Though, it was also definitely a risky move given how suspicious her brother was of the witch.

C48: Why doesn't he choose Wizard as his side profession? He's got like 18 INT as I recall. Two more points and he'll be able to cast magic even after the fall.

Why would he set the whole building on fire? Does he not care if he kills everyone in the slums?

Also, why is he wasting his bolts like that? They weren't exactly cheap and he's going to need them when he goes hunting monsters.

C49: Seriously, why did he start the fire? It was completely unnecessary and caused him a ton of trouble that could easily lead back to Vivian. He's already proven that he doesn't need to do such things to kill a group of gang members.

C51: I wonder why his Parry skill didn't go up. He parried at least four arrows after all. That's gotta be worth something for someone who's only got a rating of 1 in the skill.

C52: An entire chapter devoted to explaining multi-classing, and he didn't actually decide one way or the other about picking up a secondary class. What a f'ing waste of time.

C53: I see now why so many reviews complained about fillers. The last two chapters were almost completely pointless and could have been condensed into one paragraph or less each.

C54:"Every pound of gold grains could be exchanged for roughly 60 to 70 Gold Derahls" Why? 20G is equivalent to 1 lb of pure gold. How would 1 lb of impure gold be worth 3-4 lbs of pure gold? Are the priests of God of Riches blithering idiots or has the author forgotten the value of a gold coin?

He was just thinking, "Man, spell books are so expensive," when suddenly a wizard appears. Gee, I wonder where this is going.

C56: Why would he even consider selling the ring? Even if he doesn't want it for himself, it would be a good gift for his sister.

And there it is. I knew he'd get a spell book out of this somehow. Can't have him actually spending his money on it after all, even if it is well within his means to do so.

C59: It's only been two days and he's almost out of poison. How is he expecting to last an entire week?

C64: I'm guessing he's about to use that scroll. It creates three tentacles and there are three ogres after all. I just wonder if he'll have to mult-class to be allowed to use the scroll.

C65: I wonder if he'll specialize in soul magic or something after this to help offset the increased cost of leveling.

C68: If Able Learner is the only one that can't be acquired without points, and it helps to acquire the others faster, then it seems like a no brainer to pick it, especially since it'll likely also speed up the acquisition of profession xp for Wizard.

C69: Why would he still have profession xp lying around? It only has one possible use, so why not just automatically assign it to the associated profession to reduce the amount of general xp that needs to be wasted when leveling up?

C70: There sure are a lot of ways for the system to take his general xp from him. I wonder how much the cost scales with the level of the spells.

That aside, he has a eidetic memory. Why would he have ever needed a spell book in the first place? After reading them once, he should remember them forever.

C72: This has been bothering me for a while now, but didn't sorcerers need to undergo bloodline awakening to be able to cast spells? Why has no mention been made of that in relation to Vivian?