LCD Acquiring Talent in a Dungeon

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zhen, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saying that someone had to be the first victim doesn't make his actions less evil.

Once again this is why the maybe was there. She was obviously trying to win. That doesn't excuse torturing her. If she was trying to torture the MC for the talent and then planned to carry out the MC's plan of torturing anyone who got in the ring with her then sure she deserved it. If she was just trying to turn things around on the MC to show him not to be a cunt then she probably didn't deserve it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    mrttao likes this.
  2. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His torture could be debatable as something evil. You could choose to beat down as many persons as brutally as possible and receive the same benefits for scaring them all. His spin on doing it probably saved them from even more pain. A few broken fingers can't be worse that the pummeling they'd get if he went all out on them.

barashkafromro likes this.
  3. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not debatable at all. They voluntarily enter the ring to have a fight to the death as per the rules set up by the golem. Thus no amount of people getting killed will equal someone being tortured since torturing had nothing to do with the rules of the game. Also once you die you're brought back fully healed outside of the ring so a quick death isn't too bad.

mrttao likes this.
  4. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm implying that his beatings on them would be more severe than his finger breaking. I'm not referring to the number deaths but what leads up to it with his fist techniques and other means and desires to inflict pain if he was legitimately evil. He choosing a method that's mostly psychologically scarring without violence and excessive effort on his part.

5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It would have still ended much more quickly. On top of that there's the mental trauma created from being helplessly tortured that also wouldn't have been there if he just killed them in a regular fight. For example having someone dripping drops of water on your forehead would be irritating but not too bad. However, if they tied you down before dripping the water on your forehead it becomes a very effective torture.

mrttao likes this.
  6. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    It ending slowly and them being helpless is still very possible with this Ravenous fist and other means of over powering them. It's like a high pressure hose blasting on your forehead vs slow dripping on your forehead. He could also have used potions to sustain their health while doing even more awful things. This wraps back regarding his intent and how the talent was generated to compliment it and his success. He probably would have gotten a "True Evil" talent if he was more extreme while getting off on the torture and reactions of the spectators.

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you even arguing right now? We were talking about them dying in a normal battle vs being tortured being more damaging. Now you're talking about torture A vs torture B.

mrttao likes this.
  8. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm making the distinction between False and True evil. I was never talking about them in a normal battle.

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The normal battle would be him fighting and killing them normally in the ring.

mrttao likes this.
  10. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I can tell you are simply ascribing to protagonist centered morality. "it's not evil because the MC did it."

Astaroth likes this.
  11. Radon Stone

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not evil due to the talent that was given to him is solely determined by his intentions and success of said intentions. Clearly the writer isn't GOAT but the subject of what constitutes as evil varies, depending on what other awful things could have happened and intent, to deserve the theorized "true evil" talent. Obviously the torture is a bad thing but not all cruel actions can be considered evil.

12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "because the author said so" is not a good counter argument to "the author messed up"

His intent was to benefit himself by performing an act he considered "always evil" to get rewards

Astaroth likes this.
  13. Pandora Exa

Pandora Exa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he is like leylin from WMW but less evil now..
    anyway this novel is good, i like when the mc is not a coward and think logically...;);)

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're putting too much stock in his intentions here. The reason he got the skill called False Evil isn't because he had good intentions. It's because the talent is to plant the impression of being evil. So it's called False Evil because it's an acting skill. It helps you act evil. The MC's intentions were not pure. He wanted to use fear to intimidate people into not challenging him for benefits. That's textbook evil. This isn't some shades of grey issue.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Astaroth and mrttao like this.
  15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, I wonder how deep he will sink for benefits

Pandora Exa likes this.
  16. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Every chapter it just gets more and more obvious that the Author will most probably fuck up the entire novel at some point.

Fluctuating personality, internal inconsistency, new random stuff being added like a god from another world, crazy highschooler is somehow immortal, she love the MC for not raping her even though she would be dead after he thought he killed her if not for said immortality, and of course she made the MC a fucking bento...

It probably won't take too long until the Author realises he's been adding to much random crap and completely reshuffle the novel so the MC start over or whatever.

mrttao likes this.
  17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he actually hit her. The goblin attacked before he did.

18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    “S… Sorr… Really… Really sorr…” I accepted the apology as I formed a fist.

Jaengurang.

Wuk.

I was in shock for a moment. My whole head felt wet. Fragments of broken glass feel to the ground.

I turned to look, and there was a goblin pharmacist at the entrance of the tent. There was apparently one left, but there was nothing wrong with my body.
    Hmm, I guess you're right. At least it doesn't explicitly say that he punched her.

I thought that "Jaengurang" was some kind of punching sound effect and afterwards I thought it was being implied that it was unexpected that she is still alive.

e.g.

"I looked back and saw the schoolgirl. She was fine." (Why wouldn't she be fine if he didn't attack her?)

and later next chapter when she explains her power: “The speed is slow but if my head is fine, I won’t die…” (Seems like an explanation to how come she's still alive.)

Could totally be that he never punched to finish her off now that you mentioned it though. But regardless it's still absurd.

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    He's surprised that she's fine because the last time he saw her she was half dead from being tortured and experimented on. Now she's perfectly fine.

Forming an emotional attachment to the guy who saved you seems a bit absurd but it also seems like something that probably happens in real life. Stockholm Syndrome would sound absurd as well if someone explained it to you but it's a real thing.[/spoiler]

zeus and Astaroth like this.
  20. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well think about it, she was probably almost raped at one point in that dungeon, and next thing you know she's kidnapped and put through hellish torture just for the guy she accused of rape saving her, and he didn't torture/rape her, he softly said he's ending her life. Like cmon. She's just a high school kid, so for her to be infatuated with him is kinda normal in that circumstance. And overall he doesn't treat her like shit after keeping her around...