Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild: Frontier (Freeform Roleplay)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though Ylae had clearly her what that fiery girl, Ruby, shouted. A sigh escaped her mouth-- perhaps it was truly time to leave this town. Bandits then your friendly fiery ferocious friend? That seemed unwise to remain here. Although, now she had enough money to live comfortably and could wander in the town with her eyes closed. That would be a shame to throw away the time, blood, and tears she invested.

Regardless, if she wished to stay, there was no choice but to cower and head towards Ruby with a carefree look. As if there was nothing to be worried about, Ylae appeared in front of ruby with a casual smile.
    "Sorry, sorry, I can't tell the time. I wish I could get a portable sundial of some sort! I ended up spending too much time picking herbs~"

Should she comment on the matter of burning to a crisp? A few seconds passed after that thought popped up, that would be a bit awkward to mention it.

2. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mm, alright then." Despite still being a bit skeptical, I gloss over it and ask the girl a question. "Since I'll be training you today, I have some important questions to ask. Do you use a weapon? If you do, what kind? Do you favor speed, power, or defense? Are you capable of magic? Ranged attacks or close quarters combat? What kinds of wounds stop you from fighting at your maximum potential?" Taking a breath, I realize I'm asking too many questions at once. Not wanting to overwhelm the poor creature, I slow down.

"Sorry about that. You don't need to answer everything right now."

Naraku likes this.
  3. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "You don't have to be sorry for I already have the answer to all of your questions~"
    Ylae took a deep breath, took a few steps back, and replied with a smile.
    "I have no idea!"

Truthfully, while she did it on purpose, she quickly corrected herself and changed her answer as smoothly as possible.
    "Jokes aside, I do not know how to wield any weapons, therefore close quarters-combat!"
    That was the first answer, thus she has no idea.
    "Uh... I favor nothing I suppose since I rarely fight... though I'd rather avoid defense."
    So far, she still has no idea.

"As for magic... Body Enhancement I suppose? It influences everything. I can easily carry twice to thrice what a normal worker carry? Not to the same extent though. For instance, my hearing did not get much better but my sense of smell may be... a bit too reliable."
    Surprisingly, she provided a clear answer. At the very least, it was much better than the previous answers.

"And finally... I have no idea! I always avoid to be wounded!"
    Back to a more Ylae-like answer.

AliceShiki, Siostar and Fossil like this.
  4. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmm...body enhancement, close quarters, and no weapon experience. I can work with that. Since you want to avoid getting hit, I'd imagine a speed build would be best for you." I said as I pondered her words, ignoring her first response. "However, since you have no weapon experience, would you like some? Or do you prefer your punches and kicks?" Since she had even less experience than I thought, I had a practically blank mold to work with. I could see her taking two paths, a fast-paced brawler or a swashbuckler.

Either way she should be able to make some noticeable improvements soon. And I...well, I get a punching bag! Someone I can use to practice my magic, along with the little swordplay I learned from Blaiz. She'll probably get wounded but...fire does cauterize wounds, so it should be fine!

I'm definitely not holding a grudge against her being late and a likely cause in Blaiz's injuries! Definitely not!

Naraku and Siostar like this.
  5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that she did not react at all to her previous stunt simply worried her, fearing that she will retaliate under the pretense of training.
    "I think... I will stick to punches and kicks, training with weapons would likely take too much time after all. I'd rather get this done quickly."
    In order to slack off as soon as possible, that is. Also to avoid Ruby, for she had a bad feeling when she was nearby as if she ran the risk of getting burnt anytime. Usually, Ylae was not too far from the mark with this kind of matter.

"Anyway, a speed build sounds good!"
    Before she forgot, there was something that was worth mentioning, at least according to her.
    "Oh, I have some experience sneaking 'round, not sure how useful that can be."
    Although, perhaps, that could give a wrong impression of her.

Fossil likes this.
  6. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    “Hm. Sneaking around too, huh? Okay, I can work with that, maybe for some other time.” Smiling, I thought about all of the fun we could have together. Since she’s speed oriented, there’s the most basic of basics to start out with, after all!

“Well then, I suppose we’ll get started. Ah, and do tell me your name whenever you can. In between screams works too!” Cracking my knuckles, I coat my fists in fire. Definitely to cauterize her wounds and nothing more!

Grinning gleefully, and with a tinge of madness in my eyes, I walk close to the girl before suddenly throwing a punch right at her chest. “DODGE!”

Naraku likes this.
  7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Undoubtedly, Ylae could not react in time and dodge the punch. However, she still blocked it with her forearm, thus mitigating the impact of it. Nonetheless, there was no way she could extinguish the flames whatsoever. Therefore, that scorched her skin.

"Ack!"
    Of course, she knew where Ruby was coming from by starting out of nowhere. But what is the point of saying "DODGE!" after throwing the punch? That might be what angered her the most.
    "Ylae! That's my name!"
    Unfortunately, she had no idea whether she should counter-attack or not. A low kick was an idea she thought of, hitting on the knee. Whether that was practical or not, she had no idea. Either way, the fire is unnecessary. Thus, counter-attacking it is.

Fossil likes this.
  8. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Anticipating the kick, I step to the side while saying, “That’s how you dodge~,” in a sing-song voice. You see, a good fighter should always keep their cool and never fly off the handle in a fit of rage! Just like me!

Still smiling, I coat my left foot in flames as I spin around Ylae, kicking at her during the spin. Right behind it, as it was a feint, I throw another punch at her with my left fist towards her chest while screaming. “NOW DODGE, GIRLIE!” Some may call my methods crazy, which they are, but I’ll be damned if they’re not fu- effective!

I really hope that she gets triggered by me not even using her name after just hearing it. It’s just so much fun to tease people!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  9. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I may be a scholar, but unlike you, I have no interest in common folklore. There are far more pressing matters that need my concern," Edea harshly responds to Lothar, unwilling to play along with him.

She watches him with a small frown on her face as Lothar proceeds to take a sip from the drink. Unknown to possibly all but herself, Edea quite prefers a sweet taste over essentially anything else. Which is the reason she swapped her wine with grape juice at all the banquets she attended before fleeing for her life. So her mental reaction to his speech about its virtues and him drink is only - how can someone drink that voluntarily?

Not that she would ever admit that. So she resorts to simple excuses, her lies covered up by her naturally stony pokerface: "I would rather drink water than some herbal concoction attributed with strange powers by folktales."

"As for the knowledge I wish to spread - I would not see it limited. From the locally found herbs, recipes that use them, over architecture, magic, and swordsmanship to military tactics and efficient bureaucracy," her voice seems to grow just a little sterner at the end of the list, "I wish to eventually have a library containing all of those, readily available for all that might need it."

10. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Failing to touch her, Ylae realized what was the issue-- that she did not stop her from moving. Truthfully, when Ruby spun around, Ylae thought she was going to send another punch-- though it turned out to be a kick, then it became a punch again. Regardless, now that the surprise subsided, Ylae was able to properly react. Instead of merely dodging, she seized Ruby's left wrist and pulled it towards her.

What followed, however, she did not know. The only thing she thought of was restricting Ruby's freedom by grasping her wrist, thus make use of her momentum. But what is next? There is an opening! But any idea that passed through her mind was a bit too dangerous. Hitting anywhere on the face is not exactly a good idea in training. Aiming somewhere else felt like a waste of an opportunity.

In the end, she just lets loose of her grip and steps back. Though, she needed to say something--
    "Fire is unnecessary for training!"
    --though if Ruby continues to coat herself with fire during training, Ylae will forget about the 'training' part of this bout.

Fossil likes this.
  11. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "Fire is necessary for cauterization of the inevitable wounds!" I shouted as I grinned menacingly at Ylae. I am a bit sad that she let me go, though. It would have been so much fun to flip her over while she thought I was restrained! Ah well, instead of that, I should pay attention to my body's current condition.

As the fight progressed I noticed my body was slowly losing its form, becoming more like a living flame. Perhaps it was due to my excitement caused by the battle? Either way, my skin was glowing red with heat. My hair was flickering as it waved in the wind, and I looked at my fists which were ever so slightly transparent. I wonder, could I attack through her, missing intentionally?

Eyes flickering with that evil thought in mind, I stepped inside of Ylae's reach and attempted a chop down through her body, aiming to grab her left leg.

Naraku likes this.
  12. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Bullshit! That's only for cuts!"
    Unfortunately, it did not seem that common sense could reach Ruby's thoughts. Therefore, Ylae had two choices-- to counterattack and break a few things, though a few burns are expected, thus more medicine to prepare for herself. When those words left her mouth, her eyes noticed that Ruby's figure seemed... unstable. As if she was losing her materiality. Of course, there is a solution to everything.

Thus, instead of counter-attacking once again, Ylae simply started running away, which is fairly simple. Breaking a few bones would have been a marvelous idea-- if she were guaranteed to succeed. That was far from being the case.

Fossil and Ddraig like this.
  13. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    “If I punch fast enough it will cut! Now come back and fight me, coward!” Saying that, I launched a ball of fire in front of Ylae as I ran to catch up with her.

Was I going over board by using magic in a melee duel? Yes. Did it feel good to relieve my stress on an unwilling victim? Also yes.

Ignoring the complaints of Ylae as I chase after her, I shoot more flames behind myself in an effort to speed up.