LCD Against the Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saitama, Nov 9, 2015.

1. RennasS

RennasS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what is YC power now?
    I read via ggtl and it translated as God King.
    But YC had refine 2 drop of blood and train new dark art so he should be God emperor, right?

2. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    hes divine king level 1 and Mars says his realm won’t go up for a long time. That being said, everything else is gonna power up and the other seeds will be found.

3. random9997

random9997 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mars just needs to have him get all the seeds already and have YC unlock that special power that he would get when the inheritance is complete.

Zombielord likes this.
  4. Zombielord

Zombielord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are high

5. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    nope....u wont be getting my mail id.....be looking forward to pay wall in the future....
    Capture.JPG

6. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That bothered me yesterday also, it's forcing you to make an account when you don't want to, People would say it's free so what's the harm but it's still being forced. Made me just use a different website to read the novels where it's not forcing me to make an account.

Z__SKULL likes this.
  7. notafan

notafan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IDK about "wanking the "greatness" of his own ideas", I sorta feel like it's the opposite. My personal theory is that Mars Gravity got tired of writing AtG a long ago but realized it was also too much of a cash cow to not keep going so he's trying to prolong it while at the same time still keeping enough MELODRAMA and Yun Che banging hot chicks to keep his core fanbase happy. Him getting a full blown family to support during the course of writing AtG also likely contributed to this decision since it's not likely that his next novel would be as big of a hit as AtG.

I think this for two reasons:

1. His author notes have become more and more negative of Yun Che as this series went on. This was especially apparent in the latter stages of the GR arc where basically every author note consists of the author snarking at Yun Che for being useless and relying on his "thighs". Obviously some of it is for humor's sake but he seems to be aware of the problems Yun Che has as a MC which also shows some basic awareness that his story is going off the rails given that 99% of AtG revolves around Yun Che.

2. While past Mars stories had the standard Mars Gravity flaws (overuse of Xuanhuan cliches, very questionable treatment of women, a bloated harem, a stupid twist that comes out of nowhere) he generally had good pacing for a Xuanhuan author and didn't drag out his stories needlessly. He definitely never jerked around his past MCs in the way that he does with Yun Che which shows that he could write a decently paced power fantasy story if he wanted to.

Gin_Hindew likes this.
  8. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it can be the case but im talking about stuff that has been there,like yun che saying he has "the experience of two lifetimes" but still failing to see obvious stuff like not recognizing his family in the demon realm or those "a pinky toe so luscious it could drive men crazy"

9. Z__SKULL

Z__SKULL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made an account just to finish some of the stories already done...but yeah i might not be reading much from them anymore. *sigh*

I didn't have ad block so they got something out of me. but forced sigh up leaves a sour taste in my mouth and piracy might be the cure

10. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    is Mars trying to act like BB is some tragic bitch?

11. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be or how else would he fit her into the harem?

12. notafan

notafan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TBF Mars brain is programmed to have every single "heaven defying beauty" in his stories join the harem so BB not joining the harem and just staying as a enemy was never a option in his mind. Mars must have struggled many weeks over the decision of retconning her backstory to fit her into the harem or raping her into the harem.

It's a shame too since she was a ok villain, especially relative to AtG's low standards but Mars gonna do Mars things.

13. Arcelia

Arcelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wanted messages/posters where? Northern god realm? Why would they care about a criminal from the other god realms when they would all be considered the same? As for the rest of the realms, they are devoting resources. Even more than when they were looking for the evil infant.

14. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ATGs biggest flaw is YC. The rest is garbage as well. But nothing is quite as bad as YC. Overpowered characters are fine. Paragon characters are fine. Classic hero characters are fine. Villains as protagonists are fine. But Yun Che is what happens if you take the negative aspects of all of them and fuse them into an ungodly abomination of trashiness. And to make matters worse the universe bends around YC. So not only is he a dumpsterfire, but he also turns everything around him into a dumpsterfire as well.
    How long has it been since I saw such an unlikeable and inconsistent shit stain as a main character? I can't remember anything even remotely as bad. He is hypocritic, nasrcistic, overpowered beyond any reasonable level and has a personality that is just the worst. He is also a bloody retard. And I'm saying that as a man. I don't wanna know how much more girls hate him.

-Every female character of notable looks ever instantly doormats and drops 150 IQ the moment she sees him. His behaviour is inexcusable and even his supposed wives would have left him long ago in favour of someone else (or nobody, let's be real) due to it. If they were not overglorified fleshlights for mars.

-Lolis.

-He gets rekt left and right despite his absurd powers, but survives anyway. Even if the enemy has plenty of reason to outright purge him off the map. His luck (/plot armour) is insane. The amount of sheer coincidences is fucking retarded. And for some reason his overinflated ego is still not shrinking.

-To make matters worse many of his powers are of a passive nature and require zero thinking to use. Elemental immunities are not interesting as power. Neither are power boosters. They only exist to highlight him as fate's chosen. And many of them are given, not earned. The ones he (l-)earned are a different mess alltogether since these tests are just another dumb power fantasy. The dragon and phoenix are dumb as fuck to even consider giving him their powers. As is the golden crow.

-His personality is inconsistent af. He used to be reasonably smart. You know, before chapter 150ish. Now he runs it down, screaming "Leeeeeeroy" while being at it. His dick is doing the rest of the thinking for him. He is clearly a leecher with zero moral standards. Why did he turn down fucking the elites of the ice sect? (Why said elites didn't straight up leave the sect over this is another meme worthy bs, ngl). Because Mars wanted to make this shit stain look slightly less degenerate for one second.

-Don't get me started on the "Useless totally not blood related aunt of the same age suddenly gets a god tier inheritance" asspull. The fact that these asspulls have gotten so predictable that you only need to look at the arc title to know the rough plot lines inbetween speaks volumes.

-Their arts are so PROFOUND that the dumbest brick in the deepest sinkhole of retardedness could do better than the shaved apes using them.

-Jasmine is literally so hot that a bunch of old geezers get a raging boner over a 13-year old brat.

And the list goes on and on and on. Listing the negative aspects takes way too long. So let's do it in reverse: We list the positive things:
    [ ]

Yep, thats roughly how much the novels gets right.

Gin_Hindew and Fluffy Jellyfish like this.
  15. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally someone with same opinion as mine that the one dragging down the entire series is the MC

Does every Mars novel's MC a carbon copy of YC?

16. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite. ATG is at the bottom of the barrel. But YC is the drill needed to truly hit rock bottom.

Also, imo all of this authors stories are just copy and paste from each other. The same garbage all over again.

17. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    W8, I thought you are the one literally defending every CN harem novels out there?

18. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC from Shuras Wrath is much better

19. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    from what standpoint? I just avoid Mars novel entirely because of how shit YC is

20. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing with YC and ATG is that the world building is shit. Originally there where 9 realms. YC was usually dealing with people he could handle. But when he got to the snow smog realm everything went to shit since there were like a hundred people who were 5 great realms higher than him. 2 people 6 realms higher and 1 7 realms higher. And from then everyone who fucked him was strong enough to kill him easily. He was forced to act like a little bitch for a long time