Discussion Age of Adepts is back!

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Crunchkips, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Crunchkips

Crunchkips Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone, I'm Eris, the translator who is currently translating Age of Adepts!

So, I know this is kinda late since it's been out for awhile, but I figured some fans who followed it might have missed the news and not be informed. In short, Age of Adepts has been picked up and translation has continued!

It's picked up by Gravity Tales, so you can read Age of Adepts over there.

(I can't link posts yet cause I'm a noob at this ;-; so just do a little google work I'm sorry)

I hope my translation will be good enough for the readers, and thank you for the support!

As for anyone else who hasn't read the series, and is looking to pick up a good novel to read, I highly recommend this one!

Synopsis:
    A data loving young man from Earth has an accident which transports him to a dark land filled with terrifying creatures and magical powers. Fortunately for him, he has a Biological Assistance Chip to ease his path. However, things in this bizarre and strange world are not always as they seem, and, though it is a tremendous asset, the chip doesn’t always work as expected. With all of the crazy creatures and magical mayhem around him, one can only wonder what the future holds for this young man…

Personal Note:
    I know this series is often compared to other novels about magic and warlocks and what not (looking at you WMW) but personally I enjoy the series because it does have fairly distinct qualities that make it a good read.

In particular, the series takes on a fairly dark and mature tone while doing an amazing job at world-building. The details put into almost every aspect of the world, as well as the tone in which the author does it in makes you feel like it's an extremely realistic and believable world. Of course, it is almost always very descriptive and chunky details which is why I see a lot of complaints about it being slow-paced and boring.

It's precisely the slower pace that makes character development much more believable and makes it a thrill to find out more about the world itself. The plot also gets increasingly better and larger in scale as the story progresses, so don't give up if you find the first couple of chapters a little boring!

And honestly, the favorite part of this novel for me is that it's not as trope-filled as your usual Chinese webnovel, (which I'd say is pretty amazing,) so the style and plot is fairly refreshing.

Oh god, I splurged a little on that recommendation. Now I feel like a shameless self-promoter. But yea, I really do like this novel, and I hope you guys can enjoy it as well!

Enjoy!

Of course, if you have any requests or changes you want to see in terms of translation quality, just let me know!

-Eris

2. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, at least i know the translation quality and english will be superb.

3. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    good job,
    good luck,

hope to see alot from you,
    tehee~

4. Chibi

Chibi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good job

5. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just in time, i picked this up a few weeks ago and as soon as i got toward the end of the releases, more came out. You've got great timing

6. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel was pretty mediocre until he became an Adept. I just dont like somethings the author does with Greem or w/e his real translated name is. Sometimes this novel reminds me of The Wizard World where the MC has a cheat but they literally have no knowledge of basic shit sometimes.

Either way I'm glad it's back and hope it's get better. I already dropped The Wizard World.

7. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only someone careless will compare it to WMW because in truth WMW's author just outright copied this and many other stories into his own writing. Like Frankenstein's body WMW is a graft upon graft merely edited parts and ideas of other stories. The confusion is there because WMW was translated before this.
    Love AoA ever since I found it but favorite part would be when he was a rank 3 apprentice somehow felt most worked out and polished.

8. Crunchkips

Crunchkips Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I lean towards Grimm (lol) but any change of names will come later. It does get better when he becomes more powerful. Y'know, if you wanna start scheming and do awesome shit you need a base amount of power.

9. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Just be honest they all copy each other. For all we know since most of us don't know Chinese, we don't know who really started the A.I. chip thing. Some reason WMW gets a lot of hate on this forum. lol.

Yeah it's just beginning he's saved by so much plot armor by his dumb decisions it got on my nerves. I'm at the point I'm tired of most reincarnated stories if the MC is going to keep doing stupid stuff. Too bad the other wizard story was dropped all because of that shit of a group translated group butchered it. I heard it was better than AoA, WMW, and TWW.

10. Crunchkips

Crunchkips Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I'll try and keep up the frequent releases haha.

11. Crunchkips

Crunchkips Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea i get what u mean, but I think the plot armor is relatively better than other series. It's a lot less Deus Ex Machina, with much more explanation and looking at the perspectives of the enemies.

Anyway, it does get better afterwards and I really hope you find it entertaining!

Oh, and what's the wizard story that was dropped? Sounds interesting.

12. Crunchkips

Crunchkips Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's the part where's he starts to shine so it's super satisfying to read!

13. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    A Sorcerer's Journey if somebody translate it would probably have to start from the beginning. The horrible translators decided to summarize some info instead of translate it. They also gave character weird names like giving a cat name Garfield when you MTL it says black cat. I just highly doubt that translate to Garfield in English. lol. From the beginning the MC seems to have more potential then the other MCs and he's not reincarnated. I think I hate reincarnation in Virtual Reality games more than anything.

14. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oppps, I didn't see this thread~
    Anyway that's great that the translation is back.. Though now it means that one day, I should get back on.reading ~

15. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's already in my reading list so I will start reading it some time soon~

16. emry

emry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey @Crunchkips for the last 3 days no update something happened

17. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume that Wizard's World did it first, as it is the first one to be published.
    WMW get that much hate?
    I think they differ a lot later on.
    I suggest reading magical throne of arcana, it's similar to wizard world but with an even weirder cheat. ( A library within his mind )

18. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah WMW gets a lot of hate. People hate Leylin with a passion lol. They want him to be a hero when nobody in CN novels are heroes lol.

Magical Throne of Arcana I tried it a long time ago and got sick of it. I think that's the one with the church in supreme power or some shit. I'm sick of novels focusing on the church especially magic ones.

GDLiZy likes this.
  19. CantThinkOfAName

CantThinkOfAName Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me where I can read the early chapters of this novel?
    The NovelUpdates early chapters are linked to a site called Untouchable Fly but when I click it, it redirects to Webnovel/Qidian (which from I can tell doesn't even have the novel...)
    Even the early chapters from AoA translations site are linked there for some reason, only their new site appears to be working.

I found sites that have the early chapters but they dont include some things like pics/images? In chapter 3 Tony's attributes are supposed to be projected but none of the sites I checked show the stats. I'm guessing they only got the original text.

So looking for a site with everything included. Private/Direct message (if thats possible on this site) if you don't want it here.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020