Spoiler Akuyaku Reijou, Shomin ni Ochiru

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sinistertwist, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title: Akuyaku Reijou, Shomin ni Ochiru
    Japanese: 悪役令嬢、庶民に堕ちる
    English: The Villainess Became a Commoner

Synopsis:

An ordinary office worker was suddenly killed one day and when he wakes up he finds himself in the body of Kisaragi Kotone, an egotistic and affluent young lady who had just been disowned by her family. After inheriting the life of a girl who is despised by everyone around her, he makes a decision to live a normal life. However, because of Kotone's reputation, he finds that his goal will be difficult to achieve.

Syosetu: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n3003cw/
    MangaDex: https://mangadex.org/title/51497/akuyaku-reijou-shomin-ni-ochiru

Status in COO: 165 chapters (ongoing)

Spoil away please! I'm reading some machine translations, but any other spoilers would be great!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Rin.rinaaa and Oof_Ash.Here like this.
  2. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 pot that's one interesting ml I mean fl wait which is it??:blobrofl:

3. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure either! There doesn't seem to be a potential ML in the chapters I've read so far. But definite potential FL!

4. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, here's what I know so far, by using Google Translate:

Our MC is a male office worker who has reincarnated into the body of a spoiled rich girl. Prior to his reincarnation he was harassed for having a beautiful face and received sexual harassment, plus was generally treated poorly by his coworkers in general. He believes he dies because he was poisoned by a coworker who gave him some food one night when he was working his typical OT.

So back to reincarnation:

The MC comes to in the hospital and realizes that he's now a teenage girl. This freaks him out, but he somewhat gets over it. Sorta. I think it's his past having a girlish face that helped him kind of deal with it. He manages to recall the OC's memories, that she was a terrible person and her family eventually got sick of it and threw her out. Against the protests of a nurse, MC checks herself out of the hospital (going to use female pronouns from here on out) and tries to figure out what she's going to do. She has some allowance (about $450 US if I remember my calculations correctly) but she knows that will run out quickly, so she decides to find a part-time job and seek permission from her school. She lucks into finding a job at a local eatery, as the store owner takes pity on her. She is also taken in by a nurse (not sure if same person from hospital since the translations were a bit weird). It seems like they were surprised that she was so polite and nice, as apparently her prior trashy personality was fairly well known. MC seeks permission for the job from her parents and the school, who are pretty flabbergasted that she hasn't come crawling back to beg to be let back in or ask for more money. The school is also pretty amazed at the personality difference.

MC moves in with the nurse, who takes to her quite quickly, particularly since MC cooks and cleans for her. She even takes to calling MC her waifu/wifey. When it comes time to return to school, people are initially shocked at her new personality. A new? student who is to sit beside her becomes a friend and I believe a male student does as well. Again, GT didn't translate this as cleanly as I'd like. (Plus it's been a couple of days since I read this.) MC also tries to start gaining muscle/endurance since the OC was a creampuff when it came to physical fitness. Not fat, just not a lot of stamina.

Since her new situation is pretty widely known, the inevitable bullies come crawling out of the woodwork. Some of the teachers are the most blatant ones, particularly a PE teacher who refuses to take it easy on her and forces her to run on a sprained ankle to the point where it's incredibly swollen. This garners her a lot of pity from her fellow students, who are somewhat taken with her new personality.

Another bully is a former "friend" (FF) who is stated to have made OC's character particularly awful. MC notes that her personality was already pretty warped, but that FF was the one who made her act all old school bully villainess. FF pulls a lot of traditional high school villainess stuff, like taking her books, destroying her lunch, and so on. Some of this backfires since the other students end up giving her food and sharing with MC when she needs stuff. It ultimately culminates in MC getting pushed down the stairs by FF (or someone she controls), which causes MC to finally retaliate by taking this to the principal.

The principal is initially hesitant to take any action since MC was thrown out of her house and FF is from a powerful family. Basically, he doesn't think that MC's family (which is more powerful than FF's) will defend her and by extension, protect him from retribution. Surprise though - MC's family does decide to get involved since they are a little impressed by her complete turnaround, as her mother comes to defend her.

Afterwards MC kind of hands the mom her tuckus on a plate. Per the OC's memories, MC notes that the mother never really spoke to or interacted with OC and as a result, she began to avoid her mother. Her father didn't really show any interest in her either, despite OC trying to reach out to him. Also, apparently OC's personality was a common issue in the mother's? family, which makes her think that her twin siblings (boy, girl) may have the same issue as well.

Basically she tells her mom off, saying that she should have actually put in some effort to scold and talk to OC/her. She may not have stopped, but it would've been better than just mechanically scolding her without emotion. She also mentions the father's disinterest and that it was messed up for mom to defend the father like she has. She also highly criticizes her for not having a support network for OC and that they chucked her out into the cold with only limited funds - what did they think was going to happen? Did they think that any possible good could come out of that situation?

In the following discussion it's revealed that the mom was aware of MC/OC being in the hospital and wanted to go, but was stopped by the dad. They sort of reconcile and I think that the nurse? that MC's living with was a friend of the mother's? I'm not too sure about the translation of all of this. Someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong. Basically, mom is going to be more supportive (I think) and a maid comes to live with MC and nurse.

6. TheGodEmperor

TheGodEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anymore spoilers ? :O

7. Zorkas

Zorkas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did someone translate the og novel?

8. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my kingdom for some spoilers.

9. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoil me plz

10. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely would appreciate some more spoilers. I'm curious what happens to the dead beat dad and the teachers that added to the bullying.