Spoiler An Ice Lamp / 얼음램프

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, Apr 29, 2022.

1. dunnoperson_

dunnoperson_ was reading your spoiler

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Manhwa/Webtoon Cover:
    [​IMG]

Associated Titles:

얼음램프
    얼음램프 - 기라 연대기
    An Ice Lamp
    Ice Lamp - Gira Chronicles
    Author:
    최서완 (Seo-Wan Choi)
    Year:
    Completed (5 volumes, 125 Chapters) - Revision
    Official Novel (Korean Version):
    Naver Series Rate, 9.6/10
    RidiBooks Rate, 4.6/5
    Kakaopage Rate, 10/10
    Official Manhwa/Webtoon:
    Kakaopage
    Comico Korea
    Lezhin
    Naver Series
    English - Ice Lamp - The Chronicles of Kira
    Artist:
    도그

DESCRIPTION: MTL

She is a 14-year-old smart girl who was raised as a boy. Thinking about whether to leave the monastery empty or become a slave to the nobility, the transcendent Maharita offers to plant her eggs in her body and grant her wishes in return for showing the fully swollen moonlight each time.

After accepting Maharita's suggestion, she had a man's voice for 10 years. There are even a lot of ladies and knights who have to fight, and even a magician holding her ankle...

Gira, a spunky 14-year-old girl raised as a boy. The transcendental being Mar Harita, who is troubled by not being able to choose whether to leave the monastery empty-handed or become a slave to the great nobles, in return for planting her own egg in her body and showing it full moonlight every time offers to grant her wish.

Gira, who accepted Mar Harita's offer and had a male voice for 10 years. Aura has many ladies and knights to fight, but even a magician holding an ankle to a strange object is tormenting him...
    -
    Seowan Choi's romance fantasy novel "Ice Lamp" depicts the adventures of Gira without a carefree day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder
    Official Manhwa/Webtoon:
    [​IMG]
    Platform: Netcomics

Summary:

A girl passing as a boy, fourteen-year-old Kira is left to fend for herself alone in this world. During a crucial turning point in her life she makes a pact with a mystical entity in return for a male voice; this grants her to step into a bigger world by becoming a servant to a grand noble. From a commoner to a page boy, to a knight that leads others to battle, Kira matures through enduring agony and education. However, she's a mere pawn, an expendable being in the chess match between powerful men without any control over her own destiny. With no one to count on, can our heroine be able to change the fate others have chosen for her?

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  3. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CAMPING!!!!!

dunnoperson_ likes this.
  4. millieeee

millieeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. dunnoperson_

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she really died in the end. Some of the readers feel disappointed, and some of them didn't understand it, seems like it blurb to them. But still, they give the novel 4/5 ratings..

"Gira suffered a lot, but I desperately want to see the second part where Gira lives freely and gets to know herself, not tied to a body..."
    "Overall, the ending was developed too quickly, so I read it without fear, but is it really true? Are you imagining this?? It was like this. It was a bit disappointing and absurd, but I understood after reading the comments. I understood, but anyway, this is the end.. It's just a storyline for the end.. (It feels like the conclusion was suddenly thrown away rather than dissatisfied..) I took one star off. It's perfect for those who like growing things. The worldview is so clear that it can be difficult to immerse yourself in it, but only then is it a true fantasy. It is also said that the author's intention and composition are much stronger than the too obvious worldview. But I don't think this book is a true romance. Romance is just a subject, where is romance without a male lead?"
    "The last sudden development came to mind. However, considering the situation in which the author could not publish the scheduled 2nd part and should have finished the story in a rush in the revised version, it was a convincing development. This is the conclusion the author envisioned. The last scene brought tears to my eyes. Still, she has people around who want to be with Gira, and she wants to go with someone who will care for her for the rest of her life. She wants to watch her journey behind her, but she thinks that Gira will be happy and not lonely, and her regrets are put aside. I read the ice lamp for the first time 6 or 7 years ago and forgot about it, but I suddenly remembered Gira's story as if it had been fondly left behind. I'm glad I'm still able to read the ending that I haven't read before. It's a story I want to read over and over, but I don't think I'll be able to read it again for a while. It hurts my heart to see Gira, who burned and melted like an ice lamp, and the people who loved her...
    There is almost no direct romance, but it seems like it's been a while since I've read a novel that touched my heart only with the author's writing skills and the main character's narrative."
    "It was heartbreaking for me that the ending was rushed, but it was good because it felt comfortable in Gira's life, where she couldn't breathe without a break.
    It's in my top five books out of the books I've read."
    "I like the ending before the revised version more, but this is because Gira is alive..
    Like an old fantasy novel, she is a limited protagonist, and because of the constraint that she is a commoner, she can unfold her abilities differently from the main characters of Lee Gokwa as she pleases. I think that the characteristic and strength of the ice lamp is that it does not go as the main character wants.
    So, in fact, I feel that killing the emperor is political after all, but I don't think the emperor is a villain. Although he appeared very few and was an enemy of the Bashark family, he had no sign of being a tyrant. So it feels like Gira was deceived up to that point, but it feels like a sad ending that suits Gira. It's also a pity that Gira lost everything she had built up and all her hard work and returned to being her little child. I'm glad Gira is alive though.. I hope she's happy."
    "<Revision | 1 Ice Lamp>
    I read the 1st book for free without much expectation, but this is a huge hit.
    It's still closer to an orthodox fantasy than a romance, but it's very well crafted in the plot and has a unique worldview, so it's exciting.
    Although it is close to a medieval orthodox fantasy, I hardly feel the dark and dark energy of a general medieval fantasy.
    If you receive a 10% discount coupon, you will purchase and read the entire volume.
    <Revision | Ice Lamp Volume 5 (Complete)>
    I did not understand why this article was written on the romance side. Romance is about 1% out of all 5 books. But if you look at it as a fantasy, it's quite a masterpiece.
    Originally, I heard that this book had more content, but it was completed in a hurry due to the circumstances of the publisher. ㅠㅠ
    For that reason, the last volume is a bit fussy while collecting rice cakes in a hurry. This is quite unfortunate. Even if there are about 5 more books, I'm willing to pay for it and buy it..."

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  6. Agavadon

Agavadon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilers :aww:

dunnoperson_ likes this.
  7. dunnoperson_

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
    Tiis_Ganda and your crush like this.
  8. shampoofaeryyy

shampoofaeryyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there any possibility of the manhwa having a different ending than the novel?

DOHere likes this.
  9. Nitu05

Nitu05 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any romance in this manhwa?

10. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a romance fantasy story...but reading some comments, it seems like a bait, because there is no ML

Nitu05 likes this.
  11. J-ya

J-ya New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any translation of the novel anywhere?

12. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This had potential and I loved how it stayed but I will never read a story where
    the protagonist fucking dies in the end. Although, some readers say that there is a second version (revision of sorts) where she doesn't die but let's be real, even if that's true, the author wanted to kill her off and just made a second version to appease the readers. So, I don't care for it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  13. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to read this but when I found out about the ending, I feel disappointed and don't want to read anymore.
    Thanks for the spoilers.

DOHere likes this.
  14. Lucy_

Lucy_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this novel is too much realistic for me…..

Jann, Dobokan and DOHere like this.
  15. mirrioulle

mirrioulle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa. Fortunately I checked here first. I'll be dropping this then. Thanks for the spoiler!! This saved my emotions and time.

16. Ruta yifla

Ruta yifla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i just read the manhwa up to chapter 23. It was a good story but i just don't get it how the protagonist's mind work. She is definitely the blibdest and stupid protagonist ever. She is really clever but only listen to herself. She want to be her own masyer, and even though she can free herself in many chances she didn't do it just bcs she like the idea of making a better world with her young master. She didn't want become someone else's property but along the story, that's the only thing she did. She can easely run away with Gunther (her alive sword) and make a living and become strong on her own. She earn almost nothing except tiredness in the dukedom. Eh, sure she learn about herbs and get a sparing fight with the commander of the knight (the old man came to her one night amd sparing with her, offered for her to bring him meals and he pay to spare with her) of course she couldn't say no since thatan is a superior. The hell this manhwa has a good story but really frustating too. Up until now she just glench her hands and jaw when she treated as chess piece. I just could not understand. Not to mention i read the spoiler that she died in the end. Tefuk? Ugh, i'll comeback later after waiting for bulk releases

17. Nekozzzzzzzz

Nekozzzzzzzz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Don't tell me the 2nd book was actually her being time traveled after died??

Seems legit for me. And she also can avoiding all the misfortune like a bad ass. Oh please be true

18. JimmyFalcon

JimmyFalcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She wants more than just to live in the countryside. Even if she trains up the sword in some remote place, she’ll still be a commoner with no backing. I’m going to go on a limb and say that without connections, even with skills you will not get too far in life. The richest people in the world aren’t even the best worker in their own company, but they’re the risk taker and the one with the most valuable relations.

The servitude to a powerful duke gives her a glance into greater nobility and let’s her forge bonds with the powerful. Plus, even as a page she strives to be outstanding at events in order to gain fame (eg. forcing the priest to practice with her).
    Also, had she left back then with her sword, she’d probably never have been able to become a viscount.

bettttt1 likes this.