Recommendations Analyze ability/ A way to have knowledge that they shouldn't have

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Data, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Data

Data Assuming Direct Control

Reading List:
    Link
    Please read first as I'll update the list as I go.

Hi all.

I'm currently reading Warlock in Magus world and I was really surprised at how interesting I find it.

Also, it now fires me up to try to look for novels that have a similar concept:

Having an analyze ability or something to obtain knowledge that you shouldn't have

Now here's what I've read but not exactly what I'm looking for but might be something I'll put on standby:
    A lot of VRMMORPG or reincarnation novels that I've read and can't remember the name of - This is something that I might find interesting if it was limited to the MC. I want to see the MC have knowledge that others could not possibly have or know or at least a scant few who do know. As you can see, in the previous few novels mentioned, their analyze ability is something that allow them to have an advantage that others cannot possibly have or in the case of Kumo Desu, suffers a repercussion that most people are not able to handle like the headache.

I want to see the MC astound or even have at least a slight advantage over others and how the knowledge is able to benefit them greatly.

List of things that I've read that I'm looking for:

Something along these lines:
    Warlock in Magus World - if you read it into a few chapters, he has an AI chip to analyze things around him as well. So he can see stats of people as well as the efficiency of herbs.

Kumo Desu - Has the analyze ability like in RPGs but for regular people, this ability is useless as it has a huge backlash

Long Live Summons - Has Divine Eyes which can see things that others do not know about or has been lost in time such as how the chaos eggs work so that they fuse properly

Slave Harem in Labyrinth in Another World - Able to use analyze to see skill slots that no one else can see in items and make sure the success rate of item fusing is 100%

Slime Tensei - just remembered this one, haven't read it in forever. Remember how he could devour things and put it inside his stomach to analyze their contents

Reminded by AicilaXL:
    Death March - Analyze ability that he puts skill points into to be able to identify things such as a normal looking rock is a good ingredient

Recommendation by Jaded:
    No Fatigue: 24-jikan Tatakaeru Otoko no Tenseitan - MC has maxed out analyze ability.

Reminded by Parth37955:
    Divine Protection of the Many Gods - MC has divine protection from the gods and is able to identify item stats like +5 healing potion that others would simply say is a good potion.

Recommended and reminded by by the_cheater17:
    Skill Taker’s World Domination ~ Building a Slave Harem from Scratch - Have eye's skill that can see others skill.

To Deprive a Deprived Person - Have eye's skill that can see others skill.

Reincarnated as a dragon’s egg ~Lets aim to be the strongest~ - Have skill that can guide MC about his self, skill, and evolution.

Offshoots that I will still find interesting:

Time travel Novels where the MC gained knowledge
    TDG
    TTNH
    LSG

Reminded by Ldyrdy:
    Mother of Learning - character keeps going into a time loop of one month and learns skills and stuff. This is one of the fascinating novels that I highly recommend.

Really offshoot, but I will still find interesting:
    Bringing modern day technology to new life where everything is ancient or at least old enough that the technology would seem extremely advanced to others, something akin to Warlock in Magus World and how it will affect the world. The MC has modern day technology in his mind and starts bringing it into the new world. I would like it if the MC actually could utilize this knowledge.

Thank you all for reading! I take every recommendation seriously.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Astaroth likes this.
  2. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Death March . He can scan people's stats and use a world map and things to see what's going on. He get's way too much information it's basically cheating.

Data likes this.
  3. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Data likes this.
  4. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely forgot about that one. I've read up to Volume 7 when I reached the end of the current translation. Thanks!

I've seen this one but did not expect the MC had an analyze ability, I'll read into it. Thanks!

5. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Data likes this.
  6. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with Zhan Long is that I feel he doesn't get any advantages with it, or at least as far as I read.

I've read RPG world up until volume 5 I think. Thanks for reminding me!

7. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    personally I preferred it when he didn't have a guild. Is it just me or does that Matcha girl constantly praise the MC? I kind of like it without the whole self-righteousness thing going on. Right now, I just can't wait till Cang Tong and Cang Yue join Zhan Long.

8. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    Data likes this.
  9. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
    Data likes this.
  10. Cabman11

Cabman11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would at least have the writers come up with a somewhat decent explanation like they have access to the astric record or something

11. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep can't believe I complete forgot about MoL. Read up to chapter 40 before there was no more chapters. Will look into it again.

QZGS was a good novel. Stopped at around 100, will look into it again.

Never heard of that last one and will look into it more.

I have started the first one after the first slave harem one that I read.
    The other two I have heard about.Thanks for the rec!

Going to need some context on what you were trying to say.

12. Cabman11

Cabman11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm talking about the reason why the analysis usually works.
    A lot of riders just say it works because it does. But never a reason why it works and from where the information comes from

Data likes this.
  13. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah alright, that makes sense. To me, it doesn't matter how they got their power but how they use it and what knowledge they gain from it.

14. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Data likes this.
  15. Fluphy

Fluphy Notsane's Drunk Editor

Reading List:
    Link
    mahouka tensei? he is very crafty :D

Data likes this.
  16. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the first one. Read it all the way, wish there was more. It was about to get good too.

I know the MC in the second one can see the world in a different way, but not sure how he utilizes it.

Similar to DD2, read the manhua as a prologue to reading it. Should start reading it after all these other recs.

17. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Parallel World Pharmacy is a rather nice read.
    MC was some modern world medical researcher (so clearly knowledgeable in that field). Ends up taking over a body in another world where medical knowledge is primitive.
    He has some kind of analyze ability that allows him to detect illnesses and pinpoint the suitable treatment.

Data likes this.
  18. antonioayr

antonioayr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Data likes this.
  19. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, read it up to the latest chapter. Very interesting.

I know about TDG but the second one I can't seem to find it.