Forgotten Title Ancient Chinese rebirth novel - slice of life

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Humbledaisy, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Humbledaisy

Humbledaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve completely forgotten the title of this second chance rebirth novel. Read a portion translated and a portion MTLd.

Ancient times Chinese heroine is reborn after drowning while escaping with her maid during an uprising. She’s just a daughter from a middle level business kind of family. Family is over run and many killed, businesses trashed. She’s separated with her maid and someone ( a family cousin whom she has no reason to distrust) tells her she’s been left behind and that she should go meet them at a boat on the river. She gets there, raiders are nearby, maid is killed and she drowns herself to stay “pure.” All the while, wondering why her husband and family has ditched her.
    After rebirth to youth, she attempts to avoid former husband, keep family alive and escape with family members to more secure country house before the war starts. Really slice of life, lots of family dynamics but no face slapping. I read it with an untranslated Chinese name. I forgot to save the title or link.!

very businesslike, really clever and strong heroine. Would love to know the title.

2. aurash45

aurash45 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Lantyne

Lantyne [Apathetic Syndrome Stage 5] [Incurable] [Doom]

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Humbledaisy

Reading List:
    Link
    You don’t read a lot of drowning stories - it was good and the mystery of why was good as well. ‍

6. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn I'm interested too...so it was translated here partially? smth recent?

7. Humbledaisy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I found it here, read the few translated chapters, found it on a machine translated site and then finished it there. I probably found it searching under “second chance” or “ age regression.” And I’ve been searching for it ever since.