Resolved Any CN BL translators want to join a gc?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by woyaosile, Apr 5, 2021.

1. woyaosile

woyaosile Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    你好~

Do any danmei translators want to join a groupchat on Instagram? I’m probably the most noob translator in existence and would like to find fellow noob translators to scream with ^^

2. tenchaan

tenchaan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I'm also a noob danmei translator and might need help from other translators in the future because i suck

woyaosile likes this.
  3. LiLi041

LiLi041 【Lucky RNG Halo】【Eternal Townie】

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I'd say no to Instagram because I use Instagram for IRL stuff.

However, if you are looking for fellow translators to talk with, I think NUF or Discord is the better choice, especially considering how many translators already use Discord (in comparison to Instagram).

There are lots of translation Discords out there, like Translators' Corner and such. You can even try joining a translating group if you want.

c.decora and woyaosile like this.
  4. c.decora

c.decora Holy Cardinal, Ascended Mouse

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone: On the "Instagram wouldn't be a great option."

Most of us function through Discord (I think), the most active for BL would probably be either Chrysanthemum Garden's server or Dummy Translation's server (probably?) But I think the translation channel for Dummy is closed for non-Dummy translators.

So... I suggest CG for your BL-related translation needs. They have a general channel open for it, I think.

Personally, if I run into any questions... I go crying for help in @nonononononono 's server. :blobjoy::blobjoy: Thanks, nono~

Lion Turtle likes this.
  5. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As an old person, I prefer typing on my keyboard. And that means Discord is better than Instagram for chatting.