Recommendations Any novels that you deem to be a masterpiece

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Alairia, Jul 18, 2020.

1. zaetheii

zaetheii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alairia and TXHY like this.
  2. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 TLM is such a great novel with a true scheming protag that carefully plans things out, is not swayed by petty things like beauty or gender, if you are an enemy you are going down. and the way he carefully abuses his cheat to the maximum is also very entertaining

3. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    i personally love these:
    Zhanxian - alot of translator problems tho so i cant really recommend starting it :(

The Legendary Mechanic - great protag, interesting world, has alot of funny moments without breaking immersion.

Reverend Insanity - its nice to read a story about an actual villain from time to time

FFF-Class Trashero - very misleading name but a great story, shame about the translator

4. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Fulminata likes this.
  5. acertainpasserby

acertainpasserby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Heaven Official's Blessing
    My Husband With Scholar Syndrome
    The Founder of Diabolism
    Rebirth of a Movie Star
    Very Happy
    Tattoo
    Marriage Concerto
    Heartbeat at the Tip of the Tongue

Most of them are BL and the one I consider the most as Masterpiece the most is Heaven Official's Blessing

MY BL List
    My BG List

7. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    So. I'm picky and i've dropped countless of novels because they got boring, starting to make no sense, or being forcibly dragged when it's supposedly end. These are some that i've managed to finish / still read until now, and they're my all-time favourite, aside from LOTM.

My House of Horrors - they don't drop in quality. 1000-ish chapters in, yet i could still feel the chills.

Joy of Life - a slow tale of a reincarnated MC with politickings and morally grey characters. It's not too long, and it ends where it should ended. It's one of Mao Ni's best. This story also have interesting side characters, and i really love the political maneuvers in here; they're simply entertaining to read, yet not that illogical or too 'real'.
    I personally don't really dig harem romance. But in here, it's tolerable.

The Girl Who Ate a Death God - simply terrific. A grim tale of a girl with inhumane strength fight for the losing side in a massive war. However strong she was, she's but one human. If you love to have something a bit happier, i recommended it's other story, The Girl Who Bore the Flame Ring.

The Legend of Sun Knight, but only its first 2 arc. - I really dig its first and second arc; they're really fun! But the author is famous for their.. unstable? qualities in their story. I personally think that in the 3 arc and forth, the story start to go downhill ; especially those that nearing the end :sweating_profusely:. But its 1st and 2nd arc? I've came back to re-read it for so many times! pure gold.

on Royal Road :

A Journey of Black and Red - a grim yet silly historical fiction about vampire, set in 1800-ish US. I got a strong feeling of gothicness? from it. Borrowing one of the reviewer's words, "dracula will be proud". The silly part might came a bit latter.
    Beware though. If my memory served right, there might be some scenes thag could be quite triggering.

Super Minion - about a lab-breeded monster trying to fit in the human society. Fun and chaotic.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Alairia likes this.
  8. Venguis

Venguis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alairia likes this.
  10. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised I didn't see Sovereign of Judgement. The ending for it at least for me was satisfying, no bullshit revival that makes any sacrifice or death redundant.

Alairia likes this.
  11. Lurker of the dark

Lurker of the dark [Just a bored lurker]

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Ikan

Ikan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trafford’s Trading Club (MC become shopkeeper for shop that can grant any wish , but every wish has it price)

Alairia likes this.