Question Anyone having problems using Systran for MTL?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by unwashed heathen, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unwashed heathen

unwashed heathen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been using Systran for reading MTL for years now and I don't want to switch because I'm used to it. But it's been really shit lately. Sometimes it will take 5-10 minutes to translate a page using the Chrome extension, if it translates at all. A lot of the time, it just gives up halfway through. They also changed the way their text translation webpage translates text. Now it's this Neural Translation garbage which gives terrible results. So is anyone else getting these problems? If you are did you find a solution?

2. keitachan

keitachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hasn't worked for me in almost a year.

3. unwashed heathen

unwashed heathen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @keitachan, if your browser extension stopped working you might be able to fix it by creating a new account and using the new API key. I think the API key they give you with an account expires after a while. If you are already using something else though I wouldn't bother going back since the service just keeps getting worse and worse.

Honestly, I would have ditched Systran ages ago but I'm used to reading it now and other MTL feels like trying to read a different language. I'm thinking about just buying the Systran 8 desktop application but there isn't even a free trial and I don't want to buy without testing it first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.