Anyone knows what happened to mangatraders?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jgfenix, Aug 23, 2017.

1. jgfenix

jgfenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It´s now unreachable. It´s tragic because it´s a great place for manga and novels.

2. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    What's tragic is a normal person not knowing the difference between pirate sites and translator sites ...

3. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he/she ever asserted it wasn't an aggregator. manga aggregation has been the norm for like 10 years or longer now anyways, same goes for anime.

Kanana, Vishaakha, kenar and 2 others like this.
  4. QWERTG

QWERTG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what i remember. They were hacked and all the user name and password were released. This caused problems for the people that uses same password everywhere. So they closed down. Back in the day i had over 3 tb of their manga's. I had all except yaoi yuri shit.

5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Mangatraders? We bloody hacked and DDoS'd that place until the owner begged for mercy. Then we put some conditions on the owner of the site and he promised to comply, but by the time our anger was sated, there were other aggregator sites to take its place and it never become significant again, until the owner eventually shut it down himself.

Wait, maybe I mixed it up with mangadownloads, because I'm pretty sure I didn't hack anything in 2014. I was too busy working on Felicia's Second Life in 2014 to take notice of manga aggregators.

EDIT: Nope, it wasn't Ai-chan. A trio of translators and fansubbers by the name of Snowfag, Botox and another guy hacked mangatraders. The one Ai-chan hacked alongside like 10 others was most likely mangadownloads. Mangatraders sound really familiar though, and I recall that name came up alongside the words 'hack' and 'bring down' some years ago.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    kenar, LadyBlue, Uno and 1 other person like this.
  6. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    A hottie and a nerd at the same time...? Is this illuminati? Ai chan is agent 007?

kenar, asriu and Ai chan like this.
  7. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

Ai-chan kowa, you're scaring the kids! do you wear glasses? hara-guro megane desu ka?

Ai chan likes this.
  8. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yes, Ai-chan does wear glasses.
    <--- See? Did you miss the pics of Ai-chan in glasses?

9. Animeboobs

Animeboobs New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does anyone actually know why mangatraders.biz has vanished. When trying to access the site it just comes up server not Found. From the few comments I read above people are speculating the reason for it's closer is do to any fruit cake Hackers fault. The Site was Working around the 11th of August but then went Dark without a Word. I've emailed then , Posted of on Facebook and even left like a dozen tweets on there accounts asking if the Severs issues are Temporary or is Mangatraders offline for Good but they can't give the Curtice of a reply to there supports but I find it Odd I keep getting Push alerts from them for manga update on the account I signed up with and the site is Offline.

Does someone know of another site that lets you download manga like MT did for Free. I'm missing about 2.5 weeks worth of updates on the series I follow.

10. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Pshaw! How many accounts do you want to make? Let the evil aggregator just die. Here, have a look at what the admin of mangatrader himself said and what the culprits that put the final nail on the coffin themselves said. Anyhow, I find it funny how mangatraders claim to be 'part of the community' when they've been undermining the community for their entire life.

If it worked recently and went dark again, it possibly means the scanlators who still had a beef with them kicked them down again. They were really hated among scanlators and Anonymous from back then put the site on permanent hit list. Many of the scanlators from back then already retired, but hey, old enemies are still enemies. So don't put your hopes up.

Below is what the admin said back then.
    https://roosterteeth.com/forum/comics-&-anime/topic/2255953

p/s: There's also the possibility that it was only up briefly to allow their members to grab whatever they can. They'd probably have told members in advance if they're doing this.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    AliceShiki, kenar and asriu like this.
  11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    7 year? ah no wonder never heard it that time when I on anime side and start on fanfic and LN plus gradually go from manga (2007~08 I guess)

12. Animeboobs

Animeboobs New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ Ai Chan - Wtf is all that non-since it has nothing to with the site shutting down now the link you provided was from back in 2016 when they closed for a bit on the OLD mangatraders.org website. The new website witch came back the end of 2016 early 2017 is listed under Mangatraders.biz. Have you not been to the new site since they first closed. There was NO word for the Blackout from them I'm @ the site everyday and no Updates messages where posted for News topic on the main Page to explain they where shutting down anytime soon. The only thing the Site owner and Admits every said was IF anyone was caught Mass Multi download again when there old system was in play before they built mangatraders.biz new site it would close for Good that's why they updated the downloading sever to include a 20 sec delay in between downloads so Nobody could get more then 1 every 20 seconds. Your comment don't explain Why it has been Shut down from 8/12/17 - ongoing if it was working prier to 8/12/17. I'm still getting notifications on a weekly bases from them through the email I sign up with for update alerts on series i watch. I just got a notification from them on 8/28/17 informing me that Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san chapter 76 was released and ready for downloading. So that means the Servers are offline but Scanlators are still uploading them to the site. Someone has to be albe to contact the admits over there and asks what's going on but they rudely refuse to answer emails, Facebook comments and tweeter post.

13. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    hold your horse mate! @Ai chan only explained about how their site was hated.

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. Animeboobs

Animeboobs New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your Point? I don't give a rats ass about how there site was Hated. My Question if you people can actually read was does anyone know why it Offline Now. The site worked before 8/12/17 and after Nothing without WARNING. Because if the site is really gone for Good then WHY are they still sending Push Notifications to everyone who signed up for manga updates everytime a new Scanlation gets released.

15. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/6v6vvg/mangatraders_shutdown/
    Doomroar
    Weird enough i am still getting email notifications for updates, their site had the best interface, services, and options, it is a pity that this happened, i guess it is back to searching.
    • Cassie_Hack
      I give it a week for the site to be officially back up cause I'm still getting email updates from the manga I'm subbed too on Mangatraders...I got an email from Mangatraders literally an hour ago, just can't access the site.
      • Doomroar
        Yeah i am still counting on it.
        • EcchiOli
          That's because you have to dissociate as two entirely separate things,
          • a website working on its own within a hosting space, doing whatever it wants to do, as an autonomous machine. It also includes sending email messages or fetching external stuff by itself if there are routines for that.
          • the website answer to the rest of the internet when the rest of the internet comes knocking on the door
          Usually, the simplest way to "turn off" a website is to unplug the second part. Make the server refuse to answer. This way, you keep the website to yourself for a short while, you can get the backups and stuff, or whatever you like.

Illustration: I host plenty of wordpress websites for friends and family, besides my job, and I'll occasionally deactivate a website when they give up on keeping it. Knowing them, I simply turn off the second part, but keep the website on the server for a while to let the owners get their uploads, contacts and stuff. And, during that deactivated time, the offline wordpress websites keep on fetching by themselves their automatic updates and sending an email to tell "sup dude, I updated myself" - something that always confuses the hell out of their admins ^
    Does this answer your question now?

AliceShiki and kenar like this.
  16. Animeboobs

Animeboobs New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No your just making speculations like there other 2 gave no Real Reason Why the Site is Down. The Site Worked 2 weeks ago and now Nothing without Warning. Unless you are in contact with someone from Mangatraders nobody here Know for Sure Why there Servers are down unless you get it straight from them. But Unfortunately they Will NOT reply to Emails , Facebook or Tweeter.

17. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    we were only conjecturing here. With a limited info we based on an assumption. I dunno why but you're denying us vehemently. Even though you were asking us if someone really knows what happen -and clearly we don't know about that- you shoot down our supposed to be opinion...
    Isn't @Ai chan clearly saying that she and her "accomplices" hack that site?

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why you ask a novel community then?
    Won't the people in 4chan or reddit more knowledgeable of this dark side of manga community than us?

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't feed the troll :blobconfused:

AliceShiki, kenar and Aiiee like this.
  20. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    according to a reddit post, this is the formal answer when they are contacted.

AliceShiki, kenar and Ai chan like this.