Recommendations Apocalyptic-Survival type RPG LNS?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by teasky, Oct 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. teasky

teasky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love this genre but there is no tag for it. The premise is where the whole world laws/physics to an rpg leveling type system and everyone must adapt to survive. Here are some novels I've read with this genre.

Change:New world
    Survival God and Devil World
    Everyone Else is a Returnee(love it favorite)
    Reincarnator
    Boku wa isekai de fuyo

Any help would be appreciated!

2. SinCity

SinCity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Occulus

Occulus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything by Scottf14 on Royalroadl
    Earth Tactics Advance is probably by far the best though and the highest rated survival RPG that isn't dropped on the site (although Blackthourne and maybe Galactic Fist also fits).

No Respawn and God's Trials also fall under the criteria you're looking for and are within the Top 100 updated stories on the site.

4. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God and Devil World, tons of chapters pretty good but there are two major issues most people have:

Racism(but if you know china's history its actually more realistic than bad)

Sexism(Women are generally treated as commodities, which is kinda realistic for the scenario when murders and thugs are the most likely to have leveled. The unrealistic part is that almost no women level up, and even the ones that do are never that strong though MC's harem has/is getting some strong ones)

if you can deal or they don't bother you its a fun guilty pleasure of a read. Nice leveling system, badass mc, etc.

5. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    Shio likes this.
  6. Echoes

Echoes 【Wandering Monk】

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Occulus

Occulus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My problem with GDW is it's so damn repetitive. It's MC gets thrown in new place, beats up people, take control of faction, builds army, wipes out corrupt rulers, take control of city, adds more women to harem and then gets magically sent to another place and then repeat, over and over again. And correct me if I'm wrong, but leveling usually happens all at once in a couple of chapters due to MC super-farming/killing Boss Monsters while the rest of the hundred chapters is PvP (which doesn't give levels). Don't get me wrong, this was interesting the first couple of times that happened. But once he got randomly ported to Vietnam because magic, things got frustrating.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Ophis likes this.
  8. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It can be annoying when you're waiting for chapters, but it never bothered me when I stockpile. Its a xianxia with levels instead of cultivation.(there's even a sect or two lol). So you expect whats often in a xianxia and thats some repetitiveness.

9. Hellsreign

Hellsreign Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Better then repeating tourney arcs imo

10. Ophis

Ophis 『God Slayer』 『Dragon God』 『Harem Seeker』

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not wrong, and I absolutely agree with everything you said. Way too much army building, too much PvP, too much conquering of cities.

You have yet to experience the truly frustrating things in this novel. I remember almost crying out of frustration(literally) when Yue Zhong went to Indonesia(around chapters 600-700). I had to stop reading the novel for almost a week in order to cool my head; that's how frustrating it got.

Unfortunately this gets repeating itself till the end of the novel.

Yue Zhong will get randomly sent to various places. He goes to Mongolia, Japan, Indonesia, and at least 7 different worlds that I can remember from the top of my mind (it's been a year since I finished the story).

What makes it worse is that whenever he goes, without exception, he conquer cities, build armies, lots of PvP, etc. Even the other worlds are no exception to that rule.

Despite all that, it's quite a good story though. I would recommend just putting up with the frustrating parts and wait for the good ones.

11. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    since we talking about gdw the author scrap the job system like wtf novice village is just for mc only on ch 50 and never appear again since the latest translated