Question are there any bl oneshots available for practice translations?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by vvalpurgisnacht, Apr 13, 2020.

1. vvalpurgisnacht

vvalpurgisnacht Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, so I've been wanting to give translating a try cause I study Japanese on my own and my reading comprehension compared to my speaking/listening is Terrible, so I've been wanting to practice. My kanji ain't that great either (actually it's more of abysmal than anything) so I wanted to ask if it's possible to ask for any bl oneshots or short stories that I could practice on before going full-on?

*not sure where to put this, whether here in translator's corner or the pick-up section, so if it's better in another forum please also tell me so I can move it! :")

2. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exiled rebel scan have a list on their website of untranslated novels. And you can check the other Japanese novel site to see if they have a oneshots section

And if the one shots doesn't work. Then you can try to translate the u complete/forgotten / dropped works

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2020
  3. vvalpurgisnacht

Reading List:
    Link
    hello!!

thanks so much for this :) do you happen to know a japanese novel site i could browse? ;w; like legitimate ones and all that jazz ;;;;

4. Anlussom

Anlussom Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should get a number of legit sites if you google the following: BL 小説 無料

There are plenty of completed short stories on the sites that come up from that search. Just look for works tagged 短編 (short work) and 完結 (completed).

Shunraiki and vvalpurgisnacht like this.
  5. Chiisai-hime

Chiisai-hime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Syosetsu has some good oneshots. I'd recommend asking around for a TLC. I'm not sure about novel groups, but some manga groups (or at least mine) train TLs and have another TL check their work beforehand, so it'd probably be helpful if you could find a group like that to get started.

vvalpurgisnacht likes this.
  6. vvalpurgisnacht

Reading List:
    Link
    wah thank u for this! will look them up once i'm done w work uwu

can't say i know what a tlc is, but thanks as well! having someone look over my work is also something i've been wondering about (as to where i could find that someone i mean haha) but also since i haven't started any i just put that at the back of my mind first hehe thank u for this!! ;w;