LCD Arena

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Golden-Tiger

Golden-Tiger Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too harsh, If I just got abs like those I'd be the same

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, in a similar situation, I would want to act the same, but I would control myself. If for no other reason than that if this got back to the girl on the team that probably thinks that they're already dating, it could lead to my death during the next mission.

If he wants to sleep around, that's fine. He could die at any time, so its certainly understandable, but he needs to settle things with the girl on his team first.

3. Golden-Tiger

Golden-Tiger Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, true, one thing that frustrates me is how he quickly came to trust these "researchers ". I don't believe everything will go right especially with the other teams. It will probably go in the direction of ; you bully me now that I'm weak and then they get strong as they move up on exams.:notworthy:

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, its a bit cliche but I could definitely see it happening. I could also see them bumping into each other in the Arena while on similar missions and being forced to fight for their lives.

Golden-Tiger likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how good Sylph is at drawing maps? I'm betting she could do satellite quality maps if she felt like it. I'm also betting that they'd be worth a lot to the organization and the other teams.

If guns are so limited, why waste 200 karma itemizing one? Why not save it and use it on a better weapon or skill (like a skill to enchant bullets)? If Sylph is the one doing the shooting from now on, then she can probably fire the single shot at the same speed as the new gun and it should be very easy to just dump some bullets on the ground next to her so that he can go do something else. Plus, the recoil will be lighter, so the timer should run down slower and if she needs it to shoot farther, she can give it that extra push herself.

Also, if they wanted him to turn over shooting duties to Sylph, then why isn't he training with everyone else? He needs to learn how to fight on his own if Sylph is going to be otherwise occupied. Right now he's the most useless person on the team if you disregard his status as Sylph's battery.

I get the feeling that the author didn't really think things through and is just playing it all by ear. Stories like that always fall apart, usually sooner rather than later.

6. justjetlagged

justjetlagged WEEZY F BABY

Reading List:
    Link

He's definitely not the most useless person on the team. He's probably the best after the martial arts guy, even without Sylph. He seems to have an advantage in mentality compared to the other two.

What seems to be the case to me is that there will be a conflict between him and the government - it seems like they're trying to undermine him a little.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly not sure. I dropped the series after they told him to give the girl his magic gun so that she could cash it in for karma. It just felt like such a stupid decision for so many reasons that it wasn't even worth ranting about, especially when combined with all the other bad decisions we've seen since they got in contact with the government.

justjetlagged likes this.
  8. justjetlagged

justjetlagged WEEZY F BABY

Reading List:
    Link
    They've been following their orders way too much. I feel like they're going to be docked karma a little for knowing all of this in advance. I would have enjoyed it a lot more had they stayed anonymous

9. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If he itemized this gun would he need to itemize it's ammunition? Or would the shop sell ammo for this weapon, it feels like this could seriously backfire.

It also highlights how useless the MC is, considering Sylph is pretty much the only one needed to fire the gun.

10. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno, the gun wasn't all that useful and it was only 100 karma. It was basically a pellet gun. Getting that item bag seems waaaaaayy more important than carrying around a gun he won't even be using since he itemized that rifle. Of course, if you can have this item bag then wtf is the point of itemizing anything if you can just bring a huge amount of supplies in with a 100 karma item.

That said, the research woman seems to have some hostility towards the MC and the fact that he's not getting any sort of training is still bothersome. I don't understand why he isn't under any sort of training regiment. Short of being beat up and calling it "instruction", he's basically not being taught anything. He keeps asking what he should be doing and she just says nothing, it's f***ing stupid.

I don't blame you for dropping this series, it has a lightheartedness that's completely out of place with the situation. Just the entire feel of the series doesn't have any sense of urgency. I feel like the MC should be brooding more, or have some level of anxiety rather than being excited over having abs.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't know what she told her to spend the 100 karma on. I dropped it as soon as she told him to let the girl cash the gun in. As far as I'm concerned, the gun is still useful. If for no other reason than to give it to the girl since it takes less bravery and physical prowess to fire a gun. He could take the sword and put his new physique to good use. There's a bunch of other ways to look at the suggestion that make it clear that it's a bad one, but like I said, I don't feel like writing a long rant on the subject when I've already dropped the story.

Though I will say that if she told him to do that so that the girl could buy an item, then that's even stupider since he could have just bought the item and handed it to her. Penny saved is a penny earned and all that.

12. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to Arena before? The translator took down his works?

13. Ravime

Ravime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm just curious what the yellow energy pearls are for anyone know??

14. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Gun was never fired without sylph, no one knows how to aim well and it's slow firing rate makes it less worth than an item bag, item...bag! Also MC didn't have any karma remaining...You want her to abandon her sword training for a guy who was given up by their trainer in 1min regarding any fighting?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading the entire conversation. The majority of your questions are answered. Also, I already dropped the series, so I don't have much interest in discussing it.

16. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm interested in if the group will increase with new members or it just gets straight up harder since there are less people. Any ideas without reading ahead?

17. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    is it safe to tag is tragedy not?

waifu material and martial arts dude, why Q.Q

18. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    Good stuff. I really like these kinds of unexpected twists.
    Keeps the story exciting and hard to predict.

19. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder if there is a reincarnation option like in other series of this type? Since the angel character can fully heal it has their template stored. I hope there isn't one since it isn't a mechanic I like unless it is presented up front.

20. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm didn't try synthesis of all combinations. The new skill with the old skills. The two summoning skills etc.
    Cheap skills that might result in passives are worth the most right now, more than leveling up new skills unless he hits something truly spectacular. One new skill can result in 2-3 new skills that can result in yet another skill. So 100 points turns into 300-400 points of skills, of course without knowing which ones but still a great trade. If lucky a 100 point skill unlocks a 500 point or similar skill.

He needs to make a spreadsheet of what combos he has tried out to keep track in the future. Kind of like the tournament score boards with the same things vertical and horizontal, then x what is tested.

If he levels up the synthesis skill, can he use three skills to generate a new one? Making for another spreadsheet.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016