Discussion Baby Princess novel

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by SoulSlayerAbad, Jul 7, 2020.

1. SoulSlayerAbad

SoulSlayerAbad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I'm SoulSlayerAbad, the translator working on Baby Princess.

Since the novel is quite niche and not that well known, I though I'd make a discussion post on here, since I recently picked it up again (after quite a while lol) and started translating. Since I really like the story myself, I thought I'd ask the people on here what they think about it, and hopefully get some people interested in reading it.

The basic synopsis is that one day, Youtarou, our young 16 year old protagonist's grandmother dies, leaving him penniless and all alone in the world. He encounters a girl named Hikaru, who basically convinces her mom to take Youtarou in. But here comes the twist; turns out, Hikaru has 19 other sisters, ranging from the eldest who's 19 years old all the way to new born baby, and he is now becoming the "brother" of these unique sisters.

The story is a mix of drama, comedy, and a bit of romance. Although very light-hearted most of the times, it also sometimes delves deep into concepts like what a "family" is, and the inner conflicts we all have to deal with.

The novels were adapted into a 1 episode OVA, which was my first exposure to the series, and which I tremendously enjoyed, even though the focus was mostly on comedy. If you're interested in the series, you can check that out first. It was also adapted to a manga, although the tone of that is a little different.

To those who have already my translation, I'm interested to know what you think about it so far. And those few among us who can read Japanese, no spoilers please. I haven't finished it myself. :blobsmile:

solivagantsoul, Einzwalker and asriu like this.
  2. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been years since i have read this novel. I practically don't remember when did i read it, althought i'm actually happy to be able to finish it now(well i'm getting cornered with uni homework right now though). As for the translation.....well it was fine, i mean i don't remember any sort of mistake about it.

3. rabs19

rabs19 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for work in this novel! I like this story!! I saw the ova many years ago, now I need read the novel

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    huh?
    that ecchi ova have novel translated? oh wait this cat already forget since long time ago~
    Imouto Paradise! (R-15ver)
    19668.png

yup no wonder last time this cat read was 2015

5. SoulSlayerAbad

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea... its been a while since I updated it lol. Around 5 years? Anyways, good luck with your Uni stuff. I just got a break from all that as well.

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoy it as much as I do. The translation effort this time is focused on speed, so keep a look out for dem releases.

It's... been a while lol. I kinda went on a hiatus, or something. Your description of it being an R-15 imouto paradise is spot on. It's why I enjoy it so much as well.

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm are you the first translator? the one on lightbastion or both?
    this cat read last on 2015 cuz it was before full using NU so kinda forget put it to reading list, dunno about 2017 ver~

7. SoulSlayerAbad

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I'm the original and only Translator. You can go to my site and still see the old posts, as far back as 2014.

I was going to migrate to NovelBastion sometime during 2017 and did a few releases there, but it fizzled out in the end.

asriu likes this.
  8. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    Why I can't visit your site? It just showing nothing but white blank...

9. SoulSlayerAbad

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I dunno. It's a problem with weebly. Sometimes their service messes up and it just stops showing the website. Try again after a few hours, or a day later.

10. nandakishore2009

nandakishore2009 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here, website might have some probelm.

11. SoulSlayerAbad

Reading List:
    Link
    C
    Can you check now and tell me if it's working, cause it shows it working for me.