Before I read LSG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by asomeCokkies, Aug 16, 2016.

1. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain the synopsis, specifically "Countless years go by" section then him returning 15 years into the past. Was he an elder badass before he got sent back or was he just 30+ powerhouse? Basically how strong was he?

2. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't know this, it would be a spoiler I assume. I think it's known that he's pretty strong but not some supreme powerhouse.

3. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all cliche.

4. asomeCokkies

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't regard power levels a spoilers. Pleas tell me.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

But what is happening, is this translator error, author, or some hidden plot point? He traveled through time twice right?

5. Astrum91

Astrum91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I read LSG, I stopped when the translation just got into the 60's.

I don't recall it ever saying exactly how strong he got, but I don't believe it was a major powerhouse or anything. The majority of his life was spent learning miscellaneous things in order to cure his condition and by then there wasn't much he could do for strength. It's all the miscellaneous knowledge he constantly pulls from after traveling back in time rather than his experiences as a cultivator.

6. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Not powerful at all. Can't call him a powerhouse or a badass. Some minor spoilers you'll read about in the first few chapters.
    The guy was suffering from an ailment that left him stuck at a very low level(same level as weak outer section disciples), even though he was talented. In his first life, it took him a long time to find the cure. Don't think he progressed much before he got killed a guy from a family he was trying to take revenge on.

7. asomeCokkies

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I think I get it know, he wasn't strong just knowledge-full. But not some 100+ year old senior, just a 30+ year old man. right? I'm trying to figure out if his temperament closer to Nie Li from TDG (ageless elder) or Chu Yang from TTNH.

8. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    a mix of both?

9. kokoJ

kokoJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he was crap, he still is crap but hopes to be better than crap - synopsis end

aldrie95, roxaskun, Tenor and 2 others like this.
  10. AkemuaTwo

AkemuaTwo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly? It's a lousy version of TDG, at least Nie Li kicked some ass.

This guy was on his knees more than his feet. It wasn't until he realized what he lost when the only person that ever really loved him was taken away.

Then he went try hard, but still failed horribly, ehh I give him shit, but at least he tried right? So think about it, all those pathetic experiences he had in the past should help him build a better tomorrow.

Is kinda the direction the author went.

11. asomeCokkies

Reading List:
    Link
    I know its the goal of the series but does he redeem himself in any way other than being the mc? Not asking for the ending but with people out right saying he's trash has me a little worried.

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It a little bit slow compare to tdg

13. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LSG ?

14. Astrum91

Astrum91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Limitless Sword God

15. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    he just average oldman with little demon skill before he reincarnate to kid again not like TDG mc who is fking op oldman before he reincarnate

16. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what you mean by redeem himself. Are you asking whether he becomes strong or not? Yeah, he does. Like some said though, the novel pace is slow, compared some other novels. There is one thing that he does which may make you decide not to read the novel though
    there's a woman who's much stronger than him who was likely to harm him. He rapes her cos she has a body that makes the one who takes her virginity stronger, and also to use some sorta technique to make her unable to kill him cos if he dies she'll become weak or die as well(can't remember perfectly) Well...he doesn't make any excuses like some MC's though. He admits he was being cruel.

17. asomeCokkies

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I should've said does he have any redeeming qualities other than being the mc.