Spoiler Beloved Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rena.anggreina, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Jiye

Jiye Not Available

Reading List:
    Link
    When ML starts truly like MC? And who is the man who MC had had sexual relations (before MC have replace the ancient)?

Luyan likes this.
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    The answers to your questions is somewhere in this thread

Luyan likes this.
  3. Audene

Audene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek:o_O wow just wow:( I didn't expect that! I'm kind of disappointed how the MC had such a negative prejudice against the real empress and to easily believe others but not to someone who was always on her side.:cry:

soysuva and Aster Anemone like this.
  4. Audene

Audene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah is that really happen! It's kind of disappointing how the MC & ML act. *sigh* at first I was looking forward for the MC development but now *sigh*

soysuva and Aster Anemone like this.
  5. Aster Anemone

Aster Anemone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O wow it is a different story. Very captivating. Though the intro on the novel's page is more interesting and as compare to that, story is moving slowly. But it is worth ready with HEA. Thank you for all the spoilers :D. I will find raws to read. I am getting hang of reading raws with MTL finished two novels :D

6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the club of MTL Masochists, nice to meet you... I might have MTL read close to a hundred novels already, and still going. It's like my mind developed a special ability...

7. Aster Anemone

Reading List:
    Link
    hahaha Thank you! Thank you!
    It is interesting how mind works overtime filling the blanks coming up with understandable sentences :D:D:LOL::X3:(y)(y)

ludagad likes this.
  8. Aster Anemone

Reading List:
    Link
    Have anyone read this story in raws. I am stuck at 26th chapter (after the Finale chapter), because I am unable to understand how suddenly they are standing in front of the Qiqi in modern times, and I think the thing about how they end up there is missing in the raws from where I am reading. Even though I tried a couple of sites but title of the chapter says "People die to find" and "To the modern times", but in them Chu ling Xiao's POV is narrated and in later chapter QIQI is standing in the modern times on the wedding or something.

I am so anxious to read it :cry:
    :cry:

9. Khukai18

Khukai18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the MC go back in her time?

10. guqintranslations

guqintranslations Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought I'd shed some light on this. I read this awhile back, so I probably skipped over some things.

There will be a part where Mo Qiqi tells Jun Qian Che that she lost all of her memories and he is somewhat assured, but doesn't want her to 'remember' so he doesn't tell her of how she had supposedly made him wear a green hat (cuckold). I think he lied to her or something but MQQ could tell that there was more to the story so she decided to ask Yue Han instead, making him a fancy dinner so that he would tell her. JQC arrives and sees the dinner, but didn't catch who she was having dinner with and jealously thought she was meeting with her lover. Anyway, before he came, the great empress dowager gave MQQ this kind of aphrodisiac wine to go with the dinner, but MQQ didn't know what it was so she tried to serve it to JQC. JQC knew what it was and asked if she really prepared the drink herself and thinking he was onto her, she lied that she did and he continued drinking it anyway cause he was pissed and thought she knew exactly what she was serving him. Then they moved to the bedroom and then JQC realized that the drink was in fact very very strong and he tried to yell at her to get out but she didn't want to since it was her room and that's when he forced himself on her. This is also the part he realizes she's a virgin and thus didn't cheat on him in the first place.

After the rape, she planned to kill JQC while he was sleeping but she kept finding excuses not to and then finally realized she couldn't do it after all. The whole time, JQC was pretending to be asleep to give her that one chance to kill him. Anyway, sometime after that she kept trying to escape but is always caught by him somehow and even had to accompany him on his undercover inspection outside the palace. There were all these assassination attempts and when MQQ talks to Yue Han about them, he always pins it on JQC and MQQ at first believes him every time until she spends more and more time with JQC and starts to doubt Yue Han instead. MQQ gets pregnant and gives birth, but then the matter of her supposed infidelity gets brought up again and some dude poses as her supposed lover and it culminates with trying to prove her son to be JQC's. The blood test is obviously tampered with and JQC in a 'fit of rage' goes to the top of the viewing tower and throws the *bundle* down, shocking everyone. MQQ hated him with a passion but eventually, JQC reveals that it was all an act to fool the great empress dowager and that the son was being kept safe by a friend/close relative of his. This made them closer to one another and she admits that she loves him but finds it hard to be with him because he's 'unclean' (been with other women) and here he finally reveals to her that he had never slept with any of the other women. His cousin(?) was only invited into the palace by the empress dowager to suppress MQQ and that she only agreed to go along with it because the past-life MQQ was really cruel to her in the past even though she and the emperor didn't do anything. Anyway, MQQ and JQC made amends and slept with each other, but she pretended on the outside that she still hated him.

I forgot when exactly this happened, but when MQQ visited the viewing tower, she saw a vision which revealed that past-life MQQ was tricked by Yue Han into going to the tower and got drugged. Yue Han tried to have his way with her but then JQC arrived and Yue Han managed to get away without getting seen.

Then there was the war at the border and JQC wanted to join his men but he knew there was a chance he might die in battle so he writes this secret will/edict that in the event of his death, MQQ will have all the power and that the son is selected as the crown prince. Before he leaves, there was this event where it seemed like the great empress dowager's granddaughter(I think?) gives him this aphrodisiac wine and MQQ catches him carrying her into his bed and hears passionate sounds from behind the bed curtain and thought they slept with each other. At first, she was completely heartbroken but when she woke up the next morning, she realizes it was JQC who helped put her into bed and they already established trusting one another by that point so while pretending to be angry at JQC, she tells Yue Han she wants him to help her escape--this was so she can help spy on Yue Han's dealings. Anyway, JQC is constantly worried but MQQ is adamant about it so he let her stay. Still, he visits her every night to check up on her. She ends up finding out about the plot to kill the empress dowager (I think?) and that's how JQC's cousin (who is really in love with MQQ's bro) was able to fake her death. One day, Yue Han gets drunk and tries to rape MQQ but JQC arrives and knocks him out, then gets MQQ back to the palace.

After that, he went to war and blah blah, he and MQQ's brother supposedly gets killed in action but it turns out they were heavily injured and were recuperating somewhere and when they finally woke up, they rushed back right when there was an attempted coup or something in the palace. Yue Han dies when he saves MQQ from his mom's killing blow (great empress dowager is apparently great at martial arts). The great empress dowager also dies at the end. After that battle, they were pretty much in married bliss except when MQQ wanted to have another kid but JQC didn't because he was traumatized with how much in pain MQQ was the first time and so he got a doctor to secretly create male contraceptive pills.

Anyway, the astronomers or whatever they're called predicted this sky phenomenon that MQQ witnessed when she time-travelled the first time around and she decides to go back to her own time to check up on her family and then come back. By this time, JQC knows she's from another time and allows her to go. At the last second, it turns out he decided to go with her as well (in the time leading up to it, he didn't visit her but really he was making preparations for what should happen in the palace in their absence as well as in the case that they don't get to return) and they end up going back to her original timeline together and they see the past-life MQQ (in MQQ's original body) and modern-day JQC (her ex) getting married. It turned out that modern JQC actually staged the wedding that MQQ was bitter about in the beginning because he didn't think that MQQ liked him as much as he liked her. Past-life MQQ and modern-day JQC both realized they can't force the other person to have feelings for them and they had that in common and somehow fell in love along the way. The two couples reconciled and I think they stayed in her timeline for like a month or so and then they returned to the past.

They then had a daughter after MQQ tricked JQC into thinking she was sick and then seducing him on a day when it was ‘unsafe’ (JQC avoids sleeping with her on her unsafe days, pretending to be busy and stuff just so she wouldn’t get pregnant—even though he kind of already agreed beforehand).

Then years later, the story about their son's adult love life started and I got bored and irritated with it so I stopped there.

The cousin had always been in love with MQQ's bro since she was a kid. She got lost one time and MQQ's bro tried to help her find her way back, not knowing she was a girl because she was dressed like a boy. After that, there was apparently a time when past-life MQQ was really cruel to her (I think she bullied her by trying to undress her out in the open or something) and that's why she really hates MQQ and entering the palace was mostly to spite her. JQC knows about her crush anyway and he was also wary of MQQ's dad so he just went along with it. The cousin then keeps trying to come onto the bro whereas the bro is always guilty and resistant towards her since she was the 'emperor's woman'. Eventually, it's revealed that she and the emperor are innocent, but then there's the hurdle of their parents--MQQ's dad and the cousin's dad are kind of lifelong rivals in court. After her faked death, she is given the identity as the 'reclusive twin sister(if I remember correctly)' and they both tried to convince their dads to consent to a marriage between them but to no avail.

Then right before the bro goes off to war, they decide to spend one night together and she gets pregnant. When she gives birth, MQQ's dad ends up really liking her and his new grandson. Anyway, after the palace coup or whatever, MQQ's dad retired from court and he had to put down his pride to properly apologize to the girl's dad so that he would agree to letting their kids marry. They ended up being this pair of grandpas bickering over whose turn it is to take care of the grandson.

JQC’s cousin and MQQ’s bro’s story is probably the least complicated out of all of them.

I forgot how she ended up falling for the general, but because of her crush, she ended up joining his army while pretending to be a man. They end up becoming really close and it's revealed that the general really really hates MQQ's dad because he was led to believe that it was because of MQQ's dad that his own dad died and without help during a battle in the past. Anyway, the general's mom goes to this temple to try to divine the marriage match of her son and then she and her maid get ambushed by these ruffians, but MQQ's sis managed to save them while dressed as a girl.

When she goes to visit the general's home, the mom recognizes her and tries to set her up with her son. After this, I'm a bit muddled up cause a lot of things happened in their story. One time he infiltrates her home in order to rescue someone as well as steal something from MQQ's dad and he came across her wearing female attire but she was wearing a mask and it was dark, so he still couldn't tell she was really a woman. They also had these accidental or spur-of-the-moment kisses that he always regrets the next second whereas she doesn't want to let him know she's a girl yet because she wants to go to war with him. I think there was one night where he gets super drunk and they make out or something, but he forgot the next morning that she was a girl. And then there was another night when they both get drunk and end up doing it and he finally found out she was a girl this whole time. This was before the war. She didn't want him to stop her from going to war, so she quickly evaded him and left ahead of him to go to the border.

Then there was the coup at the palace and he finds out she was the daughter of MQQ's dad. Then both him and his mom shunned her. The other couples try to help them get together and then MQQ or JQC came up with a plan to have MQQ's sister go on trial for impersonating a soldier which hints at a possible execution in order to push the general into using his medallion (? something that was given to their family to be used as immunity from being put to death as reward for the general's father's death in battle). If he didn't, they planned to save her anyway by saying she was MQQ's sister, etc. Anyway when he did finally go to get it, the mom made him promise to marry this other girl (someone he knew from childhood and who has a crush on him) in order to use the medallion and he agrees to it. After saving MQQ's sister, he coldly breaks her heart again and then this prince/ruler/king from the country they were in a war with comes over. He admired her in battle and when he found out she was a woman, he tried to get JQC to grant them a marriage, but JQC said it needed to be mutual. Anyway, he convinces her to make a wager where she agrees to the marriage in front of everyone and if the general opposes, he will back down. If the general doesn't oppose it, then they'll get married. The general was still being stubborn and so the marriage was bestowed, but she then went over to the prince/king/ruler's place in order to back out of it. The prince/ruler/king, however, knew she was going to do that, so he secretly poisoned her drink and if she wanted the antidote, she would have to go back to his country as his wife. Instead, she decided to leave the city (which was her intention all along after being coldly dismissed by the general but kept being stopped by multiple circumstances from leaving) to live out the remaining few months (I think?) of her life outside. The general manages to find her and he decides to leave everything to be with her, whereas she plans to keep the poison and her impending death a secret from him and then quietly leave right before she's about to die. So they ended up living a plain, isolated married life in their hut until she leaves to die somewhere else, but gets confronted by ruffians and is unable to fight back because of the poison. The general finds her again and saves her and then they race back to the capital...and I pretty much forgot what happened after that, except that they all ended up fine and that it was revealed that MQQ's father actually didn't betray the general's father and in fact helped keep his secret, which was that the general's dad was given some kind of aphrodisiac wine by some female spy and impregnated her. And there was some other misunderstanding about the supposed 'betrayal' that was fueled by someone else under orders from the great empress dowager.

There's another couple in the story which is JQC's advisor(I forgot his title) friend and the niece/cousin/sister(again, I forgot) of the wife of the person who had secretly taken care of JQC and MQQ's son, but I don't really remember much about it except how annoyed I was with the adviser(?) friend for jeopardizing the girl's fiance's family business in order to get her to come with him to be his maid for a month or so.

There were actually a lot more fluffy scenes as well as other stuff going on in the story that aren't mentioned here so it wouldn't do to judge the entire story just based on these spoilers. Personally, I thought it was okay though a bit draggy. Not the best, but certainly not the worst in my opinion. Also, some of the characters' motives raised red flags for me, but I don't know if they had more to do with the historical context or if it's a blind spot on the author's part. I will say that it was probably the easiest CN I've read so far. I stopped at the part where their kids grew up though.

11. Aster Anemone

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, a lot is cleared from my mind. Guess I have to patiently wait for the translation to reach the end to read those juicy parts :D

12. lottie

lottie I am who I am

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! It helps me! I was actually very reluctant to read it before but after reading the spoiler I felt it's actually good.

13. crimsoniv0j

crimsoniv0j Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. meiruo

meiruo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess since JQC is also a virgin, Dong Fei (the concubine who died) really having an affair since she's pregnant. So in the end who killed her?

15. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    ehhhh... i'll still read it after everything is translated because him even thinking of throwing his kid off the roof even if its a fake out still disgusts me a bit

16. Mercury Vine 123

Mercury Vine 123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so the MC was reincarnated into the same body or a different one

17. Laylieth

Laylieth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the ugly truth about mtl is that, it definitely ruin ur english grammar lol

ludagad likes this.
  18. Dioning

Dioning Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still dot get it, why the brother of MQQ married to YSH, he knew his sister suffer so much from her, even though her becoming JQC concubine may be an act, but MQQ child almost died because of her even before the child was born ( this wasnt an act, she genuinelly want that and it would happen if not for JQC loved for MC ) and in the eyes of other MQQ was the one who killed her child when she in fact never got pregnant in the first place. And if there is no her,the real MQQ wouldnt die, right ? I atleast want her to suffer a bit. Even if MQQ also did something to her then thats only mean they were enemies,her bro shouldnt married someone who were enemies of his sister, they can fall in love but they cant get married. How come you married someone who make your sister suffer so much when you claimed you love ur sister ??? Wasnt family more important than love at that time ???

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    swordfish likes this.
  19. LotusLily

LotusLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please properly space everything.

And... wtf are you talking about?

20. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was not a reader, he could not mind read. Sure he believes everything she told because he found out she was a virgin. Because he know he acted pregnant and then it means all of her other actions where also acting and he didn't life inside the harem and won't know every single actions of her towards MC and he know that she was kind of interested in him so it would mean she has no grudge or against MC. He may also come to the conclusion that her acting may get reaction from MC and MC may be jealous or go on was with her.