Discussion best ending in a novel

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by sivasms, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Droma

Droma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd have to go with My Wife is a Beautiful CEO, Everyone Else is a Returnee, and Sovereign of the Three Realms. I've finished a good number of CN, JPN, and KR novels but endings tend to be really sudden nonsensical power ups or just leave you hanging. You get a build up to a fight with a major villain and then instead of a hard fight there is a random power up that lets the MC just blow them away. Coiling Dragon is a perfect example of a bad ending.

CaptainToast likes this.
  2. zivoy

zivoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually think that the ending on Everyone else is a Returnee was horrible I think that the author just couldn't decide which girl should be with the MC so he just gave them all of them. it wasn't that good

ughughugh, sketchn98 and otaku31 like this.
  3. lobonex3

lobonex3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BTTH? I think the ending was done nicely. most of the loose ends were tied up~

4. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there is another share-universe novel where Leylin appears again. ( but not as MC )

5. zivoy

zivoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ?
    Which novel?

6. Estatica

Estatica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, most endings to novels will not live up to the expectations we have so there is never a good ending especially for me.
    Maybe everyone else is a returnee in terms of the one that didn't leave disappointed. :)

7. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly it's Qi's novel, Overgod Ascension.

8. ditypa

ditypa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think one of the most satisfying ending I have read in a long time is the ending to the Tarrin Kael books by James Galloway. First theres the firestaff series which is 5 books long and ends... decently. Then in the Pyrosian Chronicles you get some afterstory for Tarrin, and then a whole new great plot, which resolves some if not all of the lingering questions from the Firestaff series. (still technially a web novel )

9. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Comming a bit from the left field... Firstly I have never read any ending in CN novel, because most of them aren't fully translated or I dropped them right before the end thinking that it is "still unifinished" so basically I always leave some to kinda motivate myself to go back and read it again at a later date.
    In my opinion the long running CN novels epecially struggle towards the end of the story for example in Against The Gods I loved the first half of the story and I hated the second half. I'm not saying that it's a good or bad novel. I'm just saying that on average CN novels have an issue due to quality drop in writing.

10. Sangnz

Sangnz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are enough completed translations in order for people to have picked a favorite?

11. Droma

Droma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a good number of Korean ones fully translated as they tend to only be 200-400 or so chapters. There are also some Chinese ones fully translated but not as many. Most people including myself either read the RAW or went to LNMTL to read a machine translated version.

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    best?
    nope I have no best but I have satisfying one

hikaru, certain pilot, The King's Avatar, Sevens, baka to test, and wait why I feel most completed translated titles on trash bin?

13. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the most satisfying for me was Tate no Yuusha, Mushoku Tensei and Sevens.

World of Cultivation felt rushed and so did Heavenly Jewel Change. I mean they were good, but I am still left with unresolved questions.

14. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legend of Sun Knight - seeing the next gen knights was really funny to read

15. Mlaser

Mlaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor of Solo Play. (Just kidding):aww:
    Arifureta (though the after stories may never end)
    I still haven't read the last two books in Everybody Else...:blobhug:
    Campione I want o read the whole thing over from the beginning.. (20+ volumes :blobsob:)
    I basically never reach the ending...:blobamused:

17. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    The ending of seikai no monshou was perfect for a prequel... Works as an independent story while leaving room for continuation
    Owari no chronicle's end was also not bad (get the joke, Ending chronicle's end)

runsing likes this.
  18. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku Tensei and Sevens. It paints a good picture of their live after the main story and also go a little bit further by pointing out the world beyond them still move on. The world and story can exist without them.

Amber Sword would have the perfect ending if not for the ass pull in the very last two paragraphs.