Bitchy women in anime.

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Catastrophe3905, May 21, 2021.

1. Catastrophe3905

Catastrophe3905 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is the female representation in anime so bad? Many females are represented as self centered, foul mouthed annoying characters. They do the most selfish things which harm others but never take responsibility or even recognize their fault. It makes me so frustrated. They NEVER take responsibility no matter how awful their actions are.Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same?

2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh... I think that depends on what you watch. I don't think I ever had that problem :blobsweat_2:

The worst I can recall off the top of my head is maybe Sakura from Naruto when she was younger and a bit of a bully, but I honestly don't recall her being foul-mouthed...? :blobsalt:

S4TY4, Catastrophe3905 and AliceShiki like this.
  3. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I have similar problems, but mostly with manga (because I don't watch anime that much these days), and mostly with the romance genre. It's like women in these stories can kill just to be with the ML. On the other hand, female protagonists are almost always portrayed as a saint, almost without any flaws.

Catastrophe3905 likes this.
  4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh no? Dont remember any such chars right now ?-?

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    what kind of anime you watch? romcom on noucome level? isn't kinda on same level of how annoying power of friendship?

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever tried watching stuff with female protagonists...?

7. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he isn't particularly wrong either, a lot of shounen anime seem to portray girls in a pretty annoying way...... No clue why.

Catastrophe3905 and AliceShiki like this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yeah, there are a fair number of girls in shounen that are kinda annoying... But uhn... Well, the same doesn't apply to shoujo.

So like, feels like the complaint only exists in certain specific genres at most, and not in anime in general~

9. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why female representation in anime is usually, ok not to be generalizing. But most makers of the stories in manga&/anime are male so they just make the female characters based on their imagination rather than irl and you can see it visibly on harem anime because every girl is best girl for the author and it becomes one whole idealistic relationship between the characters. At one point the author of naruto even grew to hate Hinata even and called her "cow tits" Because it's pretty much obvious he originally wanted Sakura to end up with naruto but was kind of pressured by what the public wanted.

10. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...what animes do you watch? I mean, if you watch something like early Naruto, Toradora! and/or Nisekoi, then yeah. But if you watch something like Horimiya, Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou and/or Ore Monogatari, you might see different view
    Anyway, it's all depends on which anime you watch 'coz each author got their own view of how the lady or ladies of their story should be

Sabruness and Catastrophe3905 like this.
  11. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    there's good and bad representations, just like there's good and bad male representations. but it's also prob partly *this section of the reply has bee overdubbed with elevator music due to having the potential to trigger REEEEEE and politics. have a nice day. doo doo do dooododo

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    It might be something called a "Tsundere".