Spoiler (BL) Ai no Kusabi

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Nyann, Nov 10, 2018.

1. orematcha

orematcha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be difficult to move on, if it were me... :blobcry:

2. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    It just aroused my interest in twisted bl stories. Another M in hiding was discovered. :sushi_sigh:

But happy endings are still the best! :blobjoy:

3. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The end is still satisfying. They are at least united in the end. In the end I felt that Riki's heart was so heavy that he could take his last deep kiss only through the medium of their cigarettes touching their lips. And IM drawing him close...seems they are at last truly together...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  4. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    When thinking about the last scene, I was like well, somewhere I've seen something similar in essence, but just couldn't remember where. Now I remember, it was in the book HMS Ulysses by Alistair MacLean where there is such a situation describing comradery and sacrifice. Though the context is different the essence is similar- you don't leave your dear one to die alone. You rather keep him company till end.....

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    orematcha and nejvi like this.
  5. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    So u didn’t even cry when Katze cried. Cause I shed a tear for him on that part. Also I think he had feelings towards IM what do u think.

nejvi and SummerForest like this.
  6. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't cry, just watched stunned. So many things played inside my mind, it was tough to express my emotions in any way.

nejvi and Loverofanimeandmanga like this.
  7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do think he does. Perhaps just an infatuation like one have towards an idol, but it could very likely be fostered into love, however distorted it could be. There's a term in danmei novel's I've read called White Moonlight. If I have to say, Iason is Katze's white moonlight.

8. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your insite, I feel it was quit accurate. The way you put your words was easy to understand. Buut now I’m a little curious to this novel, you have read. Might ask u about it later.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    SummerForest, LaDyViL and nejvi like this.
  9. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, I'll answer if I can remember it. The reading was so long ago, I forgot most but the important bits only...

10. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally I could put my thoughts together and come back here.
    I do believe that Katze has an interest in Iason which runs deeper than admiration. Ur reference to White Moonlight seemed so accurate...
    Here's a quote of a translated Chinese poem to show what I mean as White Moonlight. I don't know how to put a quote here, so i'll just copy & paste. U can correct me if u feel the need.
    -------------------
    Fwoopersongs
    yjtc's translation blog for chinese thing
    POSTSSING ME A SONGNIRVANA IN FIREDRAMASSONGS & POETRYOTHERSARCHIVE
    白月光 - white moonlight
    The pale light of the moon, shines in a certain corner of my heart,
    so very bright, yet as cold as ice.
    Every person has a period of sorrow in their lives
    that they wish to conceal; though it is laid bare even as they try.

The pale light of the moon, shines in the heavens and at the water’s edge,
    kept in my heart, but not at my side.
    Then, the tears in your eyes could not be dried;
    all is so distant now; seeking forgiveness would be in vain.

You are a wound I can never speak of,
    that I wish to forget, yet cannot help but call to mind.
    As if in exile, I stagger and fall throughout the journey,
    trapped in your tangled strings, never to be released.

The pale light of the moon, shines in the heavens and at the water’s edge,
    the more full it becomes, the more alone I feel.
    Memories of tears that can never be wiped away;
    all is distant now, how do I make recompense?

You are a wound I can never speak of,
    that I wish to forget, yet cannot help but call to mind.
    As if in exile, I stagger and fall throughout the journey,
    trapped in your tangled strings, never to be released.

The pale light of the moon, shines in a certain corner of my heart,
    so very bright, yet as cold as ice.
    Every person has a period of sorrow in their lives
    that they wish to conceal, though it only continues to grow.
    -------------
    Looking forward to know what u think of this....

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    nejvi and Loverofanimeandmanga like this.
  11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    That poem spoke what I thought of white moonlight. I feel like it's apt in describing how Katze sees Iason. Someone he yearns but can't bear the thought of truly having him.

nejvi and SummerForest like this.
  12. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    SummerForest likes this.
  13. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me bump this thread

Can anyone give me spoilers about Riki and Guy's relationship? I've read online that it was Riki who was the seme in their relationship. Did he really love Guy, as in romantic like kissing and all that kinda stuff?!

14. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhyperthink:I've always seen them as a reversible couple... I'm from the group that says what he felt with Guy was companionship rather than lover's love.

Sa76 likes this.
  15. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you explain why you think that? But Riki didn't profess his love for Iason, atleast not in the beginning. It was only after Iason sacrificed his legs for him and that he didn't kill Guy, that he started to admit himself that Iason did care for him and that he himself also cared for him.

But back to Riki and Guy. It was obviously to anyone that Guy loved Riki, but i feel like Riki also loved him. Didn't he cry when thinking about Guy, atleast in the CD Drama and that's why Iason felt jealous.

16. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also are the intimate scenes between Guy and Riki, and i mean smutty scenes, detailed and described in the novel? I'm right now at volume 2, but i already know how the ending is and other kinda spoilers.

Also about the other 12(?) Blondies. It was said on the wikia of AnK that the other blondies were infatuated with Riki, except Raoul. Was it because he was a Mongrol who didn't listen to Iason and was always causing troubles or because they really had a genuine interest in him?

17. itsthatkidjashyy

itsthatkidjashyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first thread GA KITAblob_crime:blob_ghost::blob_ghost:

18. SocialJusticeWarrior

SocialJusticeWarrior Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About that, the novel did not describe the H scene between Guy and Riki at all. It just swiftly mentioned that sex with Guy was refreshing, but not as fierce and burning hot as with Iason (through Riki's perspective).
    And no, as many as there are 13 Blondies, I'm pretty sure that none of them except for Iason would develop interest in Riki. Already the novel stated clearly that Orphe Something, Aisha Rosen and Raoul Am didn't like Riki, if not hold grudge against him for having messed with their Pets. There were also many parts in the story where other Blondies' criticism for Iason regarding Riki were overt.
    As for the relationship between Guy and Riki, I extrapolate that it is unlikely a romantic one. It looks more like trust between comrades than romance between lovers. Throughout the story I didn't even see them flirting or holding hands or doing anything of that sort. If you asked me how I put it, I would say that it's like Riki and Guy earned each other's trust, and as at the time there were noone Riki really cared about, he chose to pair up with Guy, cuz if you can raid the whole fcking area together, why not have sex together too.
    However things are different when it comes to Iason. Riki craved for sex with Iason because he couldn't resist the thoughts of it and the feelings it involved. He wanted sex with Iason because of the pleasure and not mere fulfillment. And that's what I would call a romantic sexual engagement. I prefer this one better. Although I think that Guy is arguably the nicest guy in this book, I no longer support the relationship between Guy and Riki since the appearance of Iason.
    Anyway I must say that the ending fucked me up. Why the interference, Guy? Why the castration, Guy? Had it not been a cock ring but a neck collar would you have fucking slitted his throat? Iason was so precious, though. Such a sacrifical spirit was utterly heart-warming.
    Still, I'm puzzled as to whether Riki loved Iason or not. Someone please, I plead your consolation I will be deeply hurt if there were none TvT
    Finally, it's a pleasure discussing this book in depth.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Sa76 likes this.
  19. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yassss!!! Thanks for this amazing, in-depth analysis. I love to have a more lively discussion of this novel considering that this was one of my first bl novels that i've ever read and also one of the first graphic bl anime that i've seen.

And about the relationship with Guy and Riki, it seemed that Guy was waaaay more into Riki then the other way. It kinda sucks that we don't have a prequel about their love story and how their feelings really developed and their inner thoughts. Because the story is really about Riki and Iason, that we don't really know much about the relationship between Guy and Riki.

But like i said, Guy was obviously madly in love with Riki. Pressuring him about the possibility to give their relationship another chance, while Riki wasn't even thinking about that but was more preoccupied with Iason and their situation as pet and master.

It's obviously to me that Riki saw Guy as someone that would never abandon him and vice versa. Like they practically grew up together, were there for eachother in hard times and were practically lovers. I'm very curious to see/read how Riki felt about Guy in that period of time, when they had a relationship.

I mean Riki actually left Guy because he wanted to get out of the slums and leave everything behind, including Guy. Idk but i'm curious to see if he also cheated on Guy considering that there were waaay more men than women in the slums and almost everyone, hell even his gang mates/enemies, were in love with/lusted him.

And just like you said, i'm also very curious on how Riki really felt about Iason. Like was it indeed love or another case of Stockholm Syndrome? I mean at the end of the novel he practically chose Iason over everything else, hell even his own life, to die with him in peace. Fated lovers? Or not?

I mean it was quite clear how Iason felt about Riki. At first it was lust, like how could a mongrel from the slums dare to not listen to him? And then later on it was quite easy to see that that lust he had for Riki at first kinda disappeared and was replaced with love/obsession.

SocialJusticeWarrior likes this.
  20. SocialJusticeWarrior

SocialJusticeWarrior Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm not mistaken, the book did state that Riki's attitude towards Guy was that of absolute trust and confidence. Guy is his only second-in-command whatsoever. Riki's attachment to Guy was hardly negligible since till the very end, Riki still wanted to save Guy despite all costs. I would say that Riki valued Guy not only as a partner but also as a family member. However, between Guy and an opportunity to get outta Ceres, Riki would, although unwillingly, opt for the latter.
    Oh, and though men outnumbered women by 9:1 in Ceres, at some point in the story they claimed that Riki only had sex with Guy back then. Other dudes, despite all their desires for Riki, couldn't have sex with him even once, which is both because Riki couldn't care less about them and they are too intimidated by this boy to ever flirt. So yeah, I would say that Riki did not cheat on Guy, yet not because he was morally obliged to be monogamous (proven by his willingness to offer to pay by his body, which I personally don't think anyone obsessed with monogamy would do) but because there was no fcking body who could really capture his attention.
    When it comes to Riki and Iason, I am a total mess T_T. Their true feelings bemuse me too. Honestly, much as I treasure this couple, I couldn't really find any clear indication of love from Riki. There were definitely lust and desire from his side though. Riki himself stated that the 18 months back to Ceres was just a mere break that only further inflamed his sexual desires towards Iason. When Riki came back to Ceres, he couldn't have sex again, even with Guy as he feared that his lecherous nature as a Pet would come into light. Yet when Iason himself came to Riki's place to notify him of the end of his break, they had a super duper ultra mega scorching smoking hot sex, where Riki did not hesitate in the slightest to expose all of his lewd sides to Iason. He screamed for more actually ._. Urg, so if sexual desires are also considered love reciprocation, then Riki must have loved Iason to Jupiter and back ._.
    As for Iason, his love is so obvious. Even he confirmed it himself haha. Yet the way he manifested it was so doubt-fcking-ful.
    But so sexy.
    *nosebleeding
    Anyway I must admit that I might very well be devastated if there was no love from Riki's side. So there was one thing that troubled me a lot when I read the climactic final. When the structure collapsed, the author wrote something like "Iason knew that if had to choose between Guy and Iason to save, Riki would definitely choose Guy". And also in the Epilogue when Guy came back to Dana Something (the place where both Riki and Iason died), he spurted out the name "Riki" and there was suddenly a soft breeze brushing past his long hair. I was like Goddamnit, What are you trying to get at, Author-sensei? I don't understand this, but is this some kind of innuendo about Riki's still loving Guy? Man, if Riki loved both Guy and Iason then it maybe OK, but if Riki only loved Guy and not Iason I would rupture myself with grief T^T
    What are your opinion about this? I'm very glad to hear >w<

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Sa76 likes this.