Spoiler BL - Back to the Age of Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... The mtl doesnt give any indication for their genders very much.... Though i do know that Mongo is male, because ML gets courted every time by female t-rexs and later on by male t-rexs cuz the male t-rexs thought ml is gay, cuz he has been keeping the females away from himself.

As for MC, its being mentioned throughout the story, that MC can be the leader of the group, and when his sister is being mentioned? who also wants to be a leader, there are many against it, cuz female cant be leaders, ofc at the end it proves otherwise.

And the translations also mentions both are males and they got together at the very end So in conclusion. Yes its BL. Although im not entirely sure if its mpreg. The mtl was bit difficult to read at that part.

Plot is mainly the focus and survival

nomius and Jadeite524 like this.
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, because the TL didn’t think of it as such. At least not yaoi anyway.

3. Asdfg

Asdfg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not really an mpreg, depends on how you perceive it as. Mc space(?) toke mc and ml dna and combined it and made like 9 eggs or something
    It's more of shounen ai which is basically a more light and fulffy ver. of yaoi

nomius and Shizun like this.
  4. Shizun

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm always thought of bl to be shounen ai ~ yaoi :hmm:

But yea. Its shounen ai

kiara8 likes this.
  5. Daemon Kieran

Daemon Kieran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shounen means boy and ai means love, so literally translated = boys' love= bl

6. Shizun

Reading List:
    Link
    Ik. But sometimes yaoi is considered as bl too.

7. Daemon Kieran

Reading List:
    Link
    I always differentiated the 2 by the smut content. Yaoi has sexually explicit scenes and bl has frottage and kisses only, rarely explicit anything.

8. Shizun

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, u know now then that some ppl think differently, especially here in novelupdates, cuz some even want a yaoi tag to shounen ai novel. Ive already seen sites mixing shounen ai and yaoi into bl or even a yaoi manga having bl symbol.

9. Daemon Kieran

Reading List:
    Link
    The world is changing too fast. :sushi_dead:
    I guess my usual tried and true no longer works. I've actually been regarding the fade to black as yaoi, even when there is nothing to hint at smut but a risque outfit and then "the two tossed around all night ":sushi_no:, it's like that chinese comment, "I dropped my pants for this?!!"

10. Shivani

Shivani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the little guy named tata (mlt name)? he was abandoned by his mother who was a Tyrannosaurus Rex named wutong (mlt name)

11. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t finished the novel yet (it’s surprisingly very long), but I’m about like halfway through.

Tata’s mother does pick him back up, especially during the dinosaurs’ long migration. It’s pretty clear she mainly kept him as a reserve food source to eat when the food ran out during the trek, looking down on his docile and sunny nature.

During the trek, Tata is continually bullied by his siblings. In one incident, the eldest and biggest sibling Heita (who is their mother’s favorite child) tries to get Tata to provoke an irritable dinosaur, but the vengeful dinosaur fatally injures Heita instead. Heita cries and begs for their mother to save him, but since he’s past saving, their mother straight-up abandons him to die. (Yeah it’s a common thing in this book that other dinosaurs can certainly be assholes or dicks, but everyone is pitiable too in their own way. Especially the many many baby cubs and parents that inevitably die in all these natural disasters, etc.)

Gulu witnesses all of this and is naturally very upset at Tata’s mistreatment. He always begs Mungo to help Tata, but Mungo will not intervene on his behalf. Gulu can only hope that Tata matures quickly and becomes strong and ruthless enough to survive.

Then later by the time the food does run out, Tata has managed to outgrow one of his other siblings. He’s of course very upset that their mother is eating him instead of that weaker sibling. On the verge of being eaten, he runs over and kills the weakest sibling, presenting their corpse to the mother instead. At this point, the mother realizes that Tata really does have what it takes to survive as a brutal T-Rex, so she starts treating him more equally with the other siblings.

When Tata has that outburst, Gulu thinks that Tata might really grow up to be as powerful and cruel as Mungo. However, then Tata looks over at him and gives just as sunny a smile as before.

That’s where I’m currently at—I’m pretty sure Tata still thinks of Gulu as a treasured friend, but he is being forced to grow up.

It’s definitely an established theme that there is no room for childish innocence and boundless compassion in the age of the dinosaurs. Gulu can only do his best to help his family first, and then do what little he can to improve the survival of the rest of the friends he cares about. He just doesn’t have the resources or mental energy or infinite room in his heart to help every suffering being out there—especially since suffering is basically a fact of life for dinosaurs. And while it is extremely difficult to help others (almost impossible to do so out of the kindness of one’s heart alone), that just makes repaying debts a super important code for dinosaurs.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    alexfilia, kiara8 and Shizun like this.
  12. kirameki

kirameki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When do the eggs hatch? I wanna see MC and ML's cute baby dinosaurs.

13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    waraa and SDig23 like this.
  14. SDig23

SDig23 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The video is so cute:)