Recommendations [BL] Family centered novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Karry, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind whether it's JP or CN novels, I just want some good, happy family stories now that I'm reading stuff like President, Our Egg is Lost and Rebirth of a Movie Star.
    It doesn't have to be translated. Just that the mtl is not too difficult to read.
    Completed though. I'm way too impatient so I'm more than likely to forget about the story after I finish reading it. And cliffhangers are bad for the soul. I'm not too picky on stories as long as relationships aren't too unhealthy.

I JUST WANT TO READ ABOUT HAPPY LITTLE BUNS!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY! FAMILY! THAT! LITTLE! BUNS! DESERVE!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  2. CrazedCookies

CrazedCookies A Cookie!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ditto! *watching this thread*

3. Baabaablack

Baabaablack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    here is one that fits the bill. Bringing Along a Ball and Hiding from Foreign Devils. the only issue is that the updating is pretty sporadic.

Blood A and Hoshiandme like this.
  4. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww: Yes I need some family with buns. *Bookmarked*

Hoshiandme likes this.
  5. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I can tell you some that are being translated but none have actually had little buns yet so I don't know how the story actually turns out.

Cub Raising Association (all about little alien buns, not so much the BL as of now 37/131 chapters translated)
    Blooming Romance
    I Woke Up Pregnant With an Undead's Child
    Raising a Bun with a Daily Living System
    Alsar (warning, Japanese Harem, if there are little buns it will probably be far in the future. 48/ 221 chapters translated)
    The Reborn Otaku’s Code of Practice for the Apocalypse (they just adopted a baby but it's probably not going to be as cute fluffy as others)

Exile (I haven't read it, it just came up in my search)

EDIT
    I'm going to add Beloved Marriage in High Society, it doesn't really have buns (yet, it may in the future). But it is cute and they just adopted furbabies (pets), and it is adorable.

6. Wolfwind27

Wolfwind27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know think this is what you meant but Cub Raising Association involves an MC that works at a daycare in a different world and cares for a bunch of cute and fluffy babies.
    Reborn into a Hamster for 233 has a lot of fluff moments between the MC and ML (sorry no buns, but there are hamsters)
    Same with A Guide to Raising Your Natural Enemy (there are hamsters and future buns)
    I don't think The Reborn Otaku's Code of Practice for the Apocalypse is as fluffy, but the main lovers have a great relationship and act as a makeshift family with their group. I admit I'm mostly adding this one because I think it is a good read and because there is a puppy that likes to chew on slippers

Karry, Blood A, rosyprimrose and 2 others like this.
  7. Wolfwind27

Wolfwind27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have this on my list but still waiting for translations for chapters 4-6 to appear before I continue onward :blobawkward: (just occurred to me I could have just mtl those chapters) What I have read of it looked promising

8. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read rebirth of a movie star out of all those listed but it was very family oriented. i think for the rest if you look up the tag Mpreg it might give you more of what you want.
    (i don't know for sure because i avoid those stories when possible because they make my head hurt and i keep trying to come up with logical explanations for how a guy could get pregnant through the back door, grow a baby without a womb and then give birth without a birth canal. sometimes the story has them give birth through the back door which leads to the question, if that's the birth canal then where/how do they poop?)

9. Wolfwind27

Wolfwind27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IceLight303 and Karry like this.
  10. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AAAAAH UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE READ OR AM CURRENTLY READING ALL OF THESE (except for exile haven't gotten to that yet)
    These are all very cute though so 100% recommended for others.

Yeah, I'm also waiting for this to be like 3/4 complete in translations so I don't have to wait as long.

Blood A likes this.
  11. cursebreaker

cursebreaker Outer disciple of Danmei Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Karry and Blood A like this.
  12. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YURI/GL PLLLLZZZZZZ !

Not enough of yuri pregnancy !!! There is one series in NU that does have that though, "Alice in phantasmagoria".

13. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH since there's only like 2 chapters translated for Chef Yu I'll probably mtl it later. Thank you!

cursebreaker likes this.
  14. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. lykizan

lykizan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

i've seen you around a lot lol, always in bl threads lamenting about bl

you should go create a new thread if you want yuri instead of randoming hijacking bl threads and complaining haha

sorry if i come off passive aggressive, it's may be because i see you everywhere asking why not gl

if i've got the wrong person, please tell me, because i can swear seeing the same person pop up repeatedly trying to put gl over bl

StayGoldIvesAnn and Japorea like this.
  16. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just trying to interesting BL fans to yuri-ism. Hehehe. What about you ? interested ? You can try the funny 3koma linked in my signature for a try.

17. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.powanjuan.org/dmtr/8997
    Daily Life After Marriage
    MC is film emperor who return after having son four years ago. The son is cute. Loving relation and family. Slice of life story

Try this one. Mtl is easy to understand
    Or go to my bl/yaoi/shonen ai novel recs to check

Karry likes this.
  18. lykizan

lykizan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how would you feel if yaoi fans hijacked yuri threads to promote bl tho

i'd be more interested if you didnt appear in the bl threads im really into promoting gl and being somewhat angry, but sure, why not, i'll give it a try when i have the time.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Japorea, Karry and Wolfwind27 like this.
  19. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read yuri mangas rather than novels if anything (Cuz female visuals is best). But I'm looking more specifically for BL. Though it isn't family centric (nor a novel) 'Their Story' with Sun Jing/Qiu Tong is extremely cute and hilarious to read.

But once again, I'm looking more towards BL novels. Sorry bout that.

20. cursebreaker

cursebreaker Outer disciple of Danmei Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Adding I am a Chef in the Modern Era, I'm on 80ish chapter on MTL and spoiler!!! They just adopted two little buns (well, one little bun and one xiao zhengtai). And yep, this is definitely family-centered especially when ML's family is introduced o((*^▽^*))o

Karry likes this.