Spoiler (BL) Faraway Wanderers

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hotato, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
  2. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, can anyone that have read this novel provide spoilers? Thank you:love::love:

From Sparkling water Translations website:

"天涯客
    Author: priest (jjwxc, please support the novel and the author if you can!)

Genres: Historical, Wuxia, Humor, Adventure

Summary: A tale about the former leader of a special organization served under royalty, now leaving his past life behind and unintentionally getting involved with the martial world¹.

¹ 江湖 (jiānghú), literally translated rivers and lakes. It refers to the common setting in wuxia/xianxia stories.

Translator’s note: This story is set in the same universe with another novel by priest, 七爷, and the main characters of the latter will appear in this novel; however, both stories are pretty much self-contained so it’s not required to read the other to understand what’s going on in this one and vice versa, except for some additional context for the cameos’ appearance."

alexfilia, Kleep, veihakase and 3 others like this.
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hotato from a reviewer, the MC “will be cured, don’t worry.”

baka8roukanako likes this.
  4. Hotato

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I'm sad

5. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give some details or a summary on that please? Thanks:notworthy::notworthy:

6. Hotato

Reading List:
    Link
    Calling @AliciaAlyss

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Why sad?
    The 2 reviews are in the NU page, you can read it yourself, there’s not much spoilers though

8. Hotato

Reading List:
    Link
    I was kinda hoping that there's a novel where the MC died and not reborn

9. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @kiara8 I saw that now, thanks for the reminder:)

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Wth, you into tragedy? Just look through the tag.

Tintl likes this.
  11. Hotato

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda want one with similar vibe to this novel?

12. Peasant0

Peasant0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys! I was looking through Chinese spoiler forums and I heard that the MC and Wen Kenxing are a CP.
    Zhou Zishu tensed, his face betraying nothing, “What do you mean?”

The other paid it no mind, muttering under his breath, “How strange… Really, really strange. I can’t see if you’re wearing a mask or not, can’t be sure that you aren’t, hm…”

He rubbed his chin, sounding uncertain, “I’ve never been wrong before; the moment I saw your butterfly bone7, I knew you had to be a great beauty.”

Nothing could have prepared Zhou Zishu for that answer.

komo komo, veihakase, kiara8 and 3 others like this.
  13. AliciaAlyss

AliciaAlyss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm.. Actually, I only understand the basic of the story. As I said it's quite hard to mtl:blobcry:. About MC's condition..

MC is the head of secret organization who serve the king (as the summary said). In this organization, there's a special torturing technique, Drilled with nails or something, forgot. If you plant all those nails directly, you can say good bye to the world. But, if you plant it slowly, one by one, you'll still have around three years to live. So, I guess MC feels it's best to drill those nails for exchange of his retirement as the head of the organization. He already accepted those fate and decided to enjoy the three years left of his life. That... Is before he meet ML! He agreed to cure himself later:blobxd:. At first ML has given up with MC condition, and MC doesn't care about it. MC thinks that it's his retribution. Fortunately, as time goes by, MC feels those special feeling and decided to accompany ML longer :blobowoevil:

Yes, they are! It's soooo cute. ML likes to bother (harrass) MC :blobmelt:

komo komo, Shizun, alexfilia and 13 others like this.
  14. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @AliciaAlyss & @Peasant0 How did they fall in love? I know, their conversations are so interesting, I can imagine how funny and cute it would be when they become a couple

2. Isn’t Wen Kenxing a big player though?

3. What is his background?

Tintl and Blood A like this.
  15. AliciaAlyss

AliciaAlyss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Their relationship is slow developed so the answer basically all their interaction in the story or the whole story :blobjoy:
    I think for WKX, because he's intrigued by MC. He wants to know MC's real face and real identity so he likes to stick around MC. Later, he started to fall for MC after knowing more about him. He doesn't accept those feeling at first, but since MC's condition often makes WKX worry, those feeling becomes more deep and finally he accepted it. But that's my own thoughts :blobwoah:.
    For MC.. it's quite difficult. With WKX you will know when he started to find MC interesting and so on, but MC, he is so ignorant with everything about feelings? I don't know how to say it :blobconfounded:. But, I guess he fell for WKX because ML cares about him. He has never been taken care of by someone, it's novelty for him. He doesn't accept nor reject the gesture, just letting WKX to do it. Maybe he finds it comfortable later and decided that it's alright to have WKX more around him.

YES HE IS. I think it's all his plan, all the mysteries in the stories. Just maybe it goes awry? Mtl confuse me, so i don't know if it's true or not:notlikeblob:. (WHAT MATTER IS MC doesn't cares hehe)

You mean WKX? (If I'm not wrong) He is the leader of the Valley. So there's this territory (a valley) which is considered as the dark spot of the world (or country, or i don't know). It's a cruel place where everyone need to do every possible way to survive. I don't remember if WKX was born there or not, but He is there, okay? So he does everything he need to survive and later becomes the leader of the valley. But who wants to follow a leader in a place like that? No one right? Just, he is considered as the strongest person there, nearly everyone fear him. Except those who wants to replace him ofc.

There you go. But I don't know if those doubtful answers will satisfy you :blobsweat:

komo komo, kiara8, ahsudole and 6 others like this.
  16. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I binged this novel! Overall, I think it is very much a Priest novel: many funny and heartwarming moments, but also tons and tons of knives especially near the end. It's even worse in this novel because most of the scenes are generally lighthearted, but then that ending ;___;

The general gist of the plot is the presence of an overarching conspiracy, as "righteous" and "unorthodox" martial artists alike plot and kill each other over a legendary treasure said to grant incredible martial arts power.
    In particular, various criminals/outcasts appear to have emerged from their forbidden territory of the "Ghost Valley", aiming to get their hands on this treasure.

ML insists on following MC around, and the two effectively become the adopted fathers to the now-orphaned Zhang family boy. All those greedy people want to get their hands on the Zhang boy, since the Zhang family was said to hold one of the keys to the legendary treasure before being extinguished. As a result, MC and ML protect the kid and slowly teach him martial arts along the way. ML's follower girl also tags along, as does a somewhat nerdy young master from a righteous/orthodox sect.

The nerdy young master Cao Weining falls in love with the follower girl Gu Xiang at first sight, and the two slowly realize they want to leave each other's sects and become a couple. They have a very cute dynamic here: Gu Xiang is an ass-kicking yet book-dumb action girl, while Cao Weining shyly tries to use awkward pick-up lines from poetry but does his best to help out her and the Zhang boy. Yep, they are the story's side couple! (Though there is hints at another side couple as well, two guys who are old friends with MC.)

ML is indeed the Valley Lord of the Ghost Valley. And in the very last main story chapter, badly wounded after the final battle, ML finally opens his heart and reveals his full backstory to MC.

Back in the day, ML's parents were entrusted with one of the major keys to the legendary treasure. They lived in peace, with ML as your usual unruly child. Then one day, power-hungry martial artists tracked them down and slaughtered their village. This was the day where ML saw the sight he always remembers, of an owl knocking over a person holding a bowl of red water. The person's blood had dripped into the water, and that's why it was red.

ML escaped the massacre, but doubled back to see what had become of his parents.
    His mother had been cut in half, impaled, and had her face sliced off. ML only recognized her because of her beautiful butterfly shoulder bones.

ML tried to run away but was discovered by some passerby "Ghosts"--the criminal outcasts from Ghost Valley. They threatened to kill him and peel off his skin. Out of desperation, he thought of a method to avoid death.

He crawled over to his father's corpse, stripped off the flesh, and ate it.
    He thought, he should leave himself a memento, and he originally came from his father's flesh and bones, right?
    At this sight, even the Ghosts feared him. They said he was born to be a little ghost, and took him in as one of their own.

During the events of the story, he emerged from the Valley to exact his revenge on the culprits who killed his parents and by extension, all those greedy enough to desire the legendary treasure. He orchestrated all the events of the story--he manipulated his ambitious and greedy subordinate Ghosts to leave the valley in search of the treasure. He made those power-hungry orthodox martial artists end up warring amongst themselves.

In the end, everyone comes to siege the Ghost Valley, and ML is betrayed by one of his closest subordinates. He knew the betrayal was coming, but he expected to die in that final battle. MC manages to save him. Then MC successfully undergoes the procedure to have those life-limiting Nails extracted. The two of them live a quiet isolated life away from the Jianghu forever, constantly dueling and probably (you know)ing with each other while continuing to teach the Zhang boy.

Oh, and remember the cute and hilarious side couple?
    What do you know, they fucking die. God damn it Priest, what do you have against side couples?!?!
    Gu Xiang obtains the ML's blessing to leave the Ghost Valley forever and get together with Cao Weining. ML even works to prepare her a dowry.

But near the final battle, the nerdy young master Cao Weining reveals himself at an inopportune time to the crowd of "righteous" martial artists when he helps his Shifu in the orthodox sect avoid a surprise attack. He then openly declares that he wants to quit his sect and leave the Jianghu, to run away with the girl Gu Xiang.

But nope, things can't end peacefully because FUCK YOU.
    Some of the fucking asshole villains within the "righteous" martial artists point out that Gu Xiang is actually from the Ghost Valley. Despite this revelation, Cao Weining insists on protecting her and marrying her. He pleads with his Shishu and Shifu from his orthodox sect, and asks for their blessing.
    His grumpy but good-tempered Shishu rebukes him but ultimately agrees.
    When he walks over to his smiling Shifu, his Shifu kills him in cold blood on the spot.

His sly and ambitious Shifu then declares he "cleaned the traitor from his sect".
    Gu Xiang witnesses this all and is of course extremely enraged. She wants to kill that Shifu with a thousand knives but can't do anything.

Ultimately, Gu Xiang dies in the final battle protecting ML, asking him to kill the Shifu as her last request. The injured ML does so.

Yep. God fucking dammit Priest, this is why I'm terrified and paranoid whenever I open one of your books.

At least we get one final extremely tear-jerking extra?
    It's revealed that Cao Weining waited for Gu Xiang in the underworld. He refused to drink Meng Po soup/go to reincarnation until he could see her one last time. He even comments that he hopes she arrives as an old lady who managed to find happiness.
    But since Gu Xiang followed him not too long after, the two young lovers finally meet again. Hearing their story, even Meng Po herself takes pity on their suffering. When they walk towards their next lives, she grants them a red string of fate, so they are reincarnated as true destined lovers, without any more barriers keeping them apart.

Man, see what Priest does? this novel had so many funny and cute moments during the first reading. But now when I'm trying to do my second reading, there's always one piece of dialogue that makes me remember the ending reveals and then I burst into tears. Thanks.

This book's favorite tactic:
    "Hahahaha character X always does X behavior, what a cute and funny running joke"
    ~70 chapters later~
    "Hey remember how you always laughed about character X's running joke of doing X behavior all the time?
    "That's because all along, they had a horribly tragic backstory explaining why they did X behavior
    "DO YOU STILL THINK IT'S FUNNY NOW, HUH? DO YOU????" ;____;

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Aien_31, orange357, jadelin and 21 others like this.
  17. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never read Priest's story. I only know of Guardian, and that's only because it was adapted into a tv series. Nevertheless, summoning the sect~! :blobhero:
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro
    @324722

18. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blood A likes this.
  19. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Attica Will the emperor or the secret organization where he was the previous head of, try to kill the MC later on? Will they play an important role in the novel as it progresses?

20. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, sorry for the stupid question, but who's the one in red? :oops::oops: